Extreme Variation 1v1?

Robin183

Is it possible? Has anyone managed to do it?

Why?

My Xbox headset is broken, but I've got only 1 real-life firend who cares enough about getting the achievement to bother doing this. As it's pretty hard to do this with people you can't really communicate with, I was wondering if it'd be possible to do it just the 2 of us.

How?

Well, this part is the tricky one, because I'm not even sure if it's possible. I checked with the descriptions of the bonuses, and as far as I can tell it should be possible to get at least 14 bonuses. These are:

• Discreet
  • Silent
  • Incognito
  • Acrobatic
  • Drop Kill
  • Focus
  • Hidden
  • First Blood
  • Revenge
  • Mid-air
  • Poison
  • Escape
  • Close Call
  • Lure

Now, those 14 wouldn't be enough, but since I don't know wether End Bonuses counts or not, none of them are included. I'm also not sure how the game would handle bonuses like:

• Savior (would it count you as his target, even though you killed him?)
  • Grounded (is it possible to stun someone who's your target, if you are their target too?)
  • Stun (still not sure if it's possible to stun him)
  • Chain (would it count if he went high profile, I hid and then got out and killed him?)
  • Variety (would this count?)
  • Greater Variety (same as Variety)

If we assume that the Variety-based 2 works, but none of the others, that leaves us with 16 completeable bonuses, which would make it possible to do this 1v1. If all of them are completeable in 1v1, then we would actually have 20 different bonuses, which would make it even easier.

Summary

Depending on some of the gameplay mechanics and other unclear things, this could either be possible or impossible to do 1v1. This is why I'm asking for input. I'm probably going to test this out in the near future, but probably not today. I will post the results here.

So, if anyone know the answers to my questions or notices something that I've overlooked or miscalculated, please, post a reply.

I'm pretty sure you cant even do 1v1 :/

You can do 1v1 in Private Manhunt, one person on each team.

I think you could get all of the 14 you listed, except for Revenge as only one team/person would be attacking at one time. Also, do the Variety bonuses carry over rounds? As you'd only be able to get the kill bonuses in the round you are attacking and the escaping/defending bonuses in the other round.

I think you could get all of the 14 you listed, except for Revenge as only one team/person would be attacking at one time. Also, do the Variety bonuses carry over rounds? As you'd only be able to get the kill bonuses in the round you are attacking and the escaping/defending bonuses in the other round.

The challenges I was uncertain of would certainly not work in Manhunt, as you would not be anyones target if you're going 1v1, so if any of the currently listed challenges doesn't count it's over.

That would give us 13 from kills and 2 from Variety (if those even counts). That means it is actually possible to do it 1v1. I'll have to try that out, but first I'll have to get the poison ability, though..

Thanks for the feedback. :)

pretty sure the variety bonuses don't stack. Even if you get all 3, it only counts it as one.

Hmm.. too bad. That leaves us 1 challenge short. This means that we'd have to be atleast 3 to do some Co-Op Challenge or Intercepted.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, and feel free to post anything else you guys can come up with that might help, I'll keep revisiting the thread for eventual solutions etc, even if it's starting to look pretty bad. :/

If you can do poison, you can do intercepted. Just poison them and them kill them right away, you will get Intercepted.

Really? Doesn't the description specify that someone else has to kill a target you poisoned?

Anyway, if that does work it's still possible to do this 1v1. :woop:

Oh :o

Cheers for correcting me, tried on hunted and just guessed you could'nt do it on any others. :)

So from what people have said I'm pretty sure that you can at least get these 14:

• Discreet
  • Silent
  • Incognito
  • Acrobatic
  • Drop Kill
  • Focus
  • Hidden
  • First Blood
  • Mid-air
  • Poison
  • Escape
  • Close Call
  • Lure
  • Variety/Greater Variety/Extreme Variety (counts as one)

And if these count/are possible to do in 1v1, you could get it:

• Intercepted
  • Stun
  • Ariel Kill

Does any body know if Variety counts for the whole session, or just a single round? As to get all of these 1v1, you would need to play 2 rounds of Manhunt.

So from what people have said I'm pretty sure that you can at least get these 14:

• Discreet
  • Silent
  • Incognito
  • Acrobatic
  • Drop Kill
  • Focus
  • Hidden
  • First Blood
  • Mid-air
  • Poison
  • Escape
  • Close Call
  • Lure
  • Variety/Greater Variety/Extreme Variety (counts as one)

And if these count/are possible to do in 1v1, you could get it:

• Intercepted
  • Stun
  • Ariel Kill

Does any body know if Variety counts for the whole session, or just a single round? As to get all of these 1v1, you would need to play 2 rounds of Manhunt.

Yes, it does seem like there is actually a chance of doing this in 1v1.

No idea about the Variety one, but I would assume that it'd carry over to the next round if all the others do. Not confirmed though.

I am 100% sure someone else doesn't have to poison them. I poisoned the person then killed him, got intercepted.

Oh, that's great, then it seems this is doable in 1v1. At least theoretically.

Has anyone confirmed if this can be done??

I don't think so. I will try as soon as I get the poison. If somebody else is able to do it faster, please post your results here.

I actually tried this in 1v1 and it didn't work. For some reason First Blood doesn't work so you can only come up with 13 or 14. I also did not get the Intercepted bonus during the killing round if I was the one who both poisoned and then stabbed my opponent. I can't confirm if Variety or Greater Variety worked either, but I could consistently get both of them (obviously).

I actually tried this in 1v1 and it didn't work. For some reason First Blood doesn't work so you can only come up with 13 or 14. I also did not get the Intercepted bonus during the killing round if I was the one who both poisoned and then stabbed my opponent. I can't confirm if Variety or Greater Variety worked either, but I could consistently get both of them (obviously).

Auw, that sucks. Guess this can't be done then. Bummer. :(