No one escapes Cidhna mine glitch *Spoliers*

O0mix0O

Xbox 360: ANY quest items in your inventory will be permanently removed following the break out from the mine, this includes dragon claws, amulets, gems, anything.

Not true, at least not now.

I did this and had that stupid glitched Amulet of Talos and when I finished the quest I still had it. Kinda wish I didn't but I may end up doing it by getting arrested before starting the amulet quest.

Same thing happened to me and it never got fixed none of the fixes worked for me. Everytime I had something to do there I would fast travel to Understone Keep Run to the Dwemer Museum then sneak immediately and no one would see me then I would sneak back out and do what I needed. Killing whatever guards necessary along the way. It was so annoying cuz there were still some stuff I needed to do there, and I didn't want my character to be like a mass guard killer, but I just had to get over it cuz personally that's the only thing I could think to do

i've got a similar problem, but i'm far past that quest now.

whenever i go to markath now, the guards stop me, give the usual speech about doing bad stuff (can't even recall what i did in the first place), but the dialogue seems to get stuck in a loop. i can't pay off the fine, and if i choose the jail option, the dialogue option just says 'whats the problem' then it goes back to the start of the talking, with the jail/fine options. none of the options solve the problem, and the guards become hostile eventually, even if i keep my weapon sheathed.

kinda annoying. first i cannot complete the theives guild questline as that glitched on me, now this. it's just sucking a lot of the enjoyment out of the game.

Edited by UberPirateNinja
spelling

• 2 months later...

i know its not a solution but a note for anyone still thinking of attempting this mission, i just completed it today (25/04/2012) and when u reach the end before you run outside into markarth i was given all my items back except for any quest items (stuff like elder scrolls, unique weapons, stones of barenziah etc) so it is still glitchy make sure you have a save before you attempt it or no important items in your inventory :)

this fucking quest sucks dick. ive just had to reload about 6 times because of glitches, so ive finally give up and loaded before it and gonna leave it for now.

agreed, helping the people of "daaaawnstaaar" with that guy was a pain in the ass. holy shit he walks to the objective like 2mph, then when i got there since i was a higher lvl there was THREE SNOW BEARS! lol he got pwnt and kept falling down, then he doesnt go to the door. very annoying.

as far as "forsworn conspiracy" goes i've never had a problem. i triggered it thru sam's "a night to remember quest" and end up staying in markarth for a while. however, i just gave myself up to the crooked guards (i figured theres no way in hell ill be stuck there forever). also, i never went to jail so it seemed interesting lol.

i helped out madanoch and the forsworn while in prison though, if you listen to their stories markarth is so dirty. that was personally one of my favorite scenes, busting out of jail with the forsworn. im not sure if they give you bounty for attacking guards with them, but i sure as hell watched the chaos :p. surprising no guard goes after me because i was wearing the forsworn outfit maddanoch gave me. (which is AWESOME, especially looks nice on my female char Zelda)

*im guessing it might also bug out if you are leaving / coming back to markarth n such? rather than staying the whole time to investigate each part of the mystery? not sure, but i do remember ES : WIKI had a bunch of notes on this quest.

Edited by niko da bos

Guest Scotty
agreed, helping the people of "daaaawnstaaar" with that guy was a pain in the ass. holy shit he walks to the objective like 2mph, then when i got there since i was a higher lvl there was THREE SNOW BEARS! lol he got pwnt and kept falling down, then he doesnt go to the door. very annoying.

as far as "forsworn conspiracy" goes i've never had a problem. i triggered it thru sam's "a night to remember quest" and end up staying in markarth for a while. however, i just gave myself up to the crooked guards (i figured theres no way in hell ill be stuck there forever). also, i never went to jail so it seemed interesting lol.

i helped out madanoch and the forsworn while in prison though, if you listen to their stories markarth is so dirty. that was personally one of my favorite scenes, busting out of jail with the forsworn. im not sure if they give you bounty for attacking guards with them, but i sure as hell watched the chaos :p. surprising no guard goes after me because i was wearing the forsworn outfit maddanoch gave me. (which is AWESOME, especially looks nice on my female char Zelda)

*im guessing it might also bug out if you are leaving / coming back to markarth n such? rather than staying the whole time to investigate each part of the mystery? not sure, but i do remember ES : WIKI had a bunch of notes on this quest.

i think this mission is only glitchy if you dont follow one of the seperate paths perfectly. if you stick to one way or another, then it should be fine. its a good quest too, very fun when it works. and the foresworn armour is one of the best looking on the game, imo. i dont use it very often as its not heavy looking enough for me, i like looking like an unstoppable force. the foresworn weapons are good too. deffinately some of the more original equipment on the game.

oh, and i would reccomend doing the mission in one sitting aswell, leaving and returning will most likely lead to some kind of problem, so it would be better to just get it done in one.

also the mission to take markath with the forsworn is cool aswell.

• 2 years later...

oOmixOo I appreciate you probably finished this a long time ago but this glitch had me in despair too. My fix may be somewhat simplistic and possibly tedious but it worked for me! Here goes:

Situation: Got rumbled, went into the mine, used speach skill to discover how to access Madanach's cell and also to convince his orc to let me in. Once inside I chose the revenge chat and went straight to killing Madanach. I must have done this silently as nobody attacked me and I slipped out via the ruins.

At this point I should add that I was not only a vampire but I had Serana with me too!

Upon exiting the ruin Thonar basically shouted vampire and attacked me. After slapping him down I realised shit had happened so I reloaded a previous save but still there was an attack immediately. To remedy many things I slapped Thonar and ran away to Cidnha Mine of all places! This enabled me to get the majority of my gear (after killing everyone inside of course) then I fast travelled away.

Many missions passed as I thought "screw going back there", however I soon discovered the inventory glitch. Many items would not appear (dragon claws were collectable but to read the code I had to lay them ob the ground before picking them up!) Finally I went back to try Compelling Tribute (Galmar's blackmail task) so I sneaked into Understone Keep expecting a battle again. Nothing. Everyone seemed to have reset to normal hostility but the quest object could not be located in the location indicated.

Here is the solution: I left the keep and went to the exit where I had last seen Thonar. He thanked me for killing Madanach, gave me his ring (steady) also all the quest shit that I forgot I had lost! Immediately I ran into the keep and sure enough, the quest item for Galmar was also now available.

Summary: time heals all ills! I did do several quests between leaving the mine and returning though. Also, my quest status for reading Madanach's note is still unchecked but I REALLY don't care now!

Hope this helps - ie DON'T GIVE UP. Take your time :)