Possible new MP character...?

Inebriated Jedi

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2013/01/kroganmace.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/28/bioware-producers-tease-potential-mass-effect-3-dlc/

BioWare released some screenshots of the upcoming DLC. That's not important. What's really intriguing is this screenshot of a Krogan with a frigging HAMMER. I've heard that the next MP DLC will release around the same time as the Citadel DLC, so I'm really hoping that this guy is an MP character.

This is simply too awesome for words.

Edited by Inebriated Jedi

Texture on his leg looks really bad which makes me think the DLC is not close to being finished. I guess the 'beggining of February' release date is not true. Well, it just gives me more time to save up so that I unlck new guns before the are nerfed (I'm sitting at 16.5 mil credits).

Anyway, I'm happy they are adding new stuff to the multiplayer and I'm really hoping for EDIbots, Protheans and Female Turians. The more variety the better.

Texture on his leg looks really bad which makes me think the DLC is not close to being finished. I guess the 'beggining of February' release date is not true. Well, it just gives me more time to save up so that I unlck new guns before the are nerfed (I'm sitting at 16.5 mil credits).

Anyway, I'm happy they are adding new stuff to the multiplayer and I'm really hoping for EDIbots, Protheans and Female Turians. The more variety the better.

Jesus! 16.5 mil, how much new stuff are you expecting? I've never saved more than 5 and maxed everything day 1 minus UR's.

Jesus! 16.5 mil, how much new stuff are you expecting? I've never saved more than 5 and maxed everything day 1 minus UR's.

I KNOW, RIGHT! I've only save up to 90,000 Credits (at one time) then I go on a spending spree.

I've join, unknowningly, to matches where they were doing the credit glitch (one of them said that he has reached 2 million Credits so far). I told them that I was recording this and was going to report them; they voted me out. :eek:

I'm not saying that esio gk did this, but that is just RIDICULOUS CREDITS!

I'm expecting Bloob Pack Punisher and I'm expecting it to be Ultra Rare. I want to unlock it before it gets the Krysae/Typhoon/Piranha treatement.

Anyway, my goal is to save 20 mil credits and when the DLC drops I will delete some DLC to increase the chance of getting the new UR. The only UR I have at 10 is Saber so even after I delete Rebellion, Earth and Retaliation I will have 1/8 chance of unlocking the new UR every time I get UR card from a pack.

Question for everyone: If it got put to a vote in some imaginary world right now and you could only have one of the two, would you pick getting a single-player DLC (Citadel or otherwise) or a few new multiplayer maps, characters and weapons?

I've almost played MP for 800 hours and loved every minute and played SP for 30 hours and hated every second. What do you think?

I'm expecting Bloob Pack Punisher and I'm expecting it to be Ultra Rare. I want to unlock it before it gets the Krysae/Typhoon/Piranha treatement.

Anyway, my goal is to save 20 mil credits and when the DLC drops I will delete some DLC to increase the chance of getting the new UR. The only UR I have at 10 is Saber so even after I delete Rebellion, Earth and Retaliation I will have 1/8 chance of unlocking the new UR every time I get UR card from a pack.

I'll delete the DLC this time as I only need 23 UR cards and 18 of them are DLC ones. I think Bioware nerfed the Typhoon/Piranha so fast because they thought everyone was doing Platinum so easy using those weapons. When actually Platinum really isn't as hard as Bioware thought it was.

Question for everyone: If it got put to a vote in some imaginary world right now and you could only have one of the two, would you pick getting a single-player DLC (Citadel or otherwise) or a few new multiplayer maps, characters and weapons?

Single player. I don't like the multiplayer. Never have. Never will. But I'm dying for new story content. So Citadel can't release fast enough. I'd love to dive back into this game. :)

I would have to say single-player DLC with new teammates (KROGAN!), hands down.

Multiplayer definitely, I'm not someone that actually enjoys having to go back and replay the story (load back Cerberus HQ) just to play new content anymore. x_x

Multiplayer DLC.

I've lost faith in BioWare's ability to make meaningful SP content at this point.

• 4 weeks later...
Maybe we should play this weekend. :woop:

Also I'd vote multi, because it'd likely be free. I'm not paying for any DLC until they fix my black screen of death.

Yah, maybe I should dive in again for old times sake, but whenever I'm craving MP I'm knifing noobs in Battlefield, scalping them from 900 yards, or blowing them up with C4 or running them over with tanks. That shit just never gets old.

Multiplayer DLC.

I've lost faith in BioWare's ability to make meaningful SP content at this point.

Sadly I'm inclined to agree.... :(

Since the Drs. Biowarefounders have both moved on and Drew K hung up his hat on them even earlier, I've lost faith in their future direction as a studio on the whole. Which after having started with them on Baldur's Gate for PC back in the day... is a sorry thing.

Think I only want the SP DLC to have a final hoorah then hang the series up for good and catch up on my backlog, finally start grabbing games I've been wanting to play still I have yet to even get, like Cybertron.

Edited by Opiate42

Think I only want the SP DLC to have a final hoorah then hang the series up for good and catch up on my backlog, finally start grabbing games I've been wanting to play still I have yet to even get, like Cybertron.

Let me know if you ever get Cybertron. I still have it, and I'd love to play Escalation with you. :p

As for the DLC, I'm hoping it's at least decent. Omega was very underwhelming, and totally not worth the asking price.