Drinking Game Done

RyanStimo

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've managed to do get this achievement in the past hour. I'd been going around searching for my last 3 songs (they are the 3 that need to be hacked) and got fed up so went back to that torture.

Like most other people my bother came from the analogues, but unlike other people I didn't have any trouble with the inverted controls or Pawnee Level 6. My hassle came from the very last bit of Level 10 in The Loop where the circles for left and right were opposite, I just couldn't get to grips with that and got lucky... then jumped out of my chair as it was my last one for the achievement.

It really is a troublesome achievement though and I can see why people are a little upset especially given that it's an achievement for a sideline task. It takes a lot of time, it doesn't seem to be have been constructed well in terms of lack of checkpoints, being dumped somewhere when you fail etc, and is out of sync with the rest of the games difficulty which is pretty straight forward.

I couldn't care less if the game is patched or not to make it easier. I'm not part of some elite club just because I've managed it. I'm probably worse off because I got annoyed and raised my blood pressure and now have a slightly increased risk of heart disease as a result.

I just have that OCD that gamers have of completionism. We all do it in different ways and all value our accomplishments differently. I don't value myself any higher than somebody else who may get it via easier means. Anybody who doesn't have it probably has a few more grey hairs than they did before they started playing the game. And for that, they have my sympathy.

DONE! All of them I was able to get first try except 3 of them with a smaller TV. Wards 7 took 2 tries. Pawnee 6 took 5 tries and Pawnee 10 took 2 tries. I can't stress enough how much better a small TV makes things! It still needs fixed, but it can be done with little stress if you are not on a 40+" TV.

I started working on this last night and find it to be one of the most annoying achievements I've ever experienced. It's not so much the difficulty but the time required for this. Each level has 6-8 'rounds' and if you fail round 7 or 8 you have to start over from the beginning of the level. Not only that but when you fail you wake up in a field 3 blocks away with your screen all blurry and have to run back to the bar. Difficulty is one thing, that's why all achievements are not created equal but with the hours I work I just can't stand the unnecessary waste of time between fails and replaying rounds that you've completed a half dozen times already. As much as I don't like to, I may just settle for 985/1000.

Finished drinking game for a 2nd time on another account and noticed that after the update, there are more levels past 10. I always thought level 10 was the highest. Could social lubricant 2.0 be next on next game or DLC?

I always noticed there was more than 10 leels ages ago. When i first did the 10 at the bottom of the map I did a couple more before realising i didnt need to do them so I think they have been there since release

Might be some good news

a forum manager says they are looking into altering the drinking game

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/894447-Lower-drinking-game-difficulty-immediately-!!!?

will have to mod my last 2 trophies because of this i would advise lowering the AI difficulty or i will file an injunction with DC district court to force you to patch it !!!

Some people are just so, so, SO stupid.

The drinking game proves to be a real test for a player's hand-eye coordination. Tough, yes, but still not insanely hard. On Trueachievements there are LOTS of people who manage to do it.

However, that doesn't mean Ubisoft didn't make a mistake of making a mini game too difficult.

Totally found the key to this, I saw someone suggested to switch to a smaller screen if u are using a large tv and it totally works! I play on a 64" led normally so I used my 27" PC monitor and I passed everything almost on the first try. This made lvl 6 in Pawnee a cake walk, I was shocked to see that it really works and the size of the screen made it easier. Give it a go and see if it helps you like it did me, now to finish up the rest of the story and get the tailed achievement and bingo done til DLC

This is absolute bullsit, wasted about 2 hours on these really fun little drinking games its the only ach left to get but to be honest for 15G they can suck my balls i aint wasting 1 more minute on this shite i have better things to do with my time. Whoever at ubisoft thought thirty levels of horribly annoying drinking games would be fun should be fired imo.

I am playing on 50" LED TV but cant see a smaller tv of which i dont have anyway making this doable.

Edited by Suki

Totally found the key to this, I saw someone suggested to switch to a smaller screen if u are using a large tv and it totally works! I play on a 64" led normally so I used my 27" PC monitor and I passed everything almost on the first try. This made lvl 6 in Pawnee a cake walk, I was shocked to see that it really works and the size of the screen made it easier. Give it a go and see if it helps you like it did me, now to finish up the rest of the story and get the tailed achievement and bingo done til DLC

I'm not buying an extra monitor/tv for an achievement. The closest I can come is snapping something to make the game screen maybe 10% smaller (if that)

That's a bit on the extreme side to get an achievement. The drinking game is not that hard. If anything, just have someone else use the other thumb stick to help you. You shouldn't need to buy another TV just for that.

Its not impossible to do solo as i was able to. Don't worry about the inverted control ones because it is only for 2 rounds and they only give it to you one stick at a time (thank god), The most difficult ones in my opinion are when you have to keep both sticks in the same circle, but if you stick with it, you can even get that.

It is definitely one of the harder achievements that I worked on in quite some time but I really like watch dogs and want that 100%. Only the online stuff to go now and songsneak.

This is what ubisoft support had to say after i sent an email to the support team:

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft support.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the difficulty regarding the drinking mini-game. We will make sure to forward your feedback to the development team so they can review it and determine the best course of action for the mini-game.