Dance Mini Games?

colonelcrittendon

Hey, not trying to be rude, but you don't have to keep making new threads for every question - just ask again in one thread and you'll get replies.

The dance minigames are unmissable and required to progress in Level 1 and Level 10. I found the key to getting "Awesome" hits was to watch the circle on the left closely. When the notes hit the circle, you need to wait just a split-second - as soon as you see a flash appear on the button, press it. You should get "Awesome" everytime.

You can retry as many times as you like, and quit out if you screw up and want to retry as well.

From your other thread, the character customizer is in Cloud Cuckoo Land. Go to the building where you had the big Master Builder meeting, it's in there. Right across from the warp portal.

Hey, not trying to be rude, but you don't have to keep making new threads for every question - just ask again in one thread and you'll get replies.

The dance minigames are unmissable and required to progress in Level 1 and Level 10. I found the key to getting "Awesome" hits was to watch the circle on the left closely. When the notes hit the circle, you need to wait just a split-second - as soon as you see a flash appear on the button, press it. You should get "Awesome" everytime.

You can retry as many times as you like, and quit out if you screw up and want to retry as well.

From your other thread, the character customizer is in Cloud Cuckoo Land. Go to the building where you had the big Master Builder meeting, it's in there. Right across from the warp portal.

Could you retry the mini game without restarting the level? That's what annoyed me when I was going for it, I'd get one 'Good' and have to restart the level.

Could you retry the mini game without restarting the level? That's what annoyed me when I was going for it, I'd get one 'Good' and have to restart the level.

According to the PS3T.org trophy guide (yes, Dougiefresh posted one already), all you have to do is press Circle (which is B on the Xbox) before the dance ends and you can retry it. I'm not sure if after the dance is completely over you can retry it since you get that Instruction Sheet when it's over. I think it has to be during the dance or even just before your score screen.

And, before someone asks, the moves are not cumulative. You have to get 21 Awesome moves (which is the amount of moves in each dance) in one attempt, not over multiple attempts. Just thought I'd put that out there since the achievement description does not specify this.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

According to the PS3T.org trophy guide (yes, Dougiefresh posted one already), all you have to do is press Circle (which is B on the Xbox) before the dance ends and you can retry it. I'm not sure if after the dance is completely over you can retry it since you get that Instruction Sheet when it's over. I think it has to be during the dance or even just before your score screen.

And, before someone asks, the moves are not cumulative. You have to get 21 Awesome moves (which is the amount of moves in each dance) in one attempt, not over multiple attempts. Just thought I'd put that out there since the achievement description does not specify this.

Wish I knew about that before. lol

Wish I knew about that before. lol

I just reread Dougie's solutions (thanks Dougie). To retry the dance mini-game:

If you happen to miss any you can stand in front of the stereo and press http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/images/smilies/circle18x18.png and it will restart the dance for you. You must get all 21 awesome scores in one game, you cannot get 11 in one game and 10 in a second game.
So it's not during the dance. Just go over to the radio and restart it.

I've now restarted this damn level 4 times cause of one or two stupid mis-hits, and you CAN NOT exit out of the dance game with the B Button. No button stops the game, not even Pause. At least not the first time playing through the level anyway. You can't retry it when it's over either.

Supremely irritating.

You have to play the entire damn level again from the start to make another attempt.

Never thought a Lego game achieve of all things would be this irritating.

I've now restarted this damn level 4 times cause of one or two stupid mis-hits, and you CAN NOT exit out of the dance game with the B Button. No button stops the game, not even Pause. At least not the first time playing through the level anyway. You can't retry it when it's over either.

Supremely irritating.

You have to play the entire damn level again from the start to make another attempt.

Never thought a Lego game achieve of all things would be this irritating.

I'm not totally sure about the construction site mini-game, but the level 11 mini-game I am 100% positive you can finish and retry in both story mode and free play. I know because I retried the minigame and got the achievement in my first playthrough of the level.

When the song is done, move near the spot where you danced and you should get a B prompt. This restarts the minigame. You can quit out with B if you mess up.

I'm not sure about the first level minigame in story, but you can retry/quit in free play definitely. Again, I know because I did it.

Was only saying cause in Story Mode first time through in the construction level there is/was no way to repeat/retry it for the construction dance game.

Good to know the other one has a retry even in Story Mode.

EDIT: The construction one has the B Button as a retry as well in Free Play. It does not in Story mode.

Edited by THE VICER0Y

I couldnt get the Construction Dance game to go at all in my free play try. I plugged the power in, raised the 2 speaker and the construction guys got in their places...and nothing. Wouldnt let me dance....so I just saved and exited out. I assume this was just a glitch?

I've had that happen twice also, the game sometimes doesn't trigger events correctly.

UPDATE: Whew, I finally got both done. I don't know what's more frustrating, TT's claims that Online Coop isn't warrented or their insistence on putting these kinds of challenges (no errors whatsoever) in their famly/kids games when the rest of the game is a cakewalk. Annoying minikits, races with an unforgiving clock/opponent or now with these dances. Either way, another 1000G thanks to LEGO.

-------

What was throwing me off was looking for a "B" button icon and standing next to the boombox/jukebox.

Whereas all you have to do is press "B" while on the dance platform. There is no "B" button icon and you can quit/retry all you want without having to restart the level.

There are a whole lot of conflicting posts for something so simple which only leads to more confusion.

Edited by EatSleepDreamAchievements

I couldnt get the Construction Dance game to go at all in my free play try. I plugged the power in, raised the 2 speaker and the construction guys got in their places...and nothing. Wouldnt let me dance....so I just saved and exited out. I assume this was just a glitch?

I've had a couple instances where the mini-cutscene hangs before you get a chance to plug in the radio and fix the speakers, the camera being stuck on the worker who tells you to get the guys out of the coffee cabin. It also hung up when I backed out to try again to get all Awesomes, but I was doing it in story mode, I'll give it a shot in free play next time I'm on.

There's a couple times it's hung up elsewhere, seems there's still a few bugs in the game to be sorted out.

Was only saying cause in Story Mode first time through in the construction level there is/was no way to repeat/retry it for the construction dance game.

Good to know the other one has a retry even in Story Mode.

EDIT: The construction one has the B Button as a retry as well in Free Play. It does not in Story mode.

Oh but it IS replayable in Story Mode. The very first time I played I got 20 Awesome's. So I went to the radio, pressed B and nothing. I tried a few more times and nothing, jumped on the rooftops and pressed B by the speakers and nothing. Then I went out to where the dance floor is and VIOLA! it started again. I got all 21 Awesome's that time.

And while in either dance, press B to quit. Works on both dances in both Story Mode and Free Play, same as retrying (press B on the dance floor itself). Why would anyone think you could do it for one but not the other?

Oh but it IS replayable in Story Mode. The very first time I played I got 20 Awesome's. So I went to the radio, pressed B and nothing. I tried a few more times and nothing, jumped on the rooftops and pressed B by the speakers and nothing. Then I went out to where the dance floor is and VIOLA! it started again. I got all 21 Awesome's that time.

This confused me... I read peoples comments and I went up to the radio and pressed B so many times walking around trying to find the sweet spot.

But yeah... Walk to the dance floor, and the B appears... The thing is.. this is far enough away from the radio that you probably won't go that far to try press B at.

Just wanted to save someone else some confusion.

As for timing... A split second late seems to be a good or a cool, but you can be VERY late on your button presses and still get an Awesome. So, I recommend just waiting till the button hits the circle, then try to hit it. I messed up when I tried to hit it exact (because the timing is a tiny bit off).

• 10 months later...

While people say you can replay the mini-game by hitting the B button on the dance floor, this never worked for me, in either mode. I had to quit and restart the entire level. Fortunately it only took me a few tries. Just be sure you wait until the button is fully inside the circle before you press it. There is no rush and the 'Awesome' window is quite large. Definitely the most annoying achievements in the game if you ask me...