Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

iBuzz7S

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhh right, thought you were talking about them ruining Galactus in Annihilation. :p

Nope. I'm a-ok with a huge purple dude walking around in space, eating people's planets. Giant-fiery-space-clouds, not so much ;)

Though with talks of a F4 reboot, I think I'd be ok with them reattempting Galactus. I'd prefer a Future Foundation setup though (I think Fox owns them and Spider-man still? I have no idea anymore....) They could use that to introduce Annihilus.

Edited by Shiftie

Did you read that he prefers Scott Lang, or are you just assuming that? I assumed they just changed Ultron's origin story.. I guess we don't need another genius on the Avengers, but I like Hank :(

Yea, rumors has it that in the movie universe, Tony Stark will be the one who creates Ultron. Given how much of a genius Tony is, as well as the absence of Ant Man before the Avengers 2 movie comes out, it makes logical sense. That being said though, if this rumor is true, I feel like they should have done a better job of foreshadowing it. Like have Tony build the designs for Ultron in Iron Man 3 or something.

So where has thanos gone then I thought he would be in the next movie

It seems like Thanos will be the center focus for Marvel's "Phase 3" movies, which includes Ant Man, and may include Marvel's lesser known heroes like Dr. Strange and the Black Panther (as well as Captain America 3 and Thor 3).

Either way, I do agree with some people here who say that Thanos is just too powerful a villain for the current Avengers to tackle for a second Avengers movie, so it makes more sense for them to tackle a less powerful villain like Ultron while saving Thanos for Avengers 3.

Yea, rumors has it that in the movie universe, Tony Stark will be the one who creates Ultron. Given how much of a genius Tony is, as well as the absence of Ant Man before the Avengers 2 movie comes out, it makes logical sense. That being said though, if this rumor is true, I feel like they should have done a better job of foreshadowing it. Like have Tony build the designs for Ultron in Iron Man 3 or something.

Yea I've heard the same.. maybe Ant Man (Pym) will cameo in Avengers 2 and work on Ultron with Tony to segway into his own film which comes out a couple months later. I really prefer Pym as a character (I think I said that already), plus it might mean Wasp joins at some point (probably said that too)

It seems like Thanos will be the center focus for Marvel's "Phase 3" movies, which includes Ant Man, and may include Marvel's lesser known heroes like Dr. Strange and the Black Panther (as well as Captain America 3 and Thor 3).

Either way, I do agree with some people here who say that Thanos is just too powerful a villain for the current Avengers to tackle for a second Avengers movie, so it makes more sense for them to tackle a less powerful villain like Ultron while saving Thanos for Avengers 3.

I'm really hoping for a Dr. Strange movie :p I know Stan Lee is too, so maybe that will help push it along a bit.. other than that, they need more people in general. More X-men could mean a whole X-Men/Avengers crossover which would be epic. Get like 30 heroes in one movie haha..

I'm really hoping for a Dr. Strange movie :p I know Stan Lee is too, so maybe that will help push it along a bit.. other than that, they need more people in general. More X-men could mean a whole X-Men/Avengers crossover which would be epic. Get like 30 heroes in one movie haha..

Hell yeah! I know this will probably never happen, but I'd love to see a live-action version of the (relatively) recent comic arc, Avengers vs. X-men:

http://sciencefiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/avengers_vs_xmen.jpg

But why? Captain America was a total chode the entire time and nobody was acting like themselves.

You could say the same about the Civil War story arc a few years back as well, but I still found both to be entertaining because it was hero vs. hero, and they gave pretty good reasons in both to explain why they were fighting each other (even if some of the characters did act out of place).

I'd just like to see the Magneto vs Iron Man fight and Red Hulk vs Colossus fight again in live action cause they were fun to read in the comics.

That's basically Wolverine vs Magneto. Wolverine should never win.

Well in the AvX storyline, Iron Man actually beats Magneto during their fight. Not going to spoil how he does it, but the Avengers held off pretty well against the X-men, even against some of the more powerful mutants. But that's before the X-men acquire the phoenix force...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have thoughts on Vin Diesel's role in the Marvel Universe? It sounds like he might be cast for Thanos, but it's not confirmed atm. Doing the voice for either Thanos or Groot would be cool (unique voice), and I could see him as Luke Cage (ya, he isn't black).

This is all he's said so far about what he'll be doing, and it also points toward Thanos (or Ben Grimm/The Thing? loving a big rock guy is different):

I could tell you that Marvel was excited about bringing a different kind of relationship or love story, I guess kind of inspired from the Dom-Letty relationship (from Fast & The Furious), into the Marvel universe.

Seems the internet thinks he might be Dr. Strange or Namor as well, but Dr. Strange is SO not Diesel (and would actually make me angry), and he's way too big for Namor. The Vision also seems to be a possible choice, and the most likely of the three (and apparently he knows a lot about The Vision [see]).

So.. I guess the likelihood scale would be Thanos > The Vision > Groot= The Thing = Luke Cage > Namor > Dr. Strange

edit: After sleeping on it I've concluded that Vision may be the most likely, with a relationship between him and Scarlet Witch.

Edited by Shiftie

Anyone have thoughts on Vin Diesel's role in the Marvel Universe? It sounds like he might be cast for Thanos, but it's not confirmed atm. Doing the voice for either Thanos or Groot would be cool (unique voice), and I could see him as Luke Cage (ya, he isn't black).

This is all he's said so far about what he'll be doing, and it also points toward Thanos (or Ben Grimm/The Thing? loving a big rock guy is different):

Seems the internet thinks he might be Dr. Strange or Namor as well, but Dr. Strange is SO not Diesel (and would actually make me angry), and he's way too big for Namor. The Vision also seems to be a possible choice, and the most likely of the three (and apparently he knows a lot about The Vision [see]).

So.. I guess the likelihood scale would be Thanos > The Vision > Groot= The Thing = Luke Cage > Namor > Dr. Strange

edit: After sleeping on it I've concluded that Vision may be the most likely, with a relationship between him and Scarlet Witch.

Everyone's thought he'd be Groot since like forever, where are you getting all these other characters from!? :p

• 7 months later...

From ABC Special ‘Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe,’ a one-hour special on Marvel Studios:

Tony Stark’s (Robert Downey Jr.‘s) Hulkbuster Iron Man suit VS. Hulk (Mark Ruffalo)

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/gzrcdkc570d8wllj3gjp.gif

Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen)

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/cfpdohf6jwwfupjfzz6g.gif

Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson)

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/gezsxuz5teyaufwlq2rw.gif

Doesn't Fox own the rights to the X-Men license? How were they able to bring in 2 mutants from that universe (Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch) into Avengers 2 if that's the case?

This chart should help explain Who Owns What

http://legendarium.mymiddleearth.com/files/2014/02/marvel-rights-1111x889-600x480.jpg

Regardless of who owned the rights, Quicksliver and Scarlet Witch weren't X-Men. They were lightly part of the Brotherhood but the license in question is the X-Men Rights - Not all Mutants. Both the Twins have actually been Avengers so they have a loophole in dual-rights. The most notable instance is The House of M.

Right now, it's whatever's in that chart up there. If the X-Men franchise wasn't using Wolverine as their flagship character (main star of the series), he would probably be a free agent so-to-speak since he has done many solo works and was an Avenger as well.

Certain villains would be able to cross over since the Avengers tackle the major players.

The Quicksilver (not sure if Scarlet Witch is in it) in Days of Future Past is a different actor and looks horrible! I'm rather surprised he looks like something out of Jet Set Radio while the concept art for Avengers 2 makes him look more like a Bryan Singer design - Very simple but accurate.