What phones you got today??

kurosagi_itachi

You might be right.:(

My Storm has a lot of flaws in it. RIM really needs to push forward with more firmware updates to address many of the issues that the phone has. Overall I'm happy with it, but I can't help to think I might be more satisfied with an iPhone. Either way, I still have love for Verizon...even though they still run on GSM.

You mean CDMA? :p

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motorola Razr V3i, pretty old school now but it works fine and does what I want it to, so I don't see any other reason to buy a new phone other than to update =]. If I did get a new phone I'd probs buy the iPhone when the price drops a bit...bit silly really considering I already have an iPod Touch.

I also have:

Nokia 3310 (hell yeah, what a phone that was...it had SNAKE!)

Some weird Sagem thing...first phone with a colour screen I think

Some Motorola phone that has lights in the speakers...it is actually a mothership to somewhere.

how so? i have found it to be a good peice of software, easy to use and navigate with a huge selection of apps. you know there is good stuff when i can use logmein on the go :p

I said it's being locked to the app store that I think is bad, not the app store itself.

The reason why I think it's bad is because you can't use any applications that are not Apple's, unless you jailbreak it of course.

Like I said in my previous post, it's good marketing because you are locked to their service and you are buying what they want you to buy, same thing with iTunes, if you hear a song or ringtone that a friend has and you want it, they can't send it to you via Bluetooth so there will be some people who will get it through iTunes if they want it so badly, but it's obviously easier to just download it on a computer then put it on the iPhone.

Also the lack of copy & paste and text forwarding functions is a big downfall in my eyes, you can do these things on nearly every phone these days. I'm baffled to why Apple have not included these functions on the device.

Don't think that I hate the iPhone, I think it's a brilliant and sexy piece of kit and Apple have done very well with it, I've had a go on one for like 5 minutes and I loved it, but the flaws what I mention above are what made me decide that it's not for me.

If the iPhone had Bluetooth, the abilty to run 3rd party software, copy & paste and text forwarding functions then I would have one.

I said it's being locked to the app store that I think is bad, not the app store itself.

The reason why I think it's bad is because you can't use any applications that are not Apple's, unless you jailbreak it of course.

Like I said in my previous post, it's good marketing because you are locked to their service and you are buying what they want you to buy, same thing with iTunes, if you hear a song or ringtone that a friend has and you want it, they can't send it to you via Bluetooth so there will be some people who will get it through iTunes if they want it so badly, but it's obviously easier to just download it on a computer then put it on the iPhone.

Also the lack of copy & paste and text forwarding functions is a big downfall in my eyes, you can do these things on nearly every phone these days. I'm baffled to why Apple have not included these functions on the device.

Don't think that I hate the iPhone, I think it's a brilliant and sexy piece of kit and Apple have done very well with it, I've had a go on one for like 5 minutes and I loved it, but the flaws what I mention above are what made me decide that it's not for me.

If the iPhone had Bluetooth, the abilty to run 3rd party software, copy & paste and text forwarding functions then I would have one.

Well said sir, I believe the iPhone does indeed have its flaws including lacking a basic C & P function. However, it is still in its early stages, 3G...maybe the 4G or 5G will include much better firmware and applications.

i got verizon, and currently have the samsung glyde. it is probably the WORST phone on the market. the thing sucks. touchscreen is terrible. it calls people in my pocket, and it ordered me 30 bucks of music from my pocket. i just got my 3rd one with a new software update so hopefully its better. if not im going to trade it in and demand a new phone, the voyager!

xICooRsYIx