Rage graphcs = stomach glitch

chach7171

Maybe it's just me and it probably is but has anyone else felt queasy while playing this game? I swear this has never happened in a game before, maybe it's because it's a fps but you just kinda glide along instead of walk. Or maybe it's the high frame rate lol. I've literally found I can't play this for more than 40 minutes otherwise my eyes go all weird and I feel like shit.

Maybe it's just me and it probably is but has anyone else felt queasy while playing this game? I swear this has never happened in a game before, maybe it's because it's a fps but you just kinda glide along instead of walk. Or maybe it's the high frame rate lol. I've literally found I can't play this for more than 40 minutes otherwise my eyes go all weird and I feel like shit.

Ask your doctor if he can make patch to fix that glitch.

No but seriously, you may have slight motion sickness. If you are of age I would suggest buying some generic travel tabs along the lines of Gravol. In some people even antihistamine can have a calming effect. Remember to always follow directions on the package, and if you have drug allergies, check with a doctor before taking any kind of medication.

Very bizzare, I can play Battlefield 3 for days but 40 minutes of this and my eyes are tired as hell and i feel like my stomach's turned lol. You'd think working on a lobster boat for 2 years when I was younger would be the worst thing for motion sickness and even then I was fine! Damn you video games you can't do this to me hahah.

I would say it's to do with your character moves in this game. If you move left to right, it sort of sways, rather than just strafing left to right. Almost like the swaying of being on a boat, so I can understand why it may cause people to get motion sickness; although it hasn't affected me.

I'd say take some travel sick pills like the above poster suggested.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you play computer games much? That's the first thing I noticed when I first started playing. The movement felt more like a PC game like Doom or Quake. It's a fast smooth movement feeling. I like it! The graphics are dull though. I was hoping it would have better resolution. It feels like they rushed this game and never really polished it. It could have been much better if they delayed it until it was polished.

• 1 month later...

This is happening to me too!!! I'm also 32 and have never ever had a problem with video games before and I've played alot and for extended periods. The problem is I think, that because this game has "loot" ur eyes are trying to scan or take in the whole scene looking for that flash of an item or an out of place graphic. It's when I move or turn move my eyes get and I feel weird. It helps if u move a bit and then slowly pan around, but it's very annoying. During action or combat, when I'm focusing on just shooting an enemy or dodging there is no problem. But as soon as my brain switchs back to "scan" mode I feel funny.

I personally dont have this problem but I know people that do. Im sure it is different for everyone but my gf says wellspring makes her sick. She says its because of all of the turning around corners, probably because most of the areas in this game are tight confined spaces. She doesnt have problems with the racing or minigames its just the walking and shooting.

• 3 weeks later...

i just played the demo to see if i'd like this game (haven't heard much about it) but i can't get used to it. if you look left or right with :rs: it makes you sick, more of a head ache though. its not motion sickness its the graphics. im hoping someone can tell me its something they've fixed in the game because its absolutely terrible. ive adjusted the x and y sensitivity but you literally cannot play this game without moving the camera angle. its unbearable but the game looks great and i'd love to play it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I get games and cant play them. Very rare though. But I know what you mean about them making your feel sick.

Often you get used to them though - sounds like you have :)

I did a bit of reading about it a few years ago and one tip I got was to have a light on in the room youre playing in. It doesnt have to bright, but it can help your brain realise you are in a room playing, rather than actually in the game.

I can see this happening more and more as games get more realistic.