Why does the Locust Queen look so human? Possibly Spoilers

Magnus058

So I just watched the scene with the locust queen again, and I was wondering why does she look so human in comparison to the rest of the locusts? Unlike her.... Spawn?... she has very well defined features and very clear, elegant human speech. Or maybe think of the flip, why are all of the locusts unintelligible save a few comments ('Humannnssss' from the first game comes to mind) and do they hardly resemble the queen's human features?

I'm thinking there's going to be some connection between the locusts and Serans with imulsion being the key. I know I brought up the whole "The Humans created them!" plot in the theories thread, but I will be utterly disappointed if that happens. But really, what do you guys think about the jump between humans & the queen, and the queen & her locusts?

On a side note, can anyone tell me why they are called Locusts? Is there some intense meaning to it, or is that what they call themselves, or what?

Edited by Magnus058

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said in the thread I started about the reason for the war, I think that Marcus' father was in some way working with the locusts and that was why he had so much info on their tunnel system, and why he was on the computers... though I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it is Marcus' mother... I mean... his father couldn't have been that desperate. The queen was most likely a friend/aquaintance of his father's as she speaks like she knows him personally. I don't know for sure... maybe a Locust drone raped a human female and she's like a hybrid. I doubt it would've been a human male banging a berserker... but it probably gets real lonely out there. Who knows until the next one?

Honestly, I hate the idea that she is marcus's mother, it makes me want to weep tears of pity for an awful storyline. Even if she was, why does Marcus look absolutely nothing like the locusts then? He *should* be like the sires if he was half human-half locust, a horrible mutant thing...

If she is part human, how, why? Maybe she's someone sister? Did Adam ever have a sibling? Also, not much has been explained about Dom's family? What happened to them? Maybe it's a relative of his?

Marcus' Mother, possibly?

Totally agree. i saw on a site (wiki I think) that Adam Fenix and his wife were scientist, and that she "disapeared" after a failed experiment.

IMO, she didn't disapeared at all. She became the Queen, and the other Locusts her siblings because they were created by the same failed experiment. That would explain the very akward speech beetween her and Marcus when they meet.

Again, this has been brought up on many-a'-thread. While I don't own it, the general consensus seems to be that the prequel book basically says "She died." somewhere.

Also, it has been noted how cold she reacts to Marcus. If you and your mother got in a fight, and you didnt see your mom for 15 years, then you suddenly saw her again, say, at the mall, would there not be a glimpse of joy in her features? The answer is yes, there would be. The Queen shows no hint of emotion when she meets Marcus. Also, she says "You are the first humans to desecrate this palace.", not "My son, you have made it to my home." I honestly see no reason to believe that Marcus's mother is, in fact, the queen.

No no no, you have it all wrong. She's just a stand-in like what happened in Star Wars Episode 1. She's actually just a robot and the REAL queen will be revealed in a limited edition graphic novel taking place in between Gears of War 2 and 3 that most people paying sixty dollars for Gears of War 3 won't know about and will therefore be confused as to what is going on.

Also, it has been noted how cold she reacts to Marcus. If you and your mother got in a fight, and you didnt see your mom for 15 years, then you suddenly saw her again, say, at the mall, would there not be a glimpse of joy in her features? The answer is yes, there would be. The Queen shows no hint of emotion when she meets Marcus. Also, she says "You are the first humans to desecrate this palace.", not "My son, you have made it to my home." I honestly see no reason to believe that Marcus's mother is, in fact, the queen.

True, unless the imulsion that may have had a part in the failed experiment is "in control" of her. This may explain also why she refers to Marcus as his his father's son, and doesn't take ownership of him. I hope I am wrong, as I wouldn't like to see the queen turn out to be his mother.

I didn't even think that the sires could've been humans who were put through imulsion experiments, I only thought they were locust who had been tested on... but if they used to be humans, that sounds better and makes more sense. It still doesn't explain where the imulsion came from or what it is. There is no way it was just underground the whole time when it has effects like that.

Edit: The imulsion definitely changes whatever it comes into contact with, i.e. locusts fighting themselves/ the glowing/ the brumak.

Diagree with Queen is Mum. Seems ridiculous. The Loctus have been underground for a very long time. I somehow doubt they could be organized for so long without this so-called Queen. Plus you think she'd mention something when she met Marcus.

I think they simply know about Fenix because they found his work.

Ok, well the title really isn't that big of a deal. It's not like I said that she ate someone whole and did something horrible to Any.... uhh..... yeah. There's a queen, whoopdy doo.

Yeah I read all the collectibles this morning, and I saw the one about the scientist mutating and growing freaking nails/losing hair. Was she turning into a sire or something more? Or are those possibly symptoms of rustlung that we don't know about?

i tend to believe she is somehow connected to marcus and his father, whether or not she is his mother i am not sure, marcus did make a painful expression when she first spoke and mentioned his fathers name.

also i have a sneaking feeling that the "locusts" may have been created by humans as a weapon experiment long ago and they were banished underground, forgotten about and then they reemerged....

just a hunch on my part....

Ok, well the title really isn't that big of a deal. It's not like I said that she ate someone whole and did something horrible to Any.... uhh..... yeah. There's a queen, whoopdy doo.

Yeah I read all the collectibles this morning, and I saw the one about the scientist mutating and growing freaking nails/losing hair. Was she turning into a sire or something more? Or are those possibly symptoms of rustlung that we don't know about?

It was a little girl who lost all her and grew long nails, she then mutated to what we know as a wretch..