tank dropper

mrfunkyjunkie

Tank Dropper

On any Mythic map, get a kill on another player while in monitor mode.

Ok.... so by this explanation and the guide on this side i would have imagined my last effort would've acheived this.

basically i loaded up sandbox, signed in a second player (non gold) started a local forge game and railed him with a lage forein object yet it didnt unlock.

can anyone shed some light on how exactly to get this one. eg: do you have to be on live with a gold account + guest, or two seperate gold accounts?

Well I would have thought that a guest would work. The way I got mine was by accident. A friend(Gold Live) and I were racing Mongooses up top of Sandbox. I was floating in monitor mode and as he sped down a ramp I bumped him and he fell off the track out into the abyss. As soon as he died I got the achievement. I guess because I knocked him off it popped.

Or try dropping a tank as the description says. That same friend did that to me and he got it no problem. It could be that a guest won't work but I would try it a few different ways before you try and get someone else.

I unlocked this achievement in a forge game, with the second controller being a guest. I just lifted up the tank and released it. You don't need to smash the tank/object into your opponent. All you need to do is make a splatterkill whilst in monitor mode! Just drop the tank, it will be enough! Tank Dropper, doh! ;):drunk

This may sound like a stupid fix to your problem but make sure whoever you are dropping something on is on the other team. You can even sign in a second controller and put it on the opposite team and it will work; that's how I got.

Actually no I don't think that's stupid. When my friend was trying we were like why the hell isn't this working? Then I figured it was because we were on the same team lol. I cahnged teams and it popped for him.

Edited by Azazel_Valkyrie

• 5 months later...
You can also get this achievement VERY easily by meleeing someone to take their shield down, then lob a grenade at their feet and go into camera mode before it blows. Achievement unlocked, no need to spawn any other items.

A sticky grenade is even easier than the tank drop method. I tried to drop a tank on another player 3 times from way high up and directly above them and it didn't kill them (their health DID regenerate in between drops). Throwing a sticky on them took them out in about 2 seconds.