Secret Constellation Pictures + My Secret Area Totals

i4mn1nja

Cave = #1 (thumbs up), #2 (square)

Attic = #3 (glasses?), #4 (reindeer), #5 (star)

Sitting Room = #6 (gun), #7 (boat), #8 (apple), #9 (arrow)

Library = #10 (lol no clue)

Rooftop City = #11 (lol no clue)

Workshop = #12 (sword), #13 (peace sign)

Kitchen = #14 (telephone)

Catacombs = #15 (person)

Backstage = #16 (faces)

Moon = #17 (rocket)

All pictures can be seen in order in the album below. Sorry for the poor quality, I was doing this as a reference for myself in case I needed another playthrough but figured it'd be helpful for others.

http://imgur.com/a/omDjx#0

Total secret areas I found in each location are also as follows. I am unsure if you actually need to enter them or just have the beam locate them, but I always entered them to be sure. I got the achievement for 60 secret areas at the end of the catacombs, where my count was only 33 areas found. This list only includes the areas that open up when you or the beam gets close, if anyone has any other information for what constitutes a secret area, that'd be great.

Cave = 3

Attic = 3

Dining Hall = 1

Sitting Room = 6 (maybe 7)

Dorm = none

Library = 2

Rooftop City = 1

Factory = none

Workshop = 12 (maybe 14)

Maze = 1

Kitchen = none

Catacombs = 4

Backstage = 2

Stages = none

Farm = none

Outer Space = none

Moon = 10

Edited by i4mn1nja

the opera masks require a burst beam and are distinctly noticeable if you're progressing on the upper section of the level and paying attention to the ceiling. you can barely see the ceiling itself due to the camera but it's a noticeable change and you just burst beam up there from a platform below it.

and i'm pretty sure it's right before you get to that room where you can use your beam to ride the big blue thing around. it is however definitely after the semi tedious (on hard mode, at least) section where you need to use your beam to get across three continuous sections of red spikes by throwing your beam then jumping into it repeatedly so you don't fall to your death. you start by going to the right, then up a little bit and over spikes to the left, and up finally up again and over spikes to the right. once you reach safety, there will be a wall to the left of you over the spikes with the secret area inside. use your slingshot, the constellation is at the very top!

Thanks, Ninja! Can't believe I didn't think of testing those beams with the boots especially after using them to get in that one area in the second outside part of the moon.

Do you remember any of the secret areas you found on the moon as well? I didn't get the 60 secret area achievement, which I'm pretty upset about, because I was checking everywhere. Found more than your counts for almost every level but I've only been able to find three or four on moon compared to your 10.

hm i remember where most (if not all) of them are but they'd be hard to describe so i'll reference points in this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj37JdvDf7k&list=PLP3hiwprTmyXmdDoCyiKbNkTWH5q8V4CF&index=24

there are invisible platforms on the outside that you need the bag of gravel to see which count for the achievement (no secret area specifically, just get on them). it's at 3:06 in the video, above the armor. then there's a secret area hidden in the grey platforms right above the boxes @ 3:25. those blue beams on screen at 3:25 will push you up to an area where you need to equip your boots to get items, idk but it probably counts for the achievement too.

on the inside, most of them come from the final souvenir, which has like 5 secret areas inside of it. new video to reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hic88AXELk4&list=PLP3hiwprTmyXmdDoCyiKbNkTWH5q8V4CF&index=25&feature=plpp_video

i think there's one above the box you need to hit at 1:11, i'm not certain though. pretty sure there's one in the wall above you at 9:48 after you pass through the door, i think you need smoke to get there. very difficult to actually get into, there's one directly across from you at 11:45 above the spikes (i shot 2 beams on the ceiling and tried to spread them apart so i could make it). and then he actually finds the one at 14:11! all the rest of the ones come from inside the final souvenir.

Ah, I see where I got confused. You have all the Stronghold secret areas counted into your Moon total. Even still, since I didn't have the achievement at the end of Moon, I didn't bother looking for any in Stronghold.

I reloaded my back-up save at Moon, went through and got all the areas. Proceeded into Stronghold and got all the secret areas there, thanks to your post. That should have given me 4 more than I had, and enough for the achievement. I ended up still not getting it, so I finished that playthough, and it still gave me a count of 58. Same as I had without those four areas in Stronghold.

Looks like I'll have to do an extra playthrough for them. I really hate that there's no idea to tell what counts for them or not. :(

so you're saying you went through the level again and got all the ones you had before, plus new ones which would have pushed you over the 60 mark, and your total found did not change? that doesn't make sense to me. i just actually loaded up my speed run back up save which was right before the moon as well and went through the level again and found some of the secret areas just to see if it would update my total at the end of the game and it did. i also found a secret area i hadn't seen before at 5:34 in the video behind the second conveyor belt. you need a bomb to blow it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hic88AXELk4&list=PLP3hiwprTmyXmdDoCyiKbNkTWH5q8V4CF&index=25&feature=plpp_video

Yup. I finished my first playthrough with all those secret areas on Moon and none in Stronghold except for the ones in the souvenir area and had a total of 58 at the end.

After reading your post, I loaded up Moon, hit all the secret areas, the four new ones you mentioned in Stronghold, and did that annoying souvenir bit again and didn't have pop the achievement. At which point I was pretty shocked. I finished that playthrough and it still told me I found 58.

The only thing I didn't do on my second run was a couple of the consecutive super blasts off asteroids to some items in the sky. Maybe it's possible those count as secret areas but I don't think I did four of them.

Nice spot on that one behind the conveyor belt. I'll try to get another run in today if I can and hit that one too.

EDIT: Well, I had an hour so I decided to make whatever progress I could. I ended up getting the achievement without even needing to go to Stronghold. Turns out all those tiny asteroids that can be reached by super blasting off of the bigger asteroids DO count as secret areas. My achievement unlocked when I got up to the one in the third outside section of Moon (the part where those guys pick you up) above the two meteors that carry you across that large gap in the middle.

Anyway, I thank you for all of you help, Ninja. This game didn't get much attention, which is a shame. Your constellation pictures were a big help as was BanditBanks' souvenir guide. Only hard difficuly left now. I'm hoping it won't be too bad since I can take the direct routes through the levels now.

Edited by Mister Buds

well i'm glad you got it! haha there's gotta be ~20 secret areas on the moon + stronghold alone! for anyone else who happens to be on the final stages and still trying to pop their achievement or just low on money, there is a secret area (since the asteroids count, i assume this must count) with nearly every single buyable item in the game (directly after they tell you to stock up on items lol...) at 9:24 in the video below. go onto the chimney and use your beam to go into the flame, it will shoot you onto an asteroid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj37JdvDf7k&list=PLP3hiwprTmyXmdDoCyiKbNkTWH5q8V4CF&index=24&feature=plpp_video

personally, i'd recommend playing hard mode in coop. the level design doesn't change at all and there's quite a few positives to playing in coop, like being able to hold more items, use one dummy player to clear the path of enemies, being able to visibly see checkpoints, etc. only problem is the camera, but it's not a big deal imo.

I didn't think the achievement could even be done in co-op. Oh well, I already started my solo hard run and I just passed the balloon boss, who's by far the hardest part, so I think I'll stick with it. Wouldn't want to do that part in the library where you have to travel with a key up like three floors with 20 spikes flying at you again either, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can someone give me a tip for the telephone constellation in the kitchen? i can fall down there and find the spot fine. just dont know how to get up underneath the spikes and get on the platform.

*edit* nm found the spring to the left. now just gotta judge the speed

Edited by DarkSeraphim666

• 2 months later...