Patches/Updates

BowManHomie

Did they fix it?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Did they fix it?

• Yes! They have fixed the issues.
    • No! They have not fixed any issues.

Greetings Xbox360Achievers,

I just wanted to take a quick census, about the recent patch/updates that have been released, too see if they actually have fixed/not fixed the issues that others have been having within the game.

So leave a "Yes" or "No" in the poll

I.E. cars disappearing from garages, online characters being deleted etc..etc..

Edited by BowManHomie

It's unacceptable to be honest.

If it wasn't ready then it shouldn't have been released. People wouldn't have moaned if right from the start before even giving a release date they'd have said look, sorry guys, it's playable but glitchy, and rather than get it rushed out now we're gonna take a fortnight or maybe even longer to iron it out before we release it. People would have respected that a lot more.

Granted some issues aren't ever gonna be known until it gets played en masse, but not knowing what your server load is gonna be is no excuse in my book. They knew full well what was going to happen, hence the press release prior to 1st October where they basically apologised in advance.

In my opinion multiplayer has never been Rockstar's strong suit. GTA IV was a nightmare when I played it back in the day, Red Dead Redemption ended up being pretty great after months and a ton of updates and changes and Max Payne 3 was horrific. GTA V feels like it has the potential to get where it needs to be like Red Dead Redemption eventually did but who wants to go along for the ride? When do we stop making excuses for it? Week two, month two, never? Don't tell me that I'm impatient or self-entitled, I don't invest in software in the hopes that it will work one day down the road, I buy games to play them.

It's still early days but I haven't had any problems since the update.

I don't think it's a simple yes or no answer though. I'm seeing SHIT loads of new players every time I go online. So they seem to have at least fixed the inital problem/tutorial issue.

Edit: Actually my game did crash once last night and I dropped back a level and lost about 10k. But I blamed my console. Since i've had CoD and Tony Hawks PS HD crash on me too.

Have there been any single player issues since the patch? I haven't played since the day before online came out and I'm only about 40% of the way through. I'm hoping when I have time to play again I won't be dealing with any crazy glitches. I don't plan on touching the online until I'm positive I won't be losing characters and all the other nonsense I've been reading about.

Have there been any single player issues since the patch? I haven't played since the day before online came out and I'm only about 40% of the way through. I'm hoping when I have time to play again I won't be dealing with any crazy glitches. I don't plan on touching the online until I'm positive I won't be losing characters and all the other nonsense I've been reading about.

I also want to know if my single playthrough can be affected , I heard people saying that the online patch ruin they single game , like they don't have any more mission and they can't buy anything..

Since update I have not seen motorcycles to do the race, I had to buy one, even though it wasn't in my garage straight away, I had to fiddle around, exit the game and re-load. Other than that, all ok.

Not really sure what problems there have been in single player pre update.

Know there is a few in MP (not played), but that's ok, because the time I get to it, some or most (hopefully) will be fixed.

Edited by cjdavies

In my opinion multiplayer has never been Rockstar's strong suit. GTA IV was a nightmare when I played it back in the day, Red Dead Redemption ended up being pretty great after months and a ton of updates and changes and Max Payne 3 was horrific. GTA V feels like it has the potential to get where it needs to be like Red Dead Redemption eventually did but who wants to go along for the ride? When do we stop making excuses for it? Week two, month two, never? Don't tell me that I'm impatient or self-entitled, I don't invest in software in the hopes that it will work one day down the road, I buy games to play them.

It still is, I boosted the last of the achievements I needed 2 weeks ago. Should have taken an hour tops, took almost 4.

Since update I have not seen motorcycles to do the race, I had to buy one, even though it wasn't in my garage straight away, I had to fiddle around, exit the game and re-load. Other than that, all ok.

Not really sure what problems there have been in single player pre update.

Know there is a few in MP (not played), but that's ok, because the time I get to it, some or most (hopefully) will be fixed.

Which race? I don't recall ever needing a bike to do a race.

You forgot the third option : the patch made more errors than before.....

As soon as I saw the news that a patch was coming out so soon I thought this. No way they tested it properly.

Whatever you do don't play RuneScape.

There's always new content every week and every time there's a new update it's always glitched for the first few hours

uh he didn't even mention Runescape. i can't believe people still play that game lmao i feel like i'm living in 2005.

ot: the update fixed a few things yes but even i am still getting problems. like constant load times and yesterday i got the cloud unavailable error like 10 times. probably need another patch to fix the rest of the issues.

I'm gonna be brutally honest. I've never seen an online game have such a crap first week since Defiance.

Surely you must be joking?

Simcity perhaps? 10 times worse than this. This is just early going hiccups.

What did people think was gonna happen when 100 million people all tried to jump on when it launched. We knew this was coming. All online games have some trouble in the early stages...

The fact is, regardless of how many betas you do - you simply can't anticipate just how it's all gonna hold up with millions of people trying to run through the door at once. And don't anyone bother arguing back with "but COD can do it fine" because that is a lie, even they had initial launch problems.

I think people need to relax and realize that Rockstar are working on it.

And if people keep losing characters, then why do they keep going back?

Wouldn't it be smarter to stay off online until they get it under control? I mean it's not going anywhere...

Surely you must be joking?

Simcity perhaps? 10 times worse than this. This is just early going hiccups.

What did people think was gonna happen when 100 million people all tried to jump on when it launched. We knew this was coming. All online games have some trouble in the early stages...

The fact is, regardless of how many betas you do - you simply can't anticipate just how it's all gonna hold up with millions of people trying to run through the door at once. And don't anyone bother arguing back with "but COD can do it fine" because that is a lie, even they had initial launch problems.

Wouldn't it be smarter to stay off online until they get it under control? I mean it's not going anywhere...

I'm not talking about lag. I'm talking about how at least 60% of the people who play GTA Online can't keep a character for more than a few days, and when they try to make a new character, it deletes it after a few hours. THey go back because they want to play the game.

And don't anyone bother arguing back with "but COD can do it fine" because that is a lie, even they had initial launch problems.

I'll bite. And bothering to argue back, you're completely wrong. I've played every Call of Duty game since 2007 on release date and NEVER has the game been this messed up or unplayable five days into release, it's never even been close to this bad on the night of release. Pick another game and come back but don't pick one that's cool to hate because it's popular, you just look stupid making statements like this.

cant vote.

they have fixed some issues but not all of them. and there is no option for this in the poll

this is very true, even though I voted for no, they have fixed a lot I think. Works a lot better but still a long way to go.

edit: and yeah I just got on and it put me back to lvl 42 from 45 and lost 200k. Not mad at all though, could have been WAYYY worse if I lost it all.

I'm not talking about lag. I'm talking about how at least 60% of the people who play GTA Online can't keep a character for more than a few days, and when they try to make a new character, it deletes it after a few hours. THey go back because they want to play the game.

No, no - Simcity was unplayable - not figuratively first-world-problems-unplayable, I mean literally. you could not connect at all. At least GTAV has the single player to fall back on.

I see your point, but if they know something is currently broken or glitched, and have experienced it first hand, then why keep going back for more torture?

Character 1 - deleted, 2 - deleted, 3 - deleted, 4- deleted.

"So instead of waiting for it to be resolved, I'm going to keep making characters"

Truly a prime example of insanity. :)

Damn right. We see the same shit time and time again lately. Every F2P game that gets released is unplayable the first week or so. I expect the same of KI when XB1 launches and I'll be laughing my ass off at everyone who couldn't wait to have it expecting something different. How many complete fails does it take before somebody slaps a class action suit on one of these publishers AND microsoft for releasing unplayable shit with ZERO quality control? I didn't spend $150 on the game to be a fucking beta tester. Like you said, I bought it to play it. I expect to be able to do so without fear of losing my progress because the servers suck.

I'll bite. And bothering to argue back, you're completely wrong. I've played every Call of Duty game since 2007 on release date and NEVER has the game been this messed up or unplayable five days into release, it's never even been close to this bad on the night of release. Pick another game and come back but don't pick one that's cool to hate because it's popular, you just look stupid making statements like this.

I didn't say they were as messed up as GTAO, I said they had initial launch problems. I remember playing COD4, and being unable to connect the first few days. Perhaps the issues weren't as bad in the US, it wasn't entirely smooth sailing here in Australia.

My initial point was majority of online games (or demanding online components) rarely launch perfectly -and take a little time to get things running smooth, that's all.