My guide to get Enthralling

I was reading that some people are having trouble getting Enthralling. I will tell you how I got it and hope it helps you. I got Enthralling before I finshed Darkspawn Chronicles. After you max out the approval bar you can then kill your thrall :woop:. This goes without saying, but make sure to keep your thrall alive untill the bar is maxed out. Also LOOT THE BOSSES so you dont miss out on a gift. I try to save the gifts untill you are about to kill you thrall so you dont waste one. And as always make sure to run around and kill everything, look in every nook and cranny.

What to Enthrall and where: Genlock, Hurlock and Ogre in the City Gates. Shriek in the Market District. Hurlock Emissary in the Elven Alienage. Blight Wolf in the Palace Distict.

1. Enthrall the Genlock and and Hurlock and later Ogre at the city gates. Kill everything is this area. Genlock and Hurlock should be close to max after this area. Give Genlock a gift so its bar is at max.

2. In the Market District kill your nice Genlock and Enthrall the Shriek. You dont enthrall the Genlock Sapper, just walk him over to the gate. Now you party should be You, Hurlock, Shriek and Ogre. Do the quests in this area. The quests are very simple so dont worry. Just run near buildings untill an innocent comes out. Then just do what the game tells you untill the next boss. The Hurlock should be maxed out now, if not use a gift.

3. In the Elven Alienage kill your Hurlock, and Enthrall the Hurlock Emissary. The Hurlock Emissary has the Heal power. Do the quests here and set fire the the Alienage.

4. At the start of the Palace District your Ogre is taken awayThis is OK, you get him back in a little. I didnt enthrall a fourth party member at this time. First go to the right and kill the dwarfs. Go left up the stairs and keep to the right. You dont want to fight the next golum without Ogre. Your Shriek should be near max, and if not give him a gift. Kill Your Shriek should be near max, and if not give him a gift. Kill Shriek, and pull the levers to open the gate. Enthrall THE FIRST OGRE AT THE GATE, NOT THE ONE THAT COMES OUT AFTER YOU OPEN THE GATE. Now that I have that out of my system, Enthrall the Blight Wolf. Your party should now be You, Ogre, Blight Wolf and Hurlock Emissary, keep them all alive even if their bar is at max. Ogre and Emissary should be near max so give 2 gifts to Blight Wolf. Go up to the next level and kill the enemies. Whatever party member is not at max approval give them your left over gifts.

5. Jump for joy now that you unlocked Enthralling.

This is how I got enthralling, but your party is not maxed out go forward with the game. Once your Ogre, Blight Wolf and Hurlock Emissary are maxed out the achievement should pop up!!!:woop:

There's a pretty easy way to boost the bars for the remaining ones if you followed the guide and maxed the hurlock and genlock in the earlier areas. At the point where you get back your ogre, destroy the gate with him and go up the stairs to fight a single golem and a bunch of dwarfs, the gate behind the golem is an infinite spawn. Just hang out in front of it and kill the dwarfs until your achievement pops up. Hope that helps.

Thank you for the guide. It helped me get all three achievements on my first playthrough.

One tip is that there are several places that have re-spawning characters. The first I remember is at the beginning of Denerim Market. Put your party on Hold. Get the Shriek to take care of the ballistas. Then change to your main character and go solo against the re-spawning soldiers (innocents will appear too). This can make your approval 100% with all the current members of your party. Then proceed with the rest of the Denerim quests and battles.

I don't remember a re-spawn point in the Alienage but there are two at the Palace Gates. You can use the Hold technique here too which makes your approval increase more quickly. There's one in the beginning to the right and the one mentioned in an earlier post in this thread. I had five gifts left and got Enthralling in the middle of the Palace Gates.

One more thing: In Denerim Market: I did Enthrall the Genlock Sapper after killing my Hurlock after the Hurlock had maxed out approval. When he's in your party, the Genlock Sapper does not have an approval meter so you don't need to max him out. I just wanted to point out that it doesn't prevent you from getting the achievements.

Edited by Z58LJ2e91018GXn
add Sapper info

My Genlock from the first area did not have full approval even after two gifts (the two after fighting the Arl and his dog). What am I doing wrong?

mine was the same, so i had reloaded it right before i used them and was able to use the two to get my hurlock full (he was closer for some reason), other that that i pretty much followed the guide after that, didnt really need any gifts other than that except to max out my ogre after i got him back cuz i was trying to finish it before i went to work instead of camping the dwarven fighters

that guide worked a treat, although i had a slight variation. my genlock wasn't maxed after the first zone for some reason, but i still killed him to get the shriek, then i had to redo the genlock after the shriek was maxed. then i killede teh maxed hurlock to get the emmisary etc etc.. so it was slightly delayed.

at the end i had everyone maxed except the emmisary, but he was really close to maxing. killed alister and bleep bloop. it popped. thank goodness..

my first play through, i think i had some die to quickly. most unfortunate.

I didn't seem to have any issues with the ogre, but on the dragon age wiki it has this listed as a possible bug.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Darkspawn_Chronicles

Bugs

The initial Genlock you are told to Enthrall is immortal. Attempting to kill him causes him to explode and lose his head, but then the headless corpse will stand back up again, and you can Enthrall him again.

In the palace district, when you free the ogre by opening the gates, his approval will be set to 1 if it was at 100 when you lost him before entering the district and enthrall him again.

Can anyone confirm exactly how full your approval needs to be to get the achievement? Do you simply need to gain the massive approval bonus or do you actually have to fill the whole bar?

My Genlock from the first area did not have full approval even after two gifts (the two after fighting the Arl and his dog). What am I doing wrong?

Did you make sure to run around the entire area and up the walls to kill everything or enslave another genlock after the one the game gives you?

• 3 weeks later...

How full does the bar need to be? I mean my slider is all the way to the right, next to the heart symbol, and I even gave one of my thralls a gift when it was at this spot to see if it moves any. It does not. I've run the module and maxed out all thralls following along exactly what the guide says to do. When my blight wolf hit max affinity or whatever u want to call it, no achievement. I did re-enthrall the correct ogre and he does have 100% affinity for me I doulbe checked when I opened the gate and enthralled him.

I decided to leave my game on auto pilot just before that last tough fight with the two golemns. I got rid of my blight wolf, ogre, and emissary and enthralled a new hurlock, genlock, and shriek. They're doing all the fighting with my wired controller hooked in. Later I'll pick it up and if they're all 100% and still no achievement I'll kill them off and enthrall the last ogre, blight wolf, and emissary. Apparently the game sends all thrall types to you at this spot. If that STILL doesn't work then I guess I have to erase my saves and start over. Seems like enthralling the wrong ogre isn't the only glitch because I know for a fact I enthralled the right one after I opened the gate.

Maybe you have to do it all in one SITTING not just one playthrough cause I played for like an hour and saved, then came back later on loaded my save and continued. I'm wondering if the game loses track of info on thralls if you turn your box off or something. It's the only explanation I can come up with.

Edited by lifeexpectancy