New Site Is Now Live!!!!

Webb

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the new site a lot but there are a few things that bother me.

-I still think that the excessive use of the 360 logo in the column on the left looks a bit tacky.

-I agree that the font looks generic. (Times New Roman)

-It might be a good idea to make the banner at the top a link that takes you back to the main page. Whenever I browse a site, I automatically assume that the banner will do this because it seems to be a standard thing. I was a little thrown off when I realized that wasnt the case on the site.

-The image you used as a header for all the sections, the green tab with the X logo. I dont understand why it has that white section on the right side of it. It seems like its supposed to be a part of something, but I cant tell what. Instead it just looks weird to me.

-Whatever happened to the RSS feed?

I really like the new borders on the achievement pictures. I dont understand why anyone wouldnt understand why they are so necessary. Im excited to see the site when its all filled in with everything. Good job to Routine, Webb, and Minty for all your hard work on making this possible.

I really like the new borders on the achievement pictures. I dont understand why anyone wouldnt understand why they are so necessary. Im excited to see the site when its all filled in with everything. Good job to Routine, Webb, and Minty for all your hard work on making this possible.

I love the borders too, they look professional and plain awsome ! :)

Been looking forward to this for a while and its been worth the wait! :D

And i agree with franco, the banner at the top of the forums should link back to the front page and it should say something like "forums" as its a bit plain at the min.

My 2 pence ;)

[edit]: Congrats on the admin role webbster :woop:

Cheers man.

I think Franco was talking about the main page banner, but is should on both TBH ;)

The banner was lost on the forums with the upgrade and just needs to be put on.

Points taken, tar :)

Nice work guys. I gotta live with it for a while before I'll coment on it entirely though.

First thing I noticed was that while I was viewing the achievements list for a particular game, it took me a little bit to find the 'forum' link button for the game. Didn't realize it was down at the bottom of the page - which is fine because once you view the list, the idea should be to go get info, but the buttons are kind of small and don't stand out and it doesn't take you to the forum for that particular game. Just takes you to forum home page. Before the site change, that same forum link would take you directly to the forum for that game.

One other thing that I think would add to the functionality and ease of use: Can you put the achievement guide link button next to the forum button (down at the bottom also) so that once you've viewed the achievement list you how the option of either going directly to the forum for that game or going to the achievement guide (if there is one) for that same game.

Just my 2 cents.

BTW, congrats, Webb, on your admin status! And congrats to the ENTIRE X360A.ORG team for doing such a great job of keeping things organized and making this place feel like home.

Thank you for all your responses :D

Yeah a lot of the things you are mentioning are things we are working hard to add to the site. I'm adding all the forum links so they will link to the right game forum from both the games categories (jap, retail, arcade), and the individual lists as well. The individual lists will also indicate if the game has an achievement guide or not and a link to it. So the thing you're seeing at the bottom, TimidKillah is just the footer, and it would look the same regardless on which page you are viewing :) The guide and the forum link will be between the game info and the list of the achievements for each game.

Another thing someone mentioned about the title/header picture (the one with the green X thats above the game covers) will have the game name inside it like some of the pages have now (i.eg retail games).

You're absolutely right about the font that it looks too generic, and it will be replaced :)

Overall, I think that the new site revamp is a good thing for our site. Of course, like all things, it needs a few minor tweaks here and there, but its always great to see new and improved things. A Couple of things that I would like to see added is: 1. When your browsing the list of achievements in a certain game, I would personally like to know the ones that are secret apart from the ones that are not. It would help me out alot and maybe other people as well. 2. It would be cool if there was something on the main page that let everyone know what games got updated that day and what was updated in that game(ex. achievemets, guides, new games added, etc.). Even if it was under the lastest news section, that would be fine. 3. I know this would seem alot like copying, but i think it would be cool to have a interview section, where one of the admins would sit down and have a interview with some of the members and ask them some questions about the site, gaming, achievements, personal, etc...I know the first thing everyone would say its copying or whatnot, but give me a break, I guess everygame system copied atari then and every car company copied ford and chevy....Are site shouldnt not be all it can be becuz people may call us copiers, they are already doing that...Anyways, these are just my opinions..

Hi guys, nice to see my deisgn is coming thourgh.

Although I would really prefer a different color for the text on the bottons on the left. Doesn't go well with the design.

Also maybe stretch it out a little so it's wider wouldn't be such a bad idea

Good luck,

P.S. Wouldn't mind if my name gets posted on main site aswell ;)

Hi guys, nice to see my deisgn is coming thourgh.

Although I would really prefer a different color for the text on the bottons on the left. Doesn't go well with the design.

Also maybe stretch it out a little so it's wider wouldn't be such a bad idea

Good luck,

P.S. Wouldn't mind if my name gets posted on main site aswell ;)

Its at the bottom.

Yeah, we're adding content as fast as we can.

I've changed the script so it will seperate the normal achievements from the secret ones. The only ones thats been shown in the secret category now is the ones with the "Secret Achievemen - Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement" text, but the rest should be done tomorrow

Example:

Splinter Cell Link:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/home/showachievements.php?type=Retail&gameID=112

I've also noticed some difference between the design in browsers and I've got a friend working on the css so it should be identical in all browsers.

Once again, thank you for all your input and making this site better :D

no offence but it all looks very amateur-ish, from a design point of view. even the chosen font type and size look out of place and rushed, as if it was all thrown together without much thought and planning.

just my 2 cents, as they say

:eek:

Its kinda hard not to take offence to that! Using words like "amateurish" tends to cause offence ;)

I happen to think it looks 100x better than a certain other website.