• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one question guys..

what are the hours for spring 2011 to play ? [time Europe?]

You can check it on the game menu.

This Saturday it is 2000-2030 then 2100-2130

Sunday 1200-1230 & i believe 1300-1330. There is another session on at 1500 hours and 1600 hours on Sunday too.

There is also sessions on Tuesday & Wednesday next week.

Hope this helps.

Atticus, check out the video I made in http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4086164#post4086164

It's not really a guide, but just 5 matches demonstrating my style of play for the Knockout games. It doesn't follow the guide 100%, but it's close enough.

GAY!!!! she keeps having a better kicker than me i had 3 Q's with 6 kicker she had 3 Q's with 7 kicker AHHHHHHHHH BITCH!!!!

Ty.

But i have a problem..

In Italy we dont have a DLC, i have downloading DLC with another account [uSA] and now i have joined with my account [italy] but i dont see DLC in the menu..

The DLC is region specific. So you may have to play on the US account. See if it shows you the DLC menu on your US account.

You may have to wait until they roll it out to the rest of the world.

Times i gave you were for UK.

Another method to get easy XP is playing against Pro Takedown: Johnny Spade.

The guy is as aggressive as Larry Louche, he's just a tad more consistent but he's still a quick Win/Loss game. The only problem is you're probably going to visit the ATM sometimes because he gets some lucky shots. Two times faster than you play against Larry though.

Another method to get easy XP is playing against Pro Takedown: Johnny Spade.

The guy is as aggressive as Larry Louche, he's just a tad more consistent but he's still a quick Win/Loss game. The only problem is you're probably going to visit the ATM sometimes because he gets some lucky shots. Two times faster than you play against Larry though.

I think everyone has their own preference. I am going to update the guide to say that it's best to play with whoever you feel more comfortable playing against.

I think everyone has their own preference. I am going to update the guide to say that it's best to play with whoever you feel more comfortable playing against.
IMO, Daisy plays too passive compared to Johnny after a little experimenting and usually what I just do is keep hammering the Y while I'm browsing on the net. I only lose 10k if I lose compared to Daisy's 50k so it's not a huge loss.

It's also good for players who haven't won the 500k from the Pro Tournament who are usually relying on the Cash Advance a lot. Sometimes they fold so long that you can get 10k+ XP on Winning Streaks alone.

IMO, Daisy plays too passive compared to Johnny after a little experimenting and usually what I just do is keep hammering the Y while I'm browsing on the net. I only lose 10k if I lose compared to Daisy's 50k so it's not a huge loss.

It's also good for players who haven't won the 500k from the Pro Tournament who are usually relying on the Cash Advance a lot. Sometimes they fold so long that you can get 10k+ XP on Winning Streaks alone.

That's not the best way to play it. You should be playing the flop. see the flop everytime, if you get something check and daisy will raise then at the end call her all in and she will 9/10 follow you all in.

Don't get anything on the flop then fold. I find this method very very easy. Like i said earlier level 39-50 in 2 hours doing this. Beating her on average 7th hand. No risk!

That's not the best way to play it. You should be playing the flop. see the flop everytime, if you get something check and daisy will raise then at the end call her all in and she will 9/10 follow you all in.

Don't get anything on the flop then fold. I find this method very very easy. Like i said earlier level 39-50 in 2 hours doing this. Beating her on average 7th hand. No risk!

I know, but it's a good tip for those who aren't too interested in focusing. I just do other stuff and keep hammering the Y. I'm at LVL 40 so far. (:

I used that strat for the Pro Tournament earlier today and worked like a charm, I got to say the PT achievement is the hardest in game IMO since it's pretty tough to get the Pay In back if you haven't slapped Daisy around for a while.

I didn't realize 'Behindtimes' was on this site. If anyone remembers, it was he and 'Patch of blue' that were constantly the top scorers on the 1 Vs 100 live matches. I beat them a couple times but whoopideedoo.

Anyway, OT: I mentioned this in the other "guide" but you might want to add for 'Stylish Host' that you do not need to unlock anything. You can change the default color of the cards, table and chairs and it will unlock.

Great guide, although it could use a bit of grammar and spelling clean-up. Just letting you know in case you were looking for perfection, not trying to nit-pick.

I didn't realize 'Behindtimes' was on this site. If anyone remembers, it was he and 'Patch of blue' that were constantly the top scorers on the 1 Vs 100 live matches. I beat them a couple times but whoopideedoo.

Anyway, OT: I mentioned this in the other "guide" but you might want to add for 'Stylish Host' that you do not need to unlock anything. You can change the default color of the cards, table and chairs and it will unlock.

Great guide, although it could use a bit of grammar and spelling clean-up. Just letting you know in case you were looking for perfection, not trying to nit-pick.

Spelling should be fine, But i will double check. I'll prob go over my grammer at somepoint. I have been editing like a crazy man last day or so. My grammer isn't so good anyway.

Yeh i know you don't need to unlock anything. I think it kind of says that, but i have added that you go unlock other items along the way for the users who are unaware.

- Number of missable achievements: 6 - Stylish Host; It's Like the Wave; Extra Tricky; Trickster; I See the Future; Hollywooding

This is my first guide. So be kind!

Nice guide and being as kind as I can, I think the number of missable achievements should be 0. What I think they mean is an achievement that if you miss at a certain point in the game, would require another complete play through.

An example would be "Get Some Grub" or "Little Rocket Man" in The Orange Box. Miss these in the beginning and there's no way to go back and get these achievements.

However, any of the achievements you listed here can be obtained at any time. Just complete the requirements needed and the achievement is yours.

Again, good guide.

Nice guide and being as kind as I can, I think the number of missable achievements should be 0. What I think they mean is an achievement that if you miss at a certain point in the game, would require another complete play through.

An example would be "Get Some Grub" or "Little Rocket Man" in The Orange Box. Miss these in the beginning and there's no way to go back and get these achievements.

However, any of the achievements you listed here can be obtained at any time. Just complete the requirements needed and the achievement is yours.

Again, good guide.

I understand what you are saying, But look at it this way.

If you play poker without looking at the guide, possibly without even studying the achievements. You can miss the ones i have stated.

Missable to me, means something you have to go out your way to do. Something that wont unlock with standard play.

The DLC is region specific. So you may have to play on the US account. See if it shows you the DLC menu on your US account.

You may have to wait until they roll it out to the rest of the world.

No, i have donwload the DLC but i dont see DLC in account USA / UK / ITA ....

why... ?

only we italian have this problem ?

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but Level 50 is reached at 1 million points.

Yeh i suppose that could be added to the guide. It kind of puts grinding in a bad perspective! 100 pro-take downs at 10k XP each! haha Grim, although i must have done close to that.

It can be counted as a glitch for anyone with WP7 and both games who have completed it on their phone first, it's screwed for me too, although the number of people this affects could be minor, might be nice to see it highlighted in the main guide until it's patched. Oh and cheers for the cracking guide too :)

One suggestion to those who do have both would be for them to get the achievement on XBLA first by beating Larry or either of the other two if you haven't got to them yet on your phone, then go complete the pro takedowns on WP7. Haven't seen any mention of the Final Table achievement being glitched but as these cross over as well it could be a possibility.

When it becomes a wide spread glitch i may consider updating. At the moment there is few people if not that being the only person who has experienced this.

I know a lot of people who have this achievement.

It happens to all people who started and finished the WP7 version before playing the Xbox 360 version. It happened to me and to all the people on that thread;

So, yes, it is widespread. But there is a conditional thing to happen. I cannot confirm but it may happen in the WP7 version if you start the Xbox 360 version first.

It is worth updating the guide as it may warn the people to start first the Xbox 360 version.

Again, it is not impossible to get the achievement, but if you have played the WP7 version first it is impossible at the moment.

I didn't see this mentioned, but it would seem that I See The Future and Extra Tricky have to be unlocked online. I tried both of these several times in the singleplayer mode to no avail, but they popped right away when attempting them in an online game.

And I agree with Zot regarding missable achievements. I don't feel that playing another match is going out of your way to get achievements because it is just a normal part of how the game is played. If you only played one tournament, it might be a different story, but people are going to be playing over and over anyway; it's simply not the same as restarting the game or reloading an old save.

The only missable achievements should the DLC ones as they will only be available for a limited time.

Updated with dlc achievements! Let me know if you have any questions!

Hey, thanks for the awesome guide :) Just got this last night and couldn't stop!

I dont think anyone has mentioned on this guide about the Hoodie you unlock for gaining your first level? [Or in the "awardables" section?] (correct if wrong)

I took picture for reference if anyone fancies it. Ignore my L4D2 Medi Pack :uzi:

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2144/pokerhoodie.png