Free in July for Xbox One Games With Gold

Was going to buy this game anyway. Nice to see I don't have to now? Disappointed that Max is staying a 2nd month. What is up with that? Was hoping for Crimson Dragon, was wanting to do those challenges to unlock the extra dragons. Maybe it will go on discount again?

Do we lose access to these games once the month they are free in are over? If that is the case then maybe that is why they are leaving Max free for a 2nd month. Not entirely sure though.

Do we lose access to these games once the month they are free in are over? If that is the case then maybe that is why they are leaving Max free for a 2nd month. Not entirely sure though.

Pretty sure that as long as your account is Gold, you will always have access to the GwG once downloaded to your profile. :)

Pretty sure that as long as your account is Gold, you will always have access to the GwG once downloaded to your profile. :)

That is how I thought it was supposed to work. Guess I will find in a couple of days (cuz my friend never purchased Halo: Spartan Assault, so if he loses it...). So say we lost gold for a day and got it back, the games would be playable again?

You only need to keep Gold to continue playing XB1 GWG games. On x360, you do not.

If you lose Gold then get it back, you will be able to play the game again.

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. I have been seeing people state different things, but this is what I thought it was. I never plan on not having Gold, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Well apparently games with gold for Xbox one will only give one game a month. I think they just did two games to kick it off. Everyone said when they announced the program for xbox one the fine print only said one game a month. Then again some people are saying one game a month only if the game is brand new.

Well this is a nice surprise, I was going to buy it anyways but I'll gladly download it for free.

It also seems like they're doing what Sony did for the first couple of months of IGC for PS4. Have a single game remain constant in the collection while swapping out the other one so that new owners have a bit more on their plate.

Yeah the fine print says only one new game per month on Xbox One. But I think the games will be free for two months (seeing how Max will still be free for July). So two free Xbox games per month: a new one, and the previous month's.

A little upset, but mostly because I expected two new games. My fault for not reading the fine print (or their fault for not making it more obvious :p). So, Guacamelee huh? I'd have preferred a retail game, but it's hard to complain about it being free. Plus it looks interesting and lots of people seem to excited for it. I'll give it a shot.

Two more arcade games for Xbox 360. Imposters looks interesting, I'll just have to play it a lot at the beginning while there is still a online community. Don't know much about Battleblock Theatre.

The reason we only get "one" game a month for the One is simple.There simply isn't a big enough catalog of games for the program to support 2 games a month... seriously, we'd run out of games in a year :p.

If I want a game, I'll buy it.GwG is nothing more than a cool bonus to me. 3 free One games so far (July) is pretty sweet.

The reason we only get "one" game a month for the One is simple.There simply isn't a big enough catalog of games for the program to support 2 games a month... seriously, we'd run out of games in a year :p.

Why do people keep saying this? There were six games released THIS WEEK. That's three months worth of games right there (if they did two... now it looks like it will be six months' worth). And there were already 50 games available before that.

It's awesome that we are getting a new game, and it'll be free right off the bat. Can't complain, even if Guacamelee (regular edition) is available on Steam for next to nothing.

Should be fun, and I can get accustom to this.

It's a shame that there's only 1 game though. Thought they might keep Max free until July 15, and then swap it out for something else, so that basically, there are always 2 games actively free and available, and they remain on there a whole month, but there is still a "new" game every two weeks.

Why do people keep saying this? There were six games released THIS WEEK. That's three months worth of games right there (if they did two... now it looks like it will be six months' worth). And there were already 50 games available before that.

Yeah, not sure why people say that either. Using JUST launch titles could get us through the entire year. There are a ton of games actively coming out, as stated, 5-6 games this week alone.

There are a HUGE list of games that are to come out this year, so the "2 per month" formula would easily be maintainable:

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/wiki/games#wiki_upcoming_games

Factor in that some devs may be willing to do this in the future as "free promotion" by releasing an older game to "hype" a new game, I don;t see why 2 games/month isn't possible. I feel like offering Forza Horizon in August/September could create a lot of excitement for FH2. Also, ID@Xbox game devs would probably be willing to offer their games at a much lower price than some AAA publishers.

That's the game's trailer. :p

The 360 version is $14.99

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Guacamelee-STCE/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411446?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

It has 1000G for some reason though. Not sure if this will be a new thing or if they just screwed up and copied the Xbox One values.

That's the game's trailer. :p

The 360 version is $14.99

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Guacamelee-STCE/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411446?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

It has 1000G for some reason though. Not sure if this will be a new thing or if they just screwed up and copied the Xbox One values.

it's early here ;)