"The Eleventy Percent Club"

As the title suggests, this is for people who have or are shooting for full completion.

Though I'm not the first to do so, I'll start the thread. Sign once you've fully cleared Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 1000/1000gs and have 110% Percent completion!

Signed:

Miles Prower CC

CyberEvil

Echilion

Kyai

Crimzen dragon

MaximumTheMugen

BullZeye

DarkLord Zephyr

Kinky Buns

Moldredd

infrenis

Talinth

miGu sama

Akka

JuSt BLaZe

Akanea

Wiison

DeluvianKing

eNamrah

Kinjin

Xx Kinjo xX

Bubblesz

dongbag117

Vindicator51

sparhawk2007

ScroteyLiberace

Munkk1

Luiza014

M4aster Pr0phet

ccarnage

Heraldofkaos

powerslave666

Party hard guys! Haha!

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k561/Miles_Prower_CC/Miles%20Prower/028tails.jpg

Edited by Miles Prower CC

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would probably be easier to do this if the game would actually allow me to replay the early levels.

I feel your frustration. If you can't find any answers here, you might have to go to Konami, or you could see if you can trade your CD into Gamestop as they'll generally provide you with another copy of the game as long as your CD isn't banged up.

I feel your frustration. If you can't find any answers here, you might have to go to Konami, or you could see if you can trade your CD into Gamestop as they'll generally provide you with another copy of the game as long as your CD isn't banged up.

I didn't get it at GameStop. I don't know about where you live, but all the GameStops around me will NEVER make an exchange unless you got the game there, have a receipt, and the game is in perfect condition.

I didn't get it at GameStop. I don't know about where you live, but all the GameStops around me will NEVER make an exchange unless you got the game there, have a receipt, and the game is in perfect condition.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k561/Miles_Prower_CC/Miles%20Prower/072tails-1.jpg

Hmm, no luck with Gamestop then. Well I reckon it's either your CD is having an issue(less likely) or maybe your XB is having a hardware problem(more likely). If you got any friends with the game, you could try their CD out and see if that changes anything, likewise you could try your CD in their XB and see if they can play earlier levels. That might help narrow down whose end the problem is on.

If you don't have those as options, my only other idea is to e-mail Konami support.

What really ticks me off is that I was able to go back to earlier levels without a problem during the game, when I went back to get some Brotherhood arks after getting the double jump; this problem didn't exist then. I just contacted Konami about this, hopefully they have a fix for the problem.

Oh and this isn't the first major problem I've had with this game - during the Music Box level, the Yellow Cylinder didn't load properly, and simply wasn't there. I had to delete the game off my harddrive, re-install it, and replay the level to get the Yellow Cylinder to appear.

Edited by Aquaman6686

What really ticks me off is that I was able to go back to earlier levels without a problem during the game, when I went back to get some Brotherhood arks after getting the double jump; this problem didn't exist then. I just contacted Konami about this, hopefully they have a fix for the problem.

Oh and this isn't the first major problem I've had with this game - during the Music Box level, the Yellow Cylinder didn't load properly, and simply wasn't there. I had to delete the game off my harddrive, re-install it, and replay the level to get the Yellow Cylinder to appear.

Sounds to me like there's something wrong with your system. That's pure conjecture though, I have no proof of that. Do any other games give you any problems? Any funny noises? How old is the system? Any funky things you can think of at all? It could very well be a harddrive problem. If you installed it and the yellow cylinder didn't appear, maybe it wrote it to the harddrive incorrectly or that cluster corrupted. And maybe the same thing happened with your save file causing the disc error. Sadly, hardware does fail sometimes, I've had harddrive crap out on me on my PC (and it's the same type of harddrive in older 360 models).

@Miles Prower CC: Oh, and I have 1000 already in this game.

Gamestop exchange policy is this:

Must have receipt. 30 days to exchange. Must have bought it at a gamestop (any Gamestop, not store specific). The disc has to be in perfect shape, unless it's pre-owned, in which it has to be in reasonable shape.

The only thing I can think of to save some of the loss is to trade it in. Don't mention it's defective, or they'll charge you a refurbish fee. You'll get maybe $20-30, +10% if you have an edge card. And you don't pay sales tax on the trade in portion.

Sounds to me like there's something wrong with your system. That's pure conjecture though, I have no proof of that. Do any other games give you any problems? Any funny noises? How old is the system? Any funky things you can think of at all? It could very well be a harddrive problem. If you installed it and the yellow cylinder didn't appear, maybe it wrote it to the harddrive incorrectly or that cluster corrupted. And maybe the same thing happened with your save file causing the disc error. Sadly, hardware does fail sometimes, I've had harddrive crap out on me on my PC (and it's the same type of harddrive in older 360 models).

@Miles Prower CC: Oh, and I have 1000 already in this game.

The only other problem I've had is that sometimes the disc drive doesn't want to open, and I have to wait a minute and hit the button again, and then it opens the second time.

The only other problem I've had is that sometimes the disc drive doesn't want to open, and I have to wait a minute and hit the button again, and then it opens the second time.

At some point, I'd invest in a new system. The motor that opens your disc tray will eventually fail to open. Sounds like it's having a difficult type breaking away. Only my opinion on the investment, but eventually it will fail. =( Blasted hardware.

Unfortunately there's no way in hell I can afford another system. I had to save for over 6 months to get the first one.

=( Well, there's always the chance that I'm wrong. I don't claim to know everything, after all. And for you, I pray that I am wrong. But as a precaution, I would start saving now if you want another system and make this one last as long as you can.

Or, depending on the age of your system, Microsoft may be able to repair it cheaper.

Got my 1000 yesterday!

A side note: Although the end to the game itself was a bit sad the epilogue left me speechless! They have so many possibilities they can work with now! I know this thread is for people who have completed the game but at the risk of putting in any spoilers for people who might read this thread that haven't beat the game I will leave all of my ideas for what I would like to see out of this post.

Got the 1000 GS,too, although I've never beaten, for example, Devil May Cry on anything above the easiest difficulty.

Already sold it again,though, there are simply too many other good games coming this fall.

I just didn't think if the DLC, I'll propably wait until all DLC is out and then I'll quickly rent it, really interested in finding out how and where the story continues.

My old system also had that problem. I don't know if this actually works for everyone, but I would press the palm of my hand down on the grey plastic area above the disc drive (on top of the xbox) and then it would always open. But I have to say that my system was from October 2008. MS traded it for me after I send in a repair request for my older system from March 2007. I guess it's worth a shot. But the other guy is right. At some point your xbox will stop to function properly.

Count me in.

What can I say? As a Castlevania fan since the NES erea, I'm quite satisfied with the new direction of this franchise. In fact I find it greater than all of Iga's works from Symphony of the Night to Order of Ecclessia, all combined, and the real sequel to the Castlevania Legacy. Aside from a few flaws such as the repetitive music, poor framerate at some times and the camera+control combo, I can say I'm pleased with the final result and looking forward to what's next.

Castlevania is a platform adventure game not a Metroid-esque game, but platform itself is somewhat old these day so I'm good with the new action adventure approach.

The score was brilliant, I really love it but please, MercurySteam, make a signature track for each stage/Chapter make each song unique. Don't repeat song or make stages share the same again. But most important, you need to work on your engine, the framerate hurts the game at times, for instance, a 60 fps for the action is epic and like 45-50 for the vista moments to gave it a Castlevania Signature Movie like feeling would be perfect.

While I do like the Metroid-esque Castlevanias, I really have to admit I'm sick and tired of the same recycled material for every single Handheld Castlevania since Symphony of the Night. That's the reason I never bothered playing Order of Ecclessia, buy Symphony or HD for the 360. So this game is a relieve for me.

This is the closest to Super Castlevania IV And Castlevania Legacy of Darkness+64. My Gods of all time.

Edited by Moldredd

Welcome to the party everyone haha, great job we've done clearing the game out. I wasn't expecting so many signatures in this relatively short time!

Oh yeah if I spell anyone's name wrong, just let me know. Sometimes I go too fast when I read.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k561/Miles_Prower_CC/Miles%20Prower/Tails-Victory-Resized.gif