Finding A Rotten Egg

reaper527

There is plenty of information about how to duplicate the eggs, but not so much info about where to find them. All that is out there is "get it at some point after 4-1".

If anyone is having trouble finding a rotten egg to start your duplicating spree, here is what i did:

1. go to level 4-1 (veteran difficulty) with a shotgun that has high capacity and alot of ammo

2. kill the spiders at the beginning of the level.

3. once you get to the first door, if you have an egg, save and quit. if you didn't find an egg, quit without saving your inventory.

i managed to get my rotten egg on my 3rd run doing this, and it only took about 15 minutes total.

also worth mentioning, when you start 4-1, you will find some spiders, then as you progress, you will get to the ladder. 3 more spiders will come up from behind the ladder. after killing these, you can explore the ground floor to find a trilliant topaz, and then when you walk back towards the ladder, an additional 5 or so spiders will spawn.

I didn't get a single rotten egg from Spiders.

in my case the Licers where the ones that dropped all the rottens I got after first playthrough. tbh during my second attempt which was co-op on pro we didn't get even single rotten egg. unles we overlooked it but we was gathering all the stuff till the last three chapters.

i have picked up 1 rotten egg from 3 playthroughs

thank god for the glitch

i cant confirm this but someone on here said if you put a regular egg in your inventry, and just have it sitting there it will actually go rotten over the course of the game

might be true might be bollox but it's worth a try if you are really struggling finding one of these

Edited by cheeky 315

• 2 weeks later...

I actually can confirm this. I just finished the game last night and never got a rotten egg as a drop. I had a brown egg in my inventory(in the stash, not on either of my characters) that I had picked up from the chicken farm in chapter 3-1. I was managing my items after having died in right before the first Wesker fight and noticed that the brown egg had become a rotten egg.

I found my First Doing this method, without realising it!

Second was by blowing up all the guys after you defeat the 2nd Uroboros bloke

Final one? Killed All the Lickers before i started the Lift!

Then Glitch Ahoy!