Enjoyed Arkam Asylum - worth getting?

alexthelion32

• 2 weeks later...

The characters, story, gadgets, etc. are all fantastic (and a great improvement on an already great first game). Support for 3d TVs was awesome, too.

Just like the first one, the thing that I enjoyed most is feeling like a badass (Batman) when you get the hang of the combos, and in one fluid motion, you chew through big groups of thugs.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Definitely,I love both of them & IMO it's hard to pick a favorite of these 2 simply because they have each own awesome stuff but twist my arm & I think it's a small win for Arkham City but if you are going for achievements then don't rush it cause some of the side missions can be missed by rushing & once you've miss them you can't go back & get them unless they are on the map,have heard others who have had this problem & I to had a little problem with getting one of the side missions to start & then I had to start the game all over to get but must admit I didn't really mind since it's such an awesome game,besides 1 ordinary & 8 of the DLC achievements for arkham city I have them all also in arkham asylum I'm only missing one,would have gotten them long time ago if haven't borrowed them both to my brother LOL

Everyone I know says that Arkham City is 10 times better than Asylum, and I have to agree. They improved on everything in this game to make it so much better. I completed Arkham Asylum 3 times, so I didn't know at first whether this game was going to feel the same and whether I would get bored, but oh no. Everything in this game was improved upon perfectly. This was an absolute perfect sequel. Completed it twice and enjoyed it even more on my second play through. If they bring out Arkham 3, whatever it may be called, it will be a MUST buy before anything else. This is one of the best games I've ever played.

• 2 weeks later...

( Only posting this because it does not break my NDA contract. Haha. Just please do not message me asking for "omgz secretz game infos", lol. ;] )

Lemme put it this way.

I worked on Arkham City for just over a year back in development. I played and worked on the game 5-6 days out of the week. Half of the time I was contracted on the project, I was doing 50-70 hour weeks non-stop. I cannot tell you how many times I've beaten the game. Hell, I still remember every line of dialogue, and I haven't played the game in a year, LOL.

But you know, despite the countless hours and working on it for so long.. I never got frustrated with the game, and I never got incredibly bored of it. I've worked on various other little games and projects, and they tend to get boring within months, yet I never went insane even after a year of playing nothing but this game (I will admit that this is the biggest title I've worked on though, the rest of my credits are just kinda "eh whatever", lol.)

Also, ironically enough, I had never played Arkham Asylum, not until after working on AC for probably 3 months or so. That, and I've never even been a big fan of superheros and etc, and although I always thought Batman and some other heroes were cool, it just.. was never my thing. Yet I felt both games were incredible, and I'd say both fall into my top 10-20 games that've been released over the past 3-4 years.

Both RS and WB put so much care and love into this game. Hell, I put my own love into the game, I wanted it to be game of the decade! Haha. We worked around the clock, and I'm not joking when I say we often were doing 50-70 hour weeks. You'd be surprised at how much we went out of the way to polish even the tiniest of details. And we were all incredibly happy with how it came out and the reception it got (like seriously, wow).

Rambling aside, there you have it. It has an great story, addictive gameplay (I've always loved the combat in the game and have never gotten tired of it, and I especially love that aspect more than the first Arkham), plenty of side quests and fun achievements. Not only that, you have a guy who worked on the game personally endorsing it to you! LOL. xD And no, I do not get any money from sales (plus I work at a different company at the moment), rofl. XD So I'm not just saying this so I can get muu-lah. Haha.

In all seriousness, I highly doubt you will be disappointed. I'm not just posting this for you, but for anyone who hasn't played it yet. Even if you aren't a fan of heroes and all that type of stuff like me, I seriously think everyone who likes action and good gameplay should give it a chance regardless. :)

(Just make sure to come back and say what you thought of it!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...