For trouble with glitched upgrading!!!

Snuggle Boots

TRICK TO GETTING "STEEL CANNIBAL" IF YOU DIDNT GET IT THE FIRST TIME:

I played through my first time and didnt get the steel cannibal achievement... but i played through the second time and got it. im pretty sure this is the best way to approach the problem. btw a second playthrough only takes a few hours and is not that painful.

-the best advice i can give is to play through again and save before you do your last upgrading at the upgrader thing at the fair. therefor if it screws up again you can load it ovr and ovr again until it works for you.

-on my second playthrough i had a little more than just enough to get my last upgrade.

-im not sure if this ordering helps, but just giv it a try anyways:

(i got everybodies first upgrade from anne-clair, of course)

1. Me, i got the last upgrade for the hoe from anne-clair.

2. Gabe, i got the last upgrade for the gauntlets (knuckles) at the upgrader at the fair.

3. tycho, i got the last upgrade for the gun with the book on it at the fair.

HOPE THIS HELPS YALL THAT ARE AS PISSED AS I WAS

:Bounce:

Edited by Snuggle Boots

While this took me 2 tries to get it... I realized later what I missed. I forgot to get the upgrade in the Asylum for Gabe. I missed that really, and didn't get it in the first. With both of my attempts I did it with my custom character from the first game, so really that claim that I have to create another character

doesn't sit well for me.

So I didn't notice the machine in the Fair until near the end. My gamesave was on top of the giant fruit, just before attacking him with the trio for the last time.

I backed out, ran down the fairway, went to the machine, and upgraded. No achievement. Then I reloaded the save, went to the Agency, went to Anne-Claire's, went back to the fair, ran through from the beginning, went to the machine, and upgraded again. This time I got the achievement.

I don't know if that made the difference, or that the first time, I upgraded Tycho, then Gabe; the second time I reversed it.

Also, the first time, after the upgrade, not getting the achievement wasn't the only glitch; Tycho and Gabe also disappeared until I changed panels.

So evidently it is possbile if you still have a gamesave you can reload, you just have to approach it the right way. Maybe this info can help someone else.

Is this even a patchable glitch? I mean don't get me wrong I loved the game and I am a big penny arcade fan but with so many releases coming out that I want to play I just don't have the time or patience for another full run through of the game for that one glitched achievement.

• 2 weeks later...

It might be random, but this is the way I got it: I had Tycho's weapon fully upgraded, missing one upgrade on mine and one on Gabe's. All robots beaten. Saved in front of the ameliorator.

• Upgrade my weapon, then Gabe's. Nope.
  • Upgrade Gabe's weapon, then mine. Nope.
  • Upgrade mine, leave the ameliorator, upgrade Gabe's. Nope.
  • Upgrade Gabe's, leave the ameliorator, upgrade mine. Nope.
  • Upgrade mine, leave the ameliorator, visit the agency and check the stats to verify 5/6 upgrades, upgrade Gabe's. Nope.
  • Upgrade Gabe's, leave the ameliorator, visit the agency and check the stats to verify 5/6 upgrades, upgrade mine. DING! Achievement unlocked!

Hope this helps.