DLC Achievement Guide

Spellruler

Hey guys, after snooping around the net myself, I coudn't really find a way to get these achievements, I played for about two hours and still didn't get it ''Living Loving Bug'' But eventually I found an easy way to get all the achievements, so I'm creating a mini-guide to help you out!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/431/UP33bHE=.jpg One and Done - 30 G

Score the winning point in a game of Keepaway against Legendary AIs.

This is best done on the 1 vs 1 map Chasms. use the Arbiter for this one. Set the AI to Legendary of course, and have Captain Cutter be your opponent.

As soon as the game starts, build a Temple, and three supply pads. Scout with your Ghost for supplies, there are alot near your base, and about 60 to 90 supplies in the center, collect those with your Ghost and move The Arbiter to the center of the Map and wait, while you wait, you can build a fourth supply pad, there is no need to upgrade to a Citadel.

By the time the Sentinel spawns (the Flag), you can almost instantly grab it with Arby. Grab it, and go camp at the back of your base, and wait. You will notice a timer running, that is how long it will actually take for capture the flag completely and have a point added to your score. You need three points to win.

Upgrade one of your supply pads every now and then, in case Arby needs to get into rage mode, but personally I never had to do this.

Now, when the timer passed and you are rewarded a point, go back to the middle with Arby. Give him the upgrades ''Fiendish Return'' and '"Defiant Rage'' if needed, found at your Temple, and wait for the Sentinel and capture it, again camping at the back of your base. Repeat one more time.

Cutter will almost never send his units to you, he will be too busy building up his base. But if you really really want to be sure, listen to the AI what kind of units Cutter makes, and build two turrets at the front to counter appropriately.

You will be rewarded the achievement after Three Sentinel Captures.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/431/UP-WZcQ=.jpg Pull Hard, Pull Deep - 20 G

Win and never trail in a Tug of War game.

Again, play as The Arbiter, with your opponent being Cutter and the AI set to easy. Choose the map Chasms Build a Temple and two supply pads ASAP, and have your Ghost attack the enemy base ASAP as well. Destroy the Warthog, so it cannot gather supplies. Follow it if needed. When the warthog is gone, have the Ghost attack the (probably only) building the enemy has, (Make sure it's a reactor). By this time your Arbiter should be ready and on his way to help destroy Cutters base. If Cutter starts to build supply pads, focus all your attention on that, do not give him a chance to get supplies. MAKE SURE HIS SUPPLY PADS DO NOT COMPLETE BUILDING. If he starts building something, have Arbiter trash it up before it completes! If the enemy Warthog is destroyed, and the enemy base as well, you are victorious and are granted this achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/431/UP42nVc=.jpg Freak on a Streak - 20 G

Gain at least 15 population from a single wave in a Reinforcement game.

You will most likely get this the same time as ''Living Loving Bug'' As a Scarab takes up 20 population. If not, then just have alot of supplies and population free and hope for the best. If you need to get rid of units, use the ''Prophet Cleansing Beam'' Method described in the help for ''Living Loving Bug.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/431/UP0RiVk=.jpg Living Loving Bug - 30 G

Get a Scarab during a Reinforcement game.

Play as the Covenant, preferably The Prophet Of Regret, set your opponent to be Captain Cutter.

Set the opponent A.I. to easy, to make it easier for you.

Build supply pads only, upgrading them, and a temple, and upgrade your ages (Upgrade found at the Temple, Age of Doubt first and then the Age of Reclamation) so you get Tech Level (The lightning bolt in the top-left corner) to Three, this will require two ''Age'' upgrades. Also, Capturing a Second Base is almost mandatory and increasing your Population (This Upgrade can be found in the Temple as well) helps as well

Kill any unit you might get using the Prophets cleansing Beam if your population is over 20.

Make sure you have enough population room and enough supply to ''Buy'' a Scarab. I know you can't buy units, but you need the supplies. So have 4000 Supplies in reserve and 20 population available.

Hope you get a Scarab instead of alot of Wraiths or anything else. If you have too much units and they take up too much Population, Prophet's Cleansing beam is your friend. Kill your own units with it if needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this guide helps you out!

Edited by Spellruler
Making it submittable as a guide

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info! Ill add that as soon as I get on a regular computer. I do not know anyone with the DLC so I've written this with in mind that not everyone knows someone with the DLC. Thanks again! =D

Edited by Spellruler

I tried earlier for 1 hour 10 mins. Every time I got either a ton of banshees, a ton of wraiths, or for some stupid reason, a ton of ghosts. *Facepalm*

I was on tech level FIVE as well. I'm gonna retry later.

The scarab did not spawn for two hours for me, but that was because I just did not have enough supplies (Usally was around the 2500 range). I'm gonna do some experimenting still to find out if 3500+ will net you a better chance for a Scarab, or if having just over 3000 works better. My guess is the latter, but I think It's still really random though.

Got my Living Loving Bug online. It's a lot easier because you can get all your units killed. Then you sit back and wait, get to tech level 3 and put all money in techs before wave, undo them after to get your cash back and then get to 3k and hope for the best.

The scarab did not spawn for two hours for me, but that was because I just did not have enough supplies (Usally was around the 2500 range). I'm gonna do some experimenting still to find out if 3500+ will net you a better chance for a Scarab, or if having just over 3000 works better. My guess is the latter, but I think It's still really random though.

I think the extras mean that the scarab is starred when it comes out because my friend got a 2 star scarab at 4k resources and I got a no star scarab at 3k

Also any of the skulls can be turned on while you are doing these achievements, making them really easy. Like the 25% faster resources skull "bountiful harvest" for better chances of having the cash for a scarab.

If you are having trouble with the legendary AI achievement "One and Done". Go Prophet in a 2v2 preferably with a friend on the other team to "team kill" the AI. Turn some of the good skulls on "extra money,health,timers,ect" , and build bashes with boost and upgrade your Prophet so the he can cleanse the carrier if your AI teammate does in fact get the flag for the last point, before the time runs out.

Works really well got it on my first try.

I was thinking of getting thie...but for 800msp just for 3 new modes kind of put me off!! is it any good? As me n my mate play HW a lot and were a pretty good team, this may throw a spanner in our works and make it a little more challenging!

Other than that Good Guide, will def use if i get it!!

Edited by Nozza

Out of the three, Keep away and Reinforcements are the most fun for me. Tug Of War just feels the same like skirmish to me to be honest. There are certainly worse DLC out there, and if you are a Halo Wars fan, consider this purchase at least.

having problems with the scarab one , went to docks i was forge and put the ai on easy , at one stage with 4 bases and 5,000 in supplies with a pop of only 12/50 and it gave me damn hunters , struggled on for another half hour and still no scarab and each time i had the money and the pop cap was free.

For the Living Loving Bug one I found that playing on Terminal Moraine made it a little easier to kill of any extra units as I could just pile a ton of ground units on to a light bridge and then let them fall to their death when it turns off. Also, I found that once I got every possible upgrade, I imediately got a scarab, and well as getting another one the next turn as well. Not sure if that's related, but it may help.

Edited by Starbuk85