Capcom just ruined another fighting franchise...

Seriously what the F'n Fuck! First the character roster looked like it was picked by some 30-year old capcom nerd(who has a fetish for cartoon/video game girl characters and a few unworthy capcom characters that make Axel look like he has Mario's popularity) and a old Marvel nerd who wouldnt know a good comic book hero/villain if it bit him in the ass. But I can stand the fact that there are only a few cool fighters in this game...and weird shitty looking graphics(Graphics dont make a game but wtf was this games art about?). Online is just a huge cluster fuck of "Cannot connect to host" unless I am forced to choose ANY for which rank to fight...which in turn I end up getting a 150win-2Loss motherfucker who does nothing but spam cheap unblockable combos. Half of the characters are just a random mass of overpowered combos and a shitload of uneven moves that turn this game into a spamming frenzy of hell. I mean seriously the only good point of this game is when I have a friend to play because its really the only enjoyable way to play this bullshit. Anyone else realize that they just copied Street Fighter 4 but for MvC3 and didnt bother fixing any of the REALLY REALLY needed mechanics that fucked up SF4?

This is my opinion really sad the game turned out the way it did...Didnt meet the hype in any way shape or form. What are your thoughts? Sadly mine just seem to be negative...

Feb 18 2011 11:45 EDIT Seriously Im surprised with the reactions to this thread. While we have the occasional over the top fanboy saying "Oh burn your disc Im a troll blah blah blah" the majority of yall seemed to actually recognize an opinion(Tho it was kind of harsh) and add on and take away from it in a very positive way. Im impressed :p Oh and P.S. anyone else notice the HUGE moral fuck-up with the magneto ending?

Edited by TEBellant

Roster aside, for the match set-ups try turning on fight invite and set your conditions. Also welcome to the world of on-line gaming, a lot of people care too much for leader board stats to try to play games at decent level. Every fighting game has that set of characters who for lack of a better term are 'unfair, or 'unbalanced'. Practice is all it takes.

Although I wouldn't use the exact words you did, I have to agree.

I have never played MvC 2, so I didn't know what to expect. I actually was surprised when I saw there was no story mode. Not to mention it's near impossible to me to remember/perform combos on the AI that blocks every hit with a standard controller.

And then the online makes me feel like an idiot. Every game I get someone who always beats my ass. Even the people who are going 0/0. The player always seems to block my every move and then pulls off tricky combos like they're bologna on a car. Every person seems to have a joystick and has played SF to death.

The game looked good. But, compared to even the AI, looks like I'm not.

I actually was surprised when I saw there was no story mode.

To be honest I was too, considering how much they were hyping the writing and plot in this game. But it's a fighting game. No one should ever expect a story mode, or if we do expect it it shouldn't be good. I think the Naruto games and that really old X-men fighter from the late 90s are the only exceptions to this...

aside from the ridiculous amount of searches i have to do to get one ranked match, this game just takes the winning formula that the others have had and adds on, with the new mission mode and the graphic style (which is very popular these days) it shows why this series has set the standard in fighting games for a decade. unfortunately like all fighting games just starting and going up against veteran of the series is much like suicide. it cant end well

the only thing to me wrong with the game is the roster and the fact that the damage seems to be a tad to high ... from playing it with some friends we noticed it and turned it to lowest to play against each other .. I've played it online 1 time sofar and it was just the basic ryu spammers from sf .. after while you'll get used to it and learn counter moves .. but seriously the roster could've been better but ooh well hopefully we'll get some good dlc characters -fingers crossed-

I just wasted my precious time reading someone bitch and moan about the games roster (sorry to hear your precious little favorite character isn't in the game, but nobody cares!) graphics (cel shaded graphics have been used for years now and you're just now getting around to bitching about them?) and the online system (spammers are in every fighting game and you're whining about not being able to get into a ranked match when you're obviously better suited for lobby and unranked matches)?

That is absolutely pathetic.

You just described everything that was "wrong" with Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Clearly this series is not meant for you. Thank you for your negativity and have a nice day.

+1

I f***ing love this game, its soo much better than i could have have imagined.

You can play the game simple or you can take it to next levels with complicated combos/traps etc. The only things i dont like about this game is the story (surely you could have had a bit more than a couple of lines of text and a couple of pictures?) and the fact that you can die in seconds (you should be able to play player match lobbies with the damage set to low).

The character roster is decent because to be honest, i reckon there would be far more complaints if after 10 years all they did was chuck in two thirds of the roster from mvc2 and the only difference is that they are drawn from scratch (which is another thing people seem to forget when it comes to why they feel the roster is "small" - anyone remember kof12?) its not the same as ripping what sprites you already had from other games and chucking them in together like a mugen project.

As for gameplay and people complaining about spamming and air combos, where have you been? Air combos existed from Xmen: COTA and beyond that, its a primary source for dealing solid damage.. if you dont like it, learn not to put yourself in that situation and as for projectile spamming- hello? Mvc2 has been stripped to s*** tactically to the point where spamming a projectile is a standard thing. Theres a lot of tools this time around that make spamming not so lucrative when you do it to someone who understands how to deal with it (try spamming a good Dante, Dormammu or Phoenix and watch what happens to you). No point complaining about ranked match, people play it because its ranked meaning they should be facing strong opponents, if someone who didnt spend time to learn whats going on before he delved into gets murdered by someone who did then its fair game and tough titty, beat em ups are all the same. You only get out what YOU put in.

Number one selling point for me in this game is that its NOT SFIV/SSFIV. Beyond that, this game needs a couple of updates to sort out some menu ticks and online play (maybe a slight damage reduction for Dark Phoenix/Sentinel) and i will have been happy to have parted with my money for this.

Seriously what the F'n Fuck! First the character roster looked like it was picked by some 30-year old capcom nerd(who has a fetish for cartoon/video game girl characters and a few unworthy capcom characters that make Axel look like he has Mario's popularity) and a old Marvel nerd who wouldnt know a good comic book hero/villain if it bit him in the ass. But I can stand the fact that there are only a few cool fighters in this game...and weird shitty looking graphics(Graphics dont make a game but wtf was this games art about?). Online is just a huge cluster fuck of "Cannot connect to host" unless I am forced to choose ANY for which rank to fight...which in turn I end up getting a 150win-2Loss motherfucker who does nothing but spam cheap unblockable combos. Half of the characters are just a random mass of overpowered combos and a shitload of uneven moves that turn this game into a spamming frenzy of hell. I mean seriously the only good point of this game is when I have a friend to play because its really the only enjoyable way to play this bullshit. Anyone else realize that they just copied Street Fighter 4 but for MvC3 and didnt bother fixing any of the REALLY REALLY needed mechanics that fucked up SF4?

This is my opinion really sad the game turned out the way it did...Didnt meet the hype in any way shape or form. What are your thoughts? Sadly mine just seem to be negative...

Somebody please explain to me how a development team that chose Ameratsu, Viewtiful Joe, The DMC3 look for Dante, the RE5 look for Chris, Wesker, and Jill, Iron man in his Extremis armor, the new design for Spencer, X-23, the new design for Thor, and the new design for Storm could possibly be a bunch 30 year old nerds.

After that, somebody please explain to me how classics who are responsible for building the company, like Arthur and Mike Haggar are considered unworthy of being in the company's biggest crossover.

Seriously man, you're entitled to your opinion, but if you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it.

Op, please get rid of your copy of this game, it clearly isn't the game you wanted, you're not enjoying yourself and it's not worth your time playing it if you're not having fun, no online community wants to read your negative opinions, you're complaining about the game at it's root level, it won't change now pal.

MvsC3 couldn't be more different from SSF4 it tried, it's built from the ground up on q totally different game engine, the roster represents characters from all ages of Capcoms gaming history, it's by no means a nerd fest, I'm inclined to believe you are either a troll, or ignorant to gaming history in general.

And finally some friendly advice, research a potential purchase in future, read reviews, watch a few YouTube videos, and then you are less likely to repeat your mistakes.

Yeah I got that last night hoping it would work thanks. It made the game so much more bearable. I had to change 2 of my main characters cause the only way you can be good with them was to use cheap tactics ann thats not how I roll :-/ But luckily Deadpool and Magneto are awesome enough to be the replacements

aside from the ridiculous amount of searches i have to do to get one ranked match, this game just takes the winning formula that the others have had and adds on, with the new mission mode and the graphic style (which is very popular these days) it shows why this series has set the standard in fighting games for a decade. unfortunately like all fighting games just starting and going up against veteran of the series is much like suicide. it cant end well

:drunkCheers. I hate arcade mode...the endings for the characters are worse than the tastunoko vs capcom ones...and those endings were BAD! Seriously Im not gonna spoil it but take a look at Magnetos ending. It pretty much takes the morals of the X-men universe and throws em out the window.

Hey so I'm not going to hate on you OP, everyone -is- entitled to their opinion and at the very least you did express it as such. That being said, Graphics and Roster are in the eye of the beholder in this case. Personally I enjoy both a great deal, and the amount of fan service that went into this game on the sound alone (voice acting, and music) is truly a great accomplishment.

The one thing I wanted to address was your complaint about finding matches. The problem with the system as it is, is, if you start your game, and decide to go into offline mode first, say doing arcade, the system disconnects you from the host. If you follow that with going to versus mode online, the system has an incredibly difficult time re-connecting you. As such, if you just decide to restart your game/xbox, OR leave the connection connected (allowing people to offer matches during Arcade), you'll have no difficulty when it comes to actually finding matches at your level. This morning I started my reign into the xbox realm and fought 2 guys. Won both games, but I wouldn't say it was a domination. Just hoping I can win my next 3 and get that achievement out of the way, hahaha.

Hey so I'm not going to hate on you OP, everyone -is- entitled to their opinion and at the very least you did express it as such. That being said, Graphics and Roster are in the eye of the beholder in this case. Personally I enjoy both a great deal, and the amount of fan service that went into this game on the sound alone (voice acting, and music) is truly a great accomplishment.

The one thing I wanted to address was your complaint about finding matches. The problem with the system as it is, is, if you start your game, and decide to go into offline mode first, say doing arcade, the system disconnects you from the host. If you follow that with going to versus mode online, the system has an incredibly difficult time re-connecting you. As such, if you just decide to restart your game/xbox, OR leave the connection connected (allowing people to offer matches during Arcade), you'll have no difficulty when it comes to actually finding matches at your level. This morning I started my reign into the xbox realm and fought 2 guys. Won both games, but I wouldn't say it was a domination. Just hoping I can win my next 3 and get that achievement out of the way, hahaha.

Yeah I got it "5 Ranked Wins in a Row" last night after finding out that searching through arcade mode will let you find someone ranked the same. I won 10 matches in a row and had about 3 ragequitters it was a huge relief. Tho when I get higher in the ranks ima have to reset my rank somehow cause im too bad to deal with the elite spammers and players haha To be purely honest I had no intention of getting this game til my roommate said he'd pay for half and I needed a fighting game cause Mortal Kombat 2011 is taking for ever to come out.

:drunkCheers. I hate arcade mode...the endings for the characters are worse than the tastunoko vs capcom ones...and those endings were BAD! Seriously Im not gonna spoil it but take a look at Magnetos ending. It pretty much takes the morals of the X-men universe and throws em out the window.

the magneto ending is pretty lame kinda funny tho ..