I applaud Microsoft on this one. 1-0 to you guys.

Coxy x360a

I'm not sure if I'm the only one to realise but this game is a genius way that Microsoft are earning money. Taking into account how much these free iPhone games make because people buy them and then spent real money to get in-game cash or bonuses, Microsoft have simply adapted this idea to their console.

By making this simple yet addicting game free, and then advertising it to all Xbox players through the front page as a free game to play, they are getting high quantities of downloads. People then go on to play the game and enjoy it, but understand that you get a bit of an unfair advantage if you spent Microsoft Points to buy packs of items that are pretty overpowered.

But, if you think like me, I spent around 1200msp to get some decent equipment, because that's the price I would of put on this game in the first place. Now I'm sure more people have spent more msp on equipment for this game, due to the large amount of players, than people would have spent just buying the game in the first place if it had a price to it.

That's just what I think anyway. Either way, they're racking in the cash (not like they need to but they are!).

I totally agree. This game has a lot going for it, from its addicting gameplay, charming visuals and a very deep customization system, I'm tempted into buying the in -game items it provides. I'm glad it is free, because I was running out of cash to spend and games to play. Great job Toylogic/Microsoft.

I totally agree. This game has a lot going for it, from its addicting gameplay, charming visuals and a very deep customization system, I'm tempted into buying the in -game items it provides. I'm glad it is free, because I was running out of cash to spend and games to play. Great job Toylogic/Microsoft.

This is very true. I can also see them releasing cheap DLC (maybe a couple of extra story levels, maybe a few new items thrown in a possibly a different game mode (I can imagine some sort of defending wave firefight type mode)).

I think the idea came more from PC games than phones but nonetheless they did an outstanding job on this game

I agree, PC games infact started this genius way to game a while ago. This is the way of the future for some games, not all but some.

Take PC MMO games for instance, You can download a plethora or MMO style games that are free to play, Lets say.. Runes of Magic for instance.

Now if you are a casual gamer, Runes of Magic would be fun to play on its own with what you are given and can acquire for free. But for someone like me who came from a hardcore raiding background in Everquest 2, You would spend money on getting items to make your character as good as possible because that is just in my nature, to have the best, to be the best.

This style of F2P can be traced all the way back to 1996 and alittle farther with the release of Furcadia.

Edited by XBM Yosho

I definitely agree. I've spent 1200MP so far. I feel that is how much I would've purchased this for, seeing as I've paid that much for titles not even half as good. I like that all achievements are obtainable without spending any real money so it is 100% optional.

My only discrepency with this game is that I do wish when you get a junk item, or a duplicate of any sort, you could sell it back to the system in exchange for a few happy stars. Stupid complaint perhaps... but well worth every penny this game is able to make.

I definitely agree. I've spent 1200MP so far. I feel that is how much I would've purchased this for, seeing as I've paid that much for titles not even half as good. I like that all achievements are obtainable without spending any real money so it is 100% optional.

My only discrepency with this game is that I do wish when you get a junk item, or a duplicate of any sort, you could sell it back to the system in exchange for a few happy stars. Stupid complaint perhaps... but well worth every penny this game is able to make.

I feel your pain but if you want to upgrade a few premium items you are going to need a lot of junk item for materials!

I have a premium wand at level 6 I think and it takes 900 materials but you can only add like 5 items (which start at 100 materials) so you will eventually have to level up junk item just to spend them on a good item! :o

I feel your pain but if you want to upgrade a few premium items you are going to need a lot of junk item for materials!

I have a premium wand at level 6 I think and it takes 900 materials but you can only add like 5 items (which start at 100 materials) so you will eventually have to level up junk item just to spend them on a good item! :o

That's a great idea. I've got my sword to lvl 8 now and am struggling to reach the 1500ish material points its asking for, and was thinking I may have to sacrifice my best equipment for the achievement, but now you've said about leveling up junk.. I'm saved :D

So thank you!

Is this a pay to win game or are the microtransactions for other things that don't alter the game?

I would say microtransactions since there are things that don't alter the game like hairstyles and stuff. There are weapons and armor you can buy too, but I wouldn't consider it pay to win since you can definitely do very well in the game without having to buy anything.

I would say microtransactions since there are things that don't alter the game like hairstyles and stuff. There are weapons and armor you can buy too, but I wouldn't consider it pay to win since you can definitely do very well in the game without having to buy anything.

These words exactly. No achievement is really directly affected by purchasing items, but it gives you an edge (not all the time) over other people.

Thanks for the reply. Was not expecting to enjoy this game but its pretty great! :D

Same here. I've already put over 40 hours into the game.

40 hours?! Oh wow! O_O So far it says I'm at 19 hours, but my play times don't up to that; they add up to almost 16 o.o

Geesh what level are you?

I've got to lvl 20 in around 8 hours.

I don't really understand the ranking system from 30 upwards to be honest though!

I don't really get the ranking system either. I'm currently 31 and now it says I get or lose league points in matches. I'm not exactly sure what they do though other than count toward some different leaderboard.

Geesh what level are you?

I've got to lvl 20 in around 8 hours.

I don't really understand the ranking system from 30 upwards to be honest though!

21. I just got the 10 hour challenge yesterday. The 40 hours is including the Beta and loading screens and such, according to Raptr anyway. The time they give you in-game is only indicative of how much time you've spent in an actual quick-play or co-op match. Campaign doesn't count.

21. I just got the 10 hour challenge yesterday. The 40 hours is including the Beta and loading screens and such, according to Raptr anyway. The time they give you in-game is only indicative of how much time you've spent in an actual quick-play or co-op match. Campaign doesn't count.

I bet most of that time is waiting to connect with other players....

Don't get me wrong, but I hope they fix it soon, I enjoy the game and may put some money towards it, but until they fix the long wait time, I def won't be doing that.

FUN :)