Having Trouble Actually Getting Dire AIDS

Didn't think this would be an issue - but here I am.

I tried for about two hours, battling snakes and wolves. I prolonged each battle to give them opportunities to bite me. They rarely do it, but when they do, I still never contracted the AIDS.

Did anyone else have problems with this?

Didn't think this would be an issue - but here I am.

I tried for about two hours, battling snakes and wolves. I prolonged each battle to give them opportunities to bite me. They rarely do it, but when they do, I still never contracted the AIDS.

Did anyone else have problems with this?

I got this in the first fight.......It is really easy to get......Also are you making sure not to block their attacks as blocking them will stop you from getting it......

On both of my playthroughs, I got Dire AIDS from the snake that you're forced to fight when you go to Banff for the first time. Maybe it's because both times, the snake got to attack first, and bit me and I failed at blocking.

Either way, snakes are more likely to give you it than wolves or bears, since snakes bite more often. And like the guy above me said, if you see a snake is going to bite you, don't block it.

On both of my playthroughs, I got Dire AIDS from the snake that you're forced to fight when you go to Banff for the first time. Maybe it's because both times, the snake got to attack first, and bit me and I failed at blocking.

Either way, snakes are more likely to give you it than wolves or bears, since snakes bite more often. And like the guy above me said, if you see a snake is going to bite you, don't block it.

I also caught it from a snake. I don't think you're forced to fight them though; you can get into Banff before they attack you if you're quick.

• 4 weeks later...