Reviews coming in...

dirge

I have been playing it for almost 6 hours now. Kind of disappointed since it feels nothing like any of the other Ridge Racers. It feels more like Split Second or Burnout.

This is the reason i'm more interested in this new one as it looks more like the other two racers you mentioned. Think i'm going to rent it on friday then if I like it i'll purchase it.

Already got game today and game is hard racing game. Great racing game and best Ridge Racer game yet with nice graphics and gameplay with hard A.I. drivers so you need learns how to beat them in race and game want you very quickly use lots power to speed boost, destroy stuffs and frags into drivers.

I gave this game 89% Great game with awesome graphics and gameplay but only bit problem is some area of race got little framerate pop ups, drifts can make quite frustrated at times you using it and getting quite lots of frustrated again to try wins 1st place or even get 3 stars. This need lots of patience. MP mode can be fun lots and take time to use to beat online players of course many racing games got this anyway. :)

I am so glad PSVita failed with Ridge Racer then one month later finally better Ridge Racer released. I am so happy PSVita got shitty Ridge Racer hehehe :)

I have been playing it for almost 6 hours now. Kind of disappointed since it feels nothing like any of the other Ridge Racers. It feels more like Split Second or Burnout.

wait, really? TIME TO BUY A NEW GAME!!! Not a fan of RR games but burnout paradise is in my top 5 while I had a TON of fun with Split/Second.

Well, I just joined XBox360a just to share and discuss my thoughts around this game. Being a PS3 player, there are few people who have gotten this game yet.

I've been playing this game for about 10 hours, and I really have to say that both Split/Second and Dirt 3 are better games than this one. At least in my opinion.

One mode that is uneccesary is the BIGRIG take out cop cars. I mean, drive a slow bigrig just to boost into cop cars?

The domination mode is better, though. Being pretty difficult. Even when you get access to the best cars in your class, the events are still challenging.

Someone mentioned the AI of the opponents, and it is top notch. And the tracks you race on can not be "DOMINATED" until you know it well enough.

And then you have the stunt events, which I've only tried a few so far. They are pretty fun actually.

Ofcourse you also have standard races, where destruction is disabled and your boost is only good for nitro.

All in all: I've yet to have a wow moment.

• 2 weeks later...

yep. Not a fan of the Ridge Racer series but I've been having a TON of fun with this game. The dominator races can be a bit of a bitch sometimes but simply learning the right line and when to deploy boost really makes the difference.

I've played a LOT of racing games and goddamn this is fun :woop:

the track editor seems like an easy way to boost EXP and those race wins too. destroy 10 things in the city in one race? Set it up.

Even the drifting is awesome. I read on the GameStop site someone hated the game because he didn't know how to drift and it was really hard. But in the first race it shows you on the right side of the screen to press B to drift and earn boost. And it was simple to do in the drifting events.

As a side note the HUD is really cool how it displays the race stats ON the track walls and the music is perfect match to the art style.