Mr. Chau not even showing on the map?

Maybe you just have really bad luck. Have you tried doing Stage 3-2 over and over again (singleplayer)? For most people, this is the best way to make Mr. Chau appear. You usually have to defeat Todd Ingram around 3 times, sometimes more, sometimes less. I once had to beat him 7-9 times before Mr. Chau appeared.

After each fight, take a look at the map, also check the area around the first stage (overworld map) as he might appear there and I believe he would not be visible from Stage 3-2. It might take a few tries, but sometimes it just comes down to persistence.:) Hope this helps.

Edited by STOMACHofSTEEL

• 2 weeks later...

Oh god Mr. Chau! Earlier this week, I was having the same trouble! I came back to get the Chaudown achievement, and I still needed Mr. Chau as a striker too.

Anyway, I spent a long afternoon trying to get him to show up while playing as Stills (game uncompleted, since he's the only one I hadn't beat the game on yet). He popped up once and I lost, and after that he never showed up! I kept defeating Todd many, many times but he never re-appeared since that first time.

So the next day I tried using Kim-Pine instead and after beating Todd, Lucas, etc (basically jumping from ex to ex randomly) he appeared pretty quickly and I beat/unlocked him!

P.S- Usually he comes up more often if you're low on health, and sometimes he's been known to appear at the sound check/radio tower part of the world map.

• 4 months later...

Yeah I was beginning to wonder if there was some glitch for him too because I'd never seen him before. I was on my last playthrough and he finally just happened to appear. Then, after finishing it with Stills and started playing through on Supreme Master he showed up again! Stupid game, doesn't show up for ages and then he appears twice in quick succession.