HELP! I am legitimately trapped with 93%

Doctor Flatline

• 2 months later...

Heh. Weren't the only one that had issues with grenades & foam. Though I somehow managed to get around the one spot I would have needed them for (the elevator on the right side, grenade panel up top, and a rocket man shooting at you in a small passage near the middle of the vertical area). I did end up getting stuck soon afterwards, getting locked into place by one-way falling panels, but soon figured out the trick in the room with the gold bar needing the inertial element to get and get through.

I guess it's the hallmark of a good game; you can play it multiple times, and even though there's an A-B-C-D progression, you always find new tricks that change the dynamic of the game (foam bridges, shooting the grapple while hanging from the grapple, wall-climbing without the jetpack/boots, etc.). I would love to see a documentary on the design of this game, particularly how much research they did into the whole Metroid gaming world and the various implements of the series. The whole sequence-breaking thing for one, particularly as they purposefully coded it into the game.