Number One With a Bullet MP3!

Soooo... I was having a really hard time with this achievement (even though I like to think I'm decent at vocals) and just got fed up with it so I decided to make my own mp3 I can just play along side the song.

I used Moneytalks here, may or may not be the best song for this kinda thing but it works.

DL HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?zmhyizi5yyg (Thanks to IVIonday for resyncing)

All it is, is a mid converted to mp3 (to make it easier to use). Mp3 starts out on the first yell talky part. I found you have to sync it up a little bit sooner than you'd think. May take many tries before you get it right but I got the achievement with this exact mp3. So if you guys are desperate enough :p

Oh, and I used this on normal single player. Might be easier with the tug of war trick with less chance of very slight accidental strong phases. But most likely if it's off slightly for one phase it will be for another one later on.

Anyways, use it as you will and enjoy. :D

Edited by GuitarHiro

I tried using it a couple dozen times without success. It's true that you have to start the mp3 much earlier than you'd think. And it's a great idea, in that it ALMOST works perfectly. The problem for me appears to be that the speed of the mp3 is very slightly out of sync with the speed of the song in the game. I found that if I synced up the mp3 with the song, it would get a perfect through the first chorus and then start getting Okays and Weaks by the start of the second verse. I kept gradually starting the file earlier until it was so much earlier that it would miss the end of each phrase but it was okay because the dial had already filled up and kept the multiplier going. Even so, with that method I couldn't get past the second chorus, which is only halfway through the song. During that 1:30 I watched as it went from being so early it was missing the end of phrases, to being perfectly in sync, to coming in late and missing the beginning of phrases, to eventually not filling up the multiplier dial.

This is a really great idea, I just couldn't get it to work for me.

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. I ran this through audacity (to SEE when the notes begin making syncing easier). And I know exactly what you mean about it becoming slightly out of sync, I used audacity to stretch the song out slightly more than it originally was because of it. So maybe I got really lucky with my sync and it's the bare minimum.

If you need to, you can dl audacity for free and change the tempo very slightly to suit your needs as I did. But it worked for me so I figured it'd work for others :/ In any case, most of the work here is done so maybe someone else can "perfect" it.

I tried messing around with the mp3, but I'm no good with audacity.

I did figure out it's 18 seconds from the 1st cymbal tap when the note highway appears till the "YEAH" that needs to be played. Figured that'd be a common start point that everyone could easily hit play at, rather than guessing when to hit it.

Maybe that can help someone who's good with audio stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the upload! I was able to get the Achievement using this file using the Tug of War Trick. However, I did find the file was, like, milliseconds off at points, which is very little difference, but with the Rock Band 1 engine's picky Vocals, was enough to throw everything off! The way I did it was to (re-)synch the file while playing as the first player in Tug of War at these time markers.

0:08

0:24

1:06

1:53

2:32

3:04

Hope this helps other people get this pain in the ass Achievement! It took me at least a half hour or hour before I finally worked out this method, and then about five attempts to get it right. Good luck!

Great post, however like many other people already stated, it does get off at points.

I adjusted it to match up enough to get the achievement.

You can find my updated version of the mp3 here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmhyizi5yyg

This worked for me, all you gotta do sync it up correctly. (the mp3 starts out with the first "yeah" in the song, which is a talky part)

Edited by IVIonday

Great post, however like many other people already stated, it does get off at points.

This worked for me, all you gotta do sync it up correctly. (the mp3 starts out with the first "yeah" in the song, which is a talky part)

You're my new hero. Just got the achievo using the mp3 and the tug of war trick, signed in as player 1 worked.

Thanks!

Thank you very much for this, just got this to sync up on my 3rd or 4th go. Awesome!

I found you have to sync it up a little bit sooner than you'd think.

This is the key here...I had trouble syncing them up until I started it earlier. The midi track actually needs to be a split second ahead of the actual vocal track.

Other than the 4-5 times it took to get the timing down this works flawlessly. Excellent job and I could not have gotten it without your track.

• 1 month later...

I was randomly browsing my game list and decided to try the 100% expert singing achievement on this game that I've had haunting me for ages.

Tried one song legit but uhh.. it wasn't a great success with my singing skills :). Then I saw this thread and I was like "let's give it a try". After 3 tries I managed to sync it up with the mp3 and... achievement unlocked! thanks again!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...