Roadmap

Overview:

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10 [using infinite herb glitch]

- Offline: 12 [1000:gsicon:]

- Online: 0 [0:gsicon:]

- Approximate amount of time to 1000:gsicon:: 6-12 Hours [depending on # of playthroughs]

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 playthrough [2 recommended]

- Missable achievements: 3: Duty and Humanity, Weapon Crazy, From the Young Lady

- Does difficulty affect achievements: Yes [EASY mode only in JPN version though]

- Unobtainable/glitched achievements: No

- Extra equipment needed?: No

Welcome to the roadmap for Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD. Code Veronica (minus the "X") was released back in 2000 on the Dreamcast; and released as Code Veronica X on PS2 and Dreamcast in 2001 featuring an extra 9 minutes of cutscenes. The HD version was released for the Xbox 360 in 2011. In Japan it was released as full retail, everywhere else as digital download only. The Japanese version is slightly different, as in it has different ranks and an easy mode, but following this roadmap (and guide) will still get you the full 1000g.

There was a glitch in this game when it was first released back in 2000 to get an infinite item, and thankfully that glitch is still in this game. This enables you to have an infinite herb right from the start, which if you manage it correctly can get you through the whole game without dying pretty easily. The method can be found HERE (credit to all involved for bringing that to attention!).

You can possibly just do this game in one run, and try to get "Weapon Crazy" on your first time. This is for completing the game without dying, saving or retrying, although the game has pretty clunky controls which can be hard to get used to and it is quite easy to get lost. If you are trying for one run through, skip straight to Step 2, if not then lets begin...

Step 1 - First Playthrough

Okay, follow the steps above to get yourself an infinite herb to make this playthrough a lot less stressful. Take your time going through the game, and learn the controls so they become comfortable. There are two missable achievements to be aware of. When you first get control of Steve, make sure you run back into the room you came from and talk to Claire again to unlock "From The Young Lady". Make sure you take the meds back to Rodrigo for "Duty and Humanity". If you miss this one, don't worry as you will need to give him the meds when going for "Weapon Crazy". Remember to pick up the replica luger with Chris so you can unlock Steve's Battle Game. Once you finish the story you will have unlocked the other 8 story related achievements for 600:gsicon:.

For some great full walkthroughs, a text guide can be found HERE, or if you prefer a video guide, one can be found HERE. Full credit to the original posters.

Step 2 - No Death/No Retry/No Save/No First Aid Spray Speed run

Okay, now you are familiar with the game, it is time to go for "Weapon Crazy". You need to finish the game with an "A" rank for this. If you have skipped step one, then make sure you are aware of the missable achievements and the location of the replica luger with Chris. You will have time to get all of these and still finish in plenty of time. Your time goal is to complete the game in under 4 hours 30 minutes. If you take advantage of the infinite herb trick, you don't really need to worry about collecting too much stuff, just ensure you have some extra herbs to leave for Claire for the "The Green Giant" achievement section. Be careful not to use any first aid sprays, as this will void the achievement (will stop you getting an "A" rank). The only time you can save your game is after you arrive in Antarctica with Claire. This is the point in the original version where you needed to swap discs, so this is a "free" save and won't affect your ranking.

The only times you stand good chances of dying will be during the fight with Nosferatu as he can push you off the edge, when fighting Alexia with Chris, and when running from the "Green Giant". For the Nosferatu fight, just make sure you don't stand near the edge, and keep on using your infinite herb to stay alive; for the Alexia fight, make sure you have plenty of Magnum ammo and she will go down quickly; and for the Green Giant part, make sure you have enough health items so Claire doesn't die in the chase. These all happen after the free save point, so it won't take long to get back to them if something bad does happen.

The other two things that you will need to do to get the "A" rank, is to deliver the meds to Rodrigo and to rescue Steve from the Luger room "quickly". Just dash back to the room and solve the puzzle as fast as you can and you should be okay.

All being well, you will complete the game without saving, dying, retrying using first aid sprays within 4.5 hours to unlock "Weapon Crazy". Use the guides in Step 1 to help you, the text guide has an "A" guide in it (separate to the regular one), and the video guide is done well within the time frame.

Step 3 - Battle Game

For your final achievement, "Battle Master", you will need to complete every character's Battle Game mode with an "A" rank. If you picked up the replica Lugers with Chris in the story, you will start with Claire, Chris and Steve. You will unlock Claire's alternative outfit by finishing Claire's battle game with any rank, and unlock Wesker's by finishing Chris' with an "A" rank. The only thing that effects your rank is the speed at which you finish. Each character has different (unlimited ammo) weapons to use, and has different final bosses and time limits. More info and help for these can be found HERE. It may take a few runs to get your rank with each character, but once you learn the rooms and locations of the enemies, they are not too hard.

Conclusion

Resident Evil fans will appreciate this game exactly how it is, but for others it definitely takes some time to get used to it; especially the controls. Using the infinite herb glitch makes what would be quite a tough completion a fairly easy one. Whether you do two playthroughs or are brave and try to do it in one, it is still a pretty quick and painless 1000:gsicon:.

Edited by troy0891

I'd be fine doing the run if it allowed pausing but nope ;>_> unfortunately it's not one of those games you can run in an hour...normally (though it's possible for super-speed runners I guess). Something like say LIMBO, which you run through it enough times you can complete it pretty quickly...this one is a lot of backtracking and remembering where to go to save time.

I have to go back and do this .__.; sadly, it and Revelations are the only RE games (that includes PC ports) that aren't completed on my tag. ME, TV...having not completed this ._. oyeee...

It really isn't too bad. I'm in no way "good" at Resident Evil games. I played the original two games on the Playstation and am part way through 5 on the 360.

You can get half way in two hours, and as you can save you can turn off or do whatever. My total time was a touch over 4 hours in the end, but I had to reload the save once as I died in a random place when I got bumrushed by standard zombies and had less health than I thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!

This Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member THE DEADLY DOG and has been published as the Official x360a.org Roadmap! The link to the Official Roadmap is here:

Official x360a.org Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 1 month later...