Post-Patch Rooftop Rumble Boosting Method

BiggD

Alright, yes...I know there's already threads about this, but some people are overlooking this simple workaround to yesterday's exploit with Rooftop Rumble.

If you are a Rank 75 already and have Martin in your phonebook, use this method and forget the other methods shown here.

Simply follow these steps and you'll be able to re-do Rooftop Rumble over and over and over again without an issue. It takes 30-45 seconds to load up, but it's still worth it.

1. Call Martin and click "Request a Job"
  2. Wait 5 seconds and he will text you the Rooftop Rumble Job
  3. Accept the Job through your cellphone's Job List
  4. Set the difficulty to HARD and launch the Job
  5. Take cover on the hedges outside the garage
  6. Target your Grenade Launcher at the black sedan on the right to destroy the documents
  7. Kill 2-4 "professionals" and the mission will end

Now this is the trick:

• When you get to the "Vote on Next Job", don't click "Return to Free-Mode" or else when you go to call Martin again, he won't have the Job available right away
  • Instead, click :bbut: to return to a NEW free-roam session
  • Now call Martin again and he will 100% guarantee always give you the Job right away

Hope this helps. The reason I bothered posting this was because people claimed that when they went to call Martin a second time after returning to free-roam, he wouldn't have the Job available.

Using this method, he'll always give you the job right away. I've been doing this for the past hour and he hasn't slipped up yet.

Overall, this method may take 30-40 seconds longer to set up than the "Like + :rtbut:" method, but it's still good when compared to doing the Races!

Edited by BiggD

I did this all day on PS3, but voting free roam still allowed me to call him everytime.

EDIT: Ah, is this is you get more than one job from him or something?

Well, it seemed that when people were "Returning to Free-Mode" through the "Vote for Next Job" Menu, Martin would only give the mission once or twice before you would have to wait 5-10 minutes.

Clicking :bbut: to quit out to a new free roam session avoids that trouble.

Sweet now can anyone over the level 75 add me as I still haven't had the chance to grind this mission GT: LegendKillerDFA

Please don't use this thread for boosting levels. It's just a method to use...not a boosting thread.

I'm level 76 and been calling Martin many time for this mission. How do I get this mission show up?

If you haven't received the mission from him at 75, it'll take some in-game time to get the job for the first time. After that, just keep calling him using this method above.

Does this work with more than 1 player?

Yes, have the player who is Rank 75 follow this method and then they just invite whoever they want.

i'm sure i did what you say! but when i call martin sometimes give me RR mission and sometimes not!

Same here. :(

You're sure your quitting the lobby with :bbut: and not choosing the "Return to Free-Mode" option?

I did it that way for over an hour and Martin always had the job available.

I had the same problem. The first time i got rooftop rumble. I quit with b and then got mixed up with coke, waited 2 minutes and got the court one.

last night i was inviting and passing host. quitting before it starts so the mission stayed on my phone, then sending everyone an invite to the next lobby...and repeat. I earnt nothing but it was going really quickly.

yes im sure!!

I had the same problem. The first time i got rooftop rumble. I quit with b and then got mixed up with coke, waited 2 minutes and got the court one.

last night i was inviting and passing host. quitting before it starts so the mission stayed on my phone, then sending everyone an invite to the next lobby...and repeat. I earnt nothing but it was going really quickly.

Hmm, not sure what's going on then. Two friends of mine did it this way for an entire day and they told me that Martin always gave them Rooftop Rumble right away without delay.

All cool bro except one thing:

[*]Throw a grenade or sticky bomb at the black sedan on the right to destroy the documents

Don't do that, if you are LV75 already use the damn Grenade Launcher, waaaay faster. My record was 25 seconds, back then when I had to get to LV100! Destroy the car in the middle with the two guys and the one on the left next to the pillar, job done. :blunt

All cool bro except one thing:

Don't do that, if you are LV75 already use the damn Grenade Launcher, waaaay faster. My record was 25 seconds, back then when I had to get to LV100! Destroy the car in the middle with the two guys and the one on the left next to the pillar, job done. :blunt

True story, I will fix that ;)

He occasionally doesn't have a job available even when I follow this method. I'll just go do a race or something instead of backing out to singleplayer to reset the job status.

EDIT: Quitting to freemode with B no longer gets me a job. I always have to do a race between jobs. Annoying.

Edited by xhunterrrr

BigD, if you dont mind me asking what kind of freeroam are you doing this in? i.e. solo, crew/friends only, random freeroam. I only ask because even thought I was using the B button to exit it was putting me back in the same freeroam afterwards, maybe thats what was the hold up.

I will need to try this when I get home. I sware I was doing this and it wasn't giving it to me.

He occasionally doesn't have a job available even when I follow this method. I'll just go do a race or something instead of backing out to singleplayer to reset the job status.

EDIT: Quitting to freemode with B no longer gets me a job. I always have to do a race between jobs. Annoying.

I'm not sure why it's not working for some people. I thought it was fool-proff :( I did it for a good hour, my two friends for an entire day and it worked fine.

Apologies if this thread becomes misleading then.

Cant you just put that mission in a playlist 16 times and replay it that way? Or is it not available to be put in a playlist? I did Criminal Records x16 in a playlist to cut down on loading screens. I havent done this mission yet so I dont know much about it.

From what I've read you can't put mission on a playlist that you get via text from the mission givers. Only the missions you see on your GTA map can be put on a playlist.

Haven't used playlists at all so can't confirm it but that's just what I've read