'Elusive' made easy?

DustyTheHamster

I've seen alot of posts about how you should do this achievement, beat "the scramble blitz", with 2 or 4 people using gunners and tanks. Well what if you want to do it solo? Here's how:

Start off Pick Tank ( basic class tank is fine ) and spend 550 to get Deploy 3 the upper skill or Y ability.

Leave your spawn through the front/middle exit and head to where you see the turret nub in the middle, the one with another nub to either side and 2 more out side of the base. Walk past it then place your back to it so your looking out under the bridge and deploy, this prevents gremlins and bouncers from getting behind you as they only spawn from in front of you now.

Round 1 Gremlins notice the line of orange arrows on the left went green thats what your aiming towards with your lance. With level 3 deploy you get infinite ammo and no longer need to reload so stay deployed holding the fire button down and aiming at the blurs moving towards you. Time passes you may get hit a few times learning just the sweet spot to aim but nothing life threatening.

Round 2 Bouncers from the right this time. You should have quite a bit of money now. After you kill a bouncer undeploy turn around and make that center nub a Shave Ice, and the ones on either side into laze blaze turrets. Continue to kill bouncers while doing this either backing away from them or redeploying before they get to you so you can't be grabbed. Try to get the Lazes up to 3 and redeploy in front of the shave ice asap.

Round 3 Gremlins+ bouncers Star off by killing gremlins till the bouncer is in range then look right kill it and return to gremlins. This will become your routine for the res of the levels pretty much, killing gremlins on the left with an occasional turn to the right for bouncer.

Round 4 Buzzers Upgrade the shave ice to 3 as long as you stay near it or move around behind it a bit the Lazes should take care of those buzzers with out too much trouble if your taking a beating try running around near the turrets rather then sitting in one spot all the time.

Bonus - bullseye 2 more Laze 3 turrets up front this time while lancing bullseye works great. The set up should look like

L       L
   T
L   I    L

With L being Laze turrets T being the Tank(you) and I being the shave Ice.

When bullseye is down and turrets are done Redeploy in front of the shave Ice

Round 5-7 Gremlins and Bouncers at this point your just repeating round 3 tactics with 4 lazes helping you. When you get the cash and feel you have a window feel free to by Tank 3 for more health and armor, as a Just in case.

Round 8 more buzzers with 4 laze turrets much easier then round 4

Bonus your most likely rolling around in money armor by now you can buy what ever skills you want or more turrets in your base it really doesn't matter .

Round 9 I think this one is still more of the same I've forgotten if it changed up here if it did see next round.

Round 10 - Buzzers on the left 2 gremlins 1 bouncer 1 scrambler per wave on the right. Ignore the left side your Lazes will take care of them focus on burning down what ever is closest on the right side, make an effort to try and get the scrambler though as it tends to go for the right turret rather then straight to you and you may lose the turret. Ok that's really no big deal but still the added firepower helps speed this final bit along.

Success Enjoy your achievement.

Hope this helps people trying for Elusive Solo, it may not be the bestest way or the fastest but it worked for me and is atleast something to try if your having trouble with it.

i did more or less the same thing only without the Ice turret. except i made a custom Tank class, and went:

Gold Health Regen

Silver Armor

Bronze Critical Damage

when you get Deploy upgraded all the way and the bottom one as well that affects your health, when you deploy you are pretty tough and your health regenerates like a madman. plus you of course never have to reload and your weapon can kill Jack Bots in about 2-3 seconds without any turrets helping. and as long as you stay close to several Laser turrets they can get most Gremlins off you easily, and your health refills up in like 3 seconds.

Edited by shinobigarth

Standard Tank with these Turrets on the center entrance nubs...

I I

L R L

Upgrade those, and replace any that get killed by buzzers and you'll get through fine... Build a couple extra lasers if ya want more damage on the bouncers... Got it on first try with no deaths and no damage on the ball...