I think my 360 is on life support

The Killer 47

I've been lucky enough to not have many problems with my 360, which I bought a year ago December. A couple of months ago I started getting the 2 red lights, so I moved it from my tv stand to a glass coffee table. That seemed to help for a while, but today it started happening again. I let it sit for a while and when I turned it back on it was showing 3 red lights. I'm thinking I should send it back now before it completely stops working and I get a game stuck in there.

For anyone who has had there xbox die, how quick and helpful is ms in replacing the consoles? I bought the service contract so hopefully they won't give me any hassle.

Mine died on December 22nd and I had my refurbished unit by January 3rd.

I called late Friday evening (around 8PM CST).The shipment box was mailed out December 26th, and it arrived in two days (It was sent 3 Day Select UPS). I sent it out at a UPS store the same day (Again, the shipment to Microsoft's repair center is 3 Day Select UPS). On the December 28th, I received a service emailing stating it was on its way back via UPS Ground (2-5 days depending on your distance from the repair center). Since I live about 5 hours from the center, it only took 2 days to arrive back here. If it weren't for the holidays, I could have it back even sooner.

My faceplate was heavily damaged in shipping (It appeared someone sat on it then tried to stick it on the console). That took about another week to have a faceplate replacement sent out.

If your console is giving you problems now, send away for the box. Its better to have it semi-working and you can enjoy it rather than not working and unusable till the box arrives.

my good friend from school got the ring of fire, called MS and got a box about a week later, and then he got it back in 8 days, it is suppose to be 3-5 bisness days but he had to sign for the package, If yours is made in december too you should hav no problem getting it fixed because it was made before the massive recall