Thoughts/Opinions

tunaleg

I would give it a 2/5 or 5/10.

What is it now!? A 2/5 which means a Porsche or a 5/10 which indicates a Lamborghini!?

Edit: Fucking suspicious cars bomb disposal SUCKS ASS. Fucking navigation through the fucking town. How I'm suppose to get rid of a car if everything is blocked to the ocean. ANNOYING!!!

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

I got the game cheap and enjoyed it a lot, so I figured I would buy the dlc to support the makers. It was really short and there was pretty much zero depth to the main story line missions. The side missions took 1-5 minutes each (only because the catch pickpocket missions make you run too damn much). There were also 4 favors the were just as easy. Overall, I enjoyed the Nightmare dlc more.

Edit: Fucking suspicious cars bomb disposal SUCKS ASS. Fucking navigation through the fucking town. How I'm suppose to get rid of a car if everything is blocked to the ocean. ANNOYING!!!

Seriously! This is annoying the hell out of me because for some stupid reason, they neglected to include line navigation with this DLC. You have to bring up the map every 5 seconds to navigate your way around, which is really fucking annoying when you have to rush. How did they manage to break a feature that worked fine during the main campaign??

Also,

~ The only grapple move you can perform is the taser. I'm a friggin kung fu master.....do you mind if I show these thugs something besides an electric shock? I miss breaking bones.

~ Standalone DLC means once again you don't get to use jack shit from your main save. You get a cop car, a bike and one outfit. Yipee. All of those cars and outfits we bought are collecting dust.....again.

~ WAY too many 'chase this guy until he catches up to his friends' missions/side missions/favors.

~ What is the purpose of collecting the evidence bags, besides the achievement?? Shits and giggles?

~The side missions and favors are really stupid and unrealistic. What kind of cop delivers shakedown money to a vendor for some random idiot on the street? Even the vendor mocks you for it. (which is kind of funny, but it should have made the devs think...."Hmm, this is kinda stupid".

Seriously! This is annoying the hell out of me because for some stupid reason, they neglected to include line navigation with this DLC. You have to bring up the map every 5 seconds to navigate your way around, which is really fucking annoying when you have to rush. How did they manage to break a feature that worked fine during the main campaign??

Yeah man. What I did was getting a car, drove to the other car that I need to get rid of and checked the best route and way to the ocean and any open passage. Once I memorized the path, I jumped into the suspicious vehicle and yeah job done.

Only good thing and what I really enjoyed in this dumb ass DLC was Wei Shen's cursing and everytime he blew himself up. Body parts all over the place haha!

Wow. Im a little surprised people hating on the dlc's. minus the black screen issue. I really liked nightmare. Thought it was hilarious! And this dlc is fun! Maybe im a little bias because this is one of my favorite games. Sorry some of you are disappointed. But at least it was only 560.

Wow. Im a little surprised people hating on the dlc's. minus the black screen issue. I really liked nightmare. Thought it was hilarious! And this dlc is fun! Maybe im a little bias because this is one of my favorite games. Sorry some of you are disappointed. But at least it was only 560.

I agree with you. I didn't see what was that bad about it. To me, it was WAY better then Nightmare in North Point. That shit was just retarded.

Now that I think about it, I hated the car bomb missions too lol. I think the DLC took me an extra hour to complete due to the fact that I failed on those missions like 5+ times!

~ WAY too many 'chase this guy until he catches up to his friends' missions/side missions/favors.

~ What is the purpose of collecting the evidence bags, besides the achievement?? Shits and giggles?

Lol, it seems some collectibles in games nowadays don't make any sense. The evidence bags were really stupid. And the side jobs were lame, you should be able to take out the target before he reaches his gang.

• 2 months later...
DLC was fun, can't complain much for 560 points. It was kinda short and completed easily, but I enjoyed it more than Dead Spaces 3's Awakened.

Are you crazy ????Awakened its more fun enjoyable and you can play with a friend in coop.Sleeping Dogs DLC it's just correct not much.

People who not sure to grab this ,Wait for a special 50% sale like me ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Both DLC's were pretty mediocre. I did like it slightly more than "Nightmare in North Point" though. Both were VERY short, but made to feel slightly longer due to the grinding of kills in "Nightmare" and the 7-8 smallish side missions in "Year of the Snake". I also felt that given the timeline in the story, this could've just been added to the main game after you finish the storyline, as opposed to accessing it from the main menu.

• 4 months later...

Got Year of the Snake 50% off and after reading these posts, I agree Year of the Snake was disappointing.

Even being so short Year of the Snake is very repetitive. There are a few features that are enjoyable but you only enjoy them a short time then they end before they can go anywhere. The plot is lackluster and the ending very bland. The few redeeming qualities are the unlockables that can also be used for the main story but nothing that would save this dlc.

Year of the Snake expands on the driving and shooting while Nightmare in Northpoint expands on the fighting where the game shines. If you only plan to get one, get Nightmare in Northpoint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I loved Nightmare i hated this one.

1. It had an interesting concept..Wei's superiors are tired of his un orthodox approach to the law. They make him a regular cop so i was really excited. I thought different type missions since I'm not an undercover cop for now. Boy was i dead wrong.

in this dlc Wei must find the leader of a crazy cult that has placed bombs all over Hong Kong. Many side missions involve bomb related tasks oh boy how fun. So much for varied activities.

3. Wei is not a beat cop for long. For some UN explained reason he is promoted to Bomb squad terroist fighter.

4. The leader gives no reason or explaination of why he is trying to blow up the town.

5. I thought those evidence bags would explain the story or serve of use but no. The devs might aswel said collect 20 action figuires.

Nightmare wasn't canon and i enjoyed the boss, story, and gameplay. This dlc had nothing i liked and was the only blemish on a 10/10 game.