Hard Mode unlock?

Someone on truetrophies claims it can be done by entering the Konami Code:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/guacamelee-super-turbo-championship-edition/239015-hard-playthrough-unlock.html#post4564112

They don't say when to enter the code or what feedback you receive for the code to work. As I said on that thread, I've tried at the start screen, at the pause menu, and during gameplay, and none of them seemed to work.

Also, he lists the Konami code as :dup: :dup: :ddown: :ddown: :dleft: :dright: :dleft: :dright: :square: :triangle: :touchpad:, the :square: :triangle: and :touchpad: buttons on the PS correspond to the :xbut: :ybut: :start: buttons on the Xbox. I have tried that code as well as the correct version of the Konami code, which would be :dup: :dup: :ddown: :ddown: :dleft: :dright: :dleft: :dright: :bbut: :abut: :start:

I just got a reply back from DrinkBox Studios, so here is how you do it:

up up down down left right left right Y Y View (the 'select' button )

If successful, the background should turn blue and then when you select a save slot it will let you choose the difficulty level.

Tried this like 5 times each on the menu before pressing start and after, can't get it to do anything :(