Considering playing? Heheh, think again

If you suddenly find urself in your appartment having time on ur hands to score some chievos; DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME! U'll get around 400-something fairly easy... but some later races? Well.... Not so much....

This piece of "game" suffers from what many of you have experienced before; an utterly pathetic AI-conspiracy-to-nail-ur-@$$-mentality. You will, in course of the game encounter different angles of this phenomenon, like swirving gently through the up-hill curve, only to faceplant in a well spawned civil car, chase an opponent in a normal race , boosting away on his left side, only to be pit-maneuvered by the same car 1/2 a second later on the opposite side, defying every physical law there is a..... well... law for.... And not to mention the ever repeating AI-plot to gang-rear-end u, brake in front of u, smash in ur doors, whatever it takes to make u smash head into the forthcoming concrete-pole..... That kind of stuff.....

The "game" starts off pretty easy, with cool cinematics, making u think ur some kinda master of the universe (well I did!!), but after a little throttling some hours later, no matter what I boost my car with (engine-tuning, nitro turbo blah blah....), the "game" will ALWAYS outperformance u, making u stuck with a finger up urs for wasting all those gorgeous in-game deniros....... And for all the good in this world; DON'T buy cars with MS-points! A fellow gamer on this site experienced this the hard way; If the ride u buy this way gets impounded in-game - it's gone!!! Forever! Yeah, thx for THAT mr. Corp. Inc. (Ohhh u know who I mean!! ) When u buy fun stuff thru XBL it should stay on the GDmn HD RIGHT?

Along with more unmentioned frustration, I hereby curse this "game" and it's creators!

There... It's out and I think I can sleep 2nite.

FML.....:rant:

Edited by MrStavanger
grammer

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed 100%. I think I got around 585GS or something before I got entirely pissed off and I haven't put it in my Xbox since. I was attempting to get 100GS for winning all of the events, but it's impossible. All you get done doing is reversing out of walls and poles the AI spins you into and even when you have the fastest car in the game fully modded, you still get outrun. It's ridiculous.

The game is quite shitty I must agree, but, I don't think I regret playing it, I am just a step away from 1000 and there are much worse games then this, like Virtua Fighter, Ninja Gaiden II, Lost Planet and even Tekken 6 (Good achievement list but the game is shiiiiit)!

I am down to six more events to complete to get the all missions achievement, and they are getting really tough. Gotta finish though - can't have done 180+ events to quit now.

Then I have 2 races left to dominate, and I need to shave 20+ seconds off my best time in both. Tri City and North River Expressway. What a pain. I'll peruse the messages here for tips, but what else can you do when you have a maxxed out Bugatti and are just plagued with malicious oncoming traffic.

I've been trying to get the multiplayer ones without resorting to leaving my system on in a cops & robbers lobby, but there are so few people playing. I wonder if I'll ever get the 8 player achievement.

it's up and down... typical game.

I like it when you lead is like 12 seconds... and then 5 seconds later you get passed....

I like it when you'll watch a AI driver smash THROUGH oncoming traffic and then will somehow spin the traffic right in front of you. I like how the AI can do a hairpin at 150mph+ while you have to slow to about 65MPH....

I like the road battles... when you get ahead the traffic is heavy... when the AI gets ahead the traffic almost disappears.

AND my biggie... sprints... you're always at the end of the pack... the first "wwave" of cars hold you up while the front 2 drive off and get a dammed good head start!!!

BUT it is fun....I like the NFS series.. Not the best. but fun none the less

You wanna talk pissed... right now I just saved carmen and I have no races to run...the only 2 things I haven't won/dominated are 2 checkpoint races... 1 of them I can't even run a good track and get to the 1st marker ( in a Auido TT with racing upgrades and tuned or RX7 racing tuned).... and the other checkpoint I can run a perfect race but never make the 3rd checkpoint.

Can't get better cars either....

I am down to six more events to complete to get the all missions achievement, and they are getting really tough. Gotta finish though - can't have done 180+ events to quit now.

Then I have 2 races left to dominate, and I need to shave 20+ seconds off my best time in both. Tri City and North River Expressway. What a pain. I'll peruse the messages here for tips, but what else can you do when you have a maxxed out Bugatti and are just plagued with malicious oncoming traffic.

I've been trying to get the multiplayer ones without resorting to leaving my system on in a cops & robbers lobby, but there are so few people playing. I wonder if I'll ever get the 8 player achievement.

use the mclaren f1 fast and sort cuts are all over that ti city rumn if i rem corr hope that helps

This game is not that hard (910 GS, dominated the special races), the traffic may be a little trouble (specially when the track forces you to drive against traffic) but you can always accelerate fast after crashing with the NOS (i use it while i'm in 3rd or 4th gear) And in the highway battles (more traffic than usual) you can use the racebreaker when you have to pass between two cars or when you are about crashing.

What i really find annoying in this game are the brakes. I'm used to brake almost every corner (i learned to race in Gran turismo 1, 2 and 4) and in this game i feel the brakes more difficult to control. In fact, i prefer to release the gas a little or to touch (gently) the walls because breaking slow me more than a soft touch to the wall.

By the way kall5ter, if you can't find a race, go to map and select "available" and you'll see all the races that you haven't won but appeared some time ago.

Edited by sircamjim

i think i have bang on 400G because some of the races disappeared as i progressed (the ones i had to do to get certain achievements)

Press either LT/RT or LB/RB (can't remember) on the GPS Map to scroll through the different options and allow you to see the races that are below your wheelman level.

Just finished the game off yesterday. I was struggling with North River Expressway as well. I was more 20 senconds off without ever using NoS. I used the Bugatti and just boosted out of every turn and after collisions. Boost to top speed on the straights and dont waste it at 251 your car wont go any faster. After a few attempts I made it down to 10 seconds off then a few more got the ach. After I got that the level 14 races really were not that bad. I would assume you can do this with any level 1 car and probaby the level 2 Lambo if you are good.

I have to agree with the OP, this game seems to have an unforgiving bunch of A.I. whose sole purpose in-game is to destroy you! I also have a fondness for those invisible bumps that send my car into the effing air! I'll be dominating a race only then for me to nitro into a hairpin and launch into orbit! How does that work!?

I'm pretty disappointed in Undercover as I bloomin' loved Most Wanted.

• 3 months later...

Seriously those of you having trouble with the AI passing you must suck at driving games lol

I can quite easily gain 10sec leads in every race.... ;o

Really enjoyed this game, got 700 GS easy, now looking to finish it off.

Edit: there was one thing that pissed me off, after spending 500k on a tier 1 car, doing it all up and ending up getting busted for a stupid mistake and not having the cash to pay the fine....bye bye car lol

Edited by Killerchronic

• 2 weeks later...
If you suddenly find urself in your appartment having time on ur hands to score some chievos; DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME! U'll get around 400-something fairly easy... but some later races? Well.... Not so much....

This piece of "game" suffers from what many of you have experienced before; an utterly pathetic AI-conspiracy-to-nail-ur-@$$-mentality. You will, in course of the game encounter different angels of this phenomenon, like swirving gently through the up-hill curve, only to faceplant in a well spawned civil car, chase an opponent in a normal race , boosting away on his left side, only to be pit-maneuvered by the same car 1/2 a second later on the opposite side, defying every physical law there is a..... well... law for.... And not to mention the ever repeting AI-plot to gang-rear-end u, brake in front of u, smash in ur doors, whatever it takes to make u smash head into the forthcoming concrete-pole..... That kind of stuff.....

The "game" starts off pretty easy, with cool cinematics, making u think ur some kinda master of the universe (well I did!!), but after a little throttling some hours later, no matter what I boost my car with (engine-tuning, nitro turbo blah blah....), the "game" will ALWAYS outperformance u, making u stuck with a finger up urs for wasting all those gorgeous in-game deniros....... And for all the good in this world; DON'T buy cars with MS-points! A fellow gamer on this site experienced this the hard way; If the ride u buy this way gets impounded in-game - it's gone!!! Forever! Yeah, thx for THAT mr. Corp. Inc. (Ohhh u know who I mean!! ) When u buy fun stuff thru XBL it should stay on the GDmn HD RIGHT?

Along with more unmentioned frustration, I hereby curse this "game" and it's creators!

Its not that hard just get a Tier 1 car the highest performance and handling package and then tune your car for acceleration a little and then dont hit everything in sight, the AI is bad to the point that there are some that all they want to do is wreck you. it just seems like you don't need to play a racing game if you can't beat the AI.

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/D+x+NICE.png

100% Retail Completion

MLB 2K6, Splinter Cell: Conviction (1250), CSI: Deadly Intent, Madden NFL 08, Assassin’s Creed, Prince of Persia: TFS, NHL 2K6, COD: MW2, Backyard Football ’10, Prison Break, King Kong, CSI- Hard Evidence, Madden NFL 06, Assassin’s Creed II, TMNT, NBA 2K6, Avatar: TLA: TBE, Surf’s Up, NFS Most Wanted

100% Arcade Completion

Galaga, Uno, Spyglass Board Games

Working On

Mass Effect 2 (53 of 54), NFS: Undercover (48 of 50)

Willing to boost anything I have. If you need help just let me know. GT= D x NICE.

• 2 months later...

This piece of "game" suffers from what many of you have experienced before; an utterly pathetic AI-conspiracy-to-nail-ur-@$$-mentality. You will, in course of the game encounter different angels of this phenomenon, like swirving gently through the up-hill curve, only to faceplant in a well spawned civil car, chase an opponent in a normal race , boosting away on his left side, only to be pit-maneuvered by the same car 1/2 a second later on the opposite side, defying every physical law there is a..... well... law for.... And not to mention the ever repeting AI-plot to gang-rear-end u, brake in front of u, smash in ur doors, whatever it takes to make u smash head into the forthcoming concrete-pole..... That kind of stuff.....

The only complaint I have against this game is that I found it far too easy. :p I bought the Lamborghini Murciélago and the Bugatti Veyron and upgraded their performance to max and, aside from maybe 1,2 or 3 races, you can win a race without paying much attention. Sometimes it takes a few tries, but you should be able to win every race pretty easily.

This game is a easy 1000 gamerscore, the only hard achievements is the one that requires you to win a race online with 8 players, because hardly anyone plays online. But if you can just set up a boosting session for that particular achievement the 1000 gs is a piece of cake.;)

Oh, and I absolutely love this game.:)

ONE chievo to go, and I will appreciate any aid.

I'm going for the "First Of Many" (win against 7 ppl online), but very few play this nowadays...

Friday, November 5th 2010 will be boosting-day, and hopefully be the day this game meets its maker. May it rest in peace.

Hook up if u're interested.

-Tata