Being cheap?

oo Guido oo

It appears to me that in this game once you get to a certain level of skill you are stuck there and the only way to beat the harder opponents on harder difficulty is to use cheap tricks like the serving an ace technique or using soft backspins all the time. Surely there are other ways to beat them?

Maybe I am just being Naive as I have only been playing Xbox360 games for about 2-3 weeks, and haven't even got my own yet (still using my housemate's) but I don't really like the idea of using little tricks to asure winning like the ace serve technique. I'd prefer to work through get better and beat the games and get the achievements by being good enough and putting the time in to get them. Unfortunately due to the lack of other hints on here I am starting to believe there is no other choice on this game!

• 3 weeks later...

You can beat the CPU on All-Star without using the "cheap" ace-serve. You have to be top-notch, and pretty much "know" the game. I know the game. You have to constantly use spin combos (Top left spin, Top right spin, etc). It's no easy task, and the ace serve just makes it go by faster. If you haven't noticed yet, the ace serve doesn't work against a couple computer opponents, so you must play the whole match out "legit".