Driving compared to real life

collapsedbeef

The main difference is the lack of the Rewind option in your real car.

That's why you'd go balls to the wall to set a timed lap in the game, but would most certainly chicken out in reality. And I don't blame you!

Oh, and the fastest I've driven IRL was 144 mph in Spain, while at the wheel of a Seat León TDi. The sound the bugs made as they hit the car was insane!

149-150 Mph (240 km/h) as a passenger in my dad's old 9000 2,3T

... And 110 Mph (177 Km/h) in my current Felicia 1,3 MPI... I'm amazed it didn't burst into flames xD

In-game I've yet to reach 248-249 Mph (400+ Km/h) in my stock Veyron :p

Fastest so far is 236 Mph on the Benchmark oval track

149-150 Mph (240 km/h) as a passenger in my dad's old 9000 2,3T

... And 110 Mph (177 Km/h) in my current Felicia 1,3 MPI... I'm amazed it didn't burst into flames xD

In-game I've yet to reach 248-249 Mph (400+ Km/h) in my stock Veyron :p

Fastest so far is 236 Mph on the Benchmark oval track

Start on the nurburgring and back up all the way to one end and floor it, you'll hit top speed in the Veyron, then smack into a guardrail at 250mph haha

Lmao every day on my way to work its well over 100, i live in the wine county (lots of windy backroads and 5 real good straights) on the trip to work i pass atleast 20 cars even illegally yes i know im a prick... BUT i race at Portland (PIR) during the summer as a career of mine, so i have my SCCA and i go well over 170 on the 1/2 mile straight in my 03 evo viii thats pushing some mega whp.. (last dyno netted about 750whp not HP)

but its more of a habit for me to drive like i do, if you live by me and i passed you at rediculous speeds i apologize.. kinda, you really should just drive faster..

Oh i got a good question for everyone too, does anybody mess the speed radars that are posted out on the street (i.e. - YOUR SPEED 30 MPH)

lol ours out here that are a sign go to "99" and the towed out ones with the hitch say "150" and blink rediculously and some light up to let officers nearby know but they all top out at 150 out here.

Peoples faces when you come to a stop at the light are funnier than hell!

In real life top speed was approx 156 mph in a Ferrari 360 at Silverstone. Top speed in the game 232mph in a Veyron at the 'Ring :p

Here's me at the wheel of the Ferrari:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/headshed/Ferrari_Drive2.jpg

Edited by headshed101

• 2 weeks later...