very disapointed in the game

i also read the thread on the guy bitching this game and tho i agreed with some points he was mainly just lazy

i have atleast given it a go, but its just too poorly designed for me the quest maps terrible there are no indications where to go at all for things when you select them as current task

i love rpg's oblivion was great ans skyrim and even dragons age 1 and 2

and im getting dragons dogma on release date

just cant get into this at all

i have a signed copy from the developers hopefully can recoup as much of cost back as can

i also read the thread on the guy bitching this game and tho i agreed with some points he was mainly just lazy

i have atleast given it a go, but its just too poorly designed for me the quest maps terrible there are no indications where to go at all for things when you select them as current task

i love rpg's oblivion was great ans skyrim and even dragons age 1 and 2

and im getting dragons dogma on release date

just cant get into this at all

i have a signed copy from the developers hopefully can recoup as much of cost back as can

This is partially true but not completely. The main quests have markers where, or atleast near the update. The side quests like "the nekker contract" for example don't have markers but if you read the discription it tells you where to go. All you have to do is read a little and then explore the area.I also noticed once you get in the general area of an update the marker sometimes disappears, this just means you're there...look arround for the person you need.

From all the crap i've read about the map and quest tracking on this site i thought it would be near impossible to follow but i was wrong. It really isn't all that bad. The only major complaint i have is there is no way to tell if an update is above or below you sometimes. But again once you learn the area a bit even this comes a bit clearer.

This is partially true but not completely. The main quests have markers where, or atleast near the update. The side quests like "the nekker contract" for example don't have markers but if you read the discription it tells you where to go. All you have to do is read a little and then explore the area.I also noticed once you get in the general area of an update the marker sometimes disappears, this just means you're there...look arround for the person you need.

From all the crap i've read about the map and quest tracking on this site i thought it would be near impossible to follow but i was wrong. It really isn't all that bad. The only major complaint i have is there is no way to tell if an update is above or below you sometimes. But again once you learn the area a bit even this comes a bit clearer.

Yeah really all it takes is to get to know the area look at your map for the best path and walla instant gratification :D

The game is good although it could use a better navigation system

I haven't had any trouble with the maps but the game itself just isn't keeping me entertained. I'm "ploughing" through for achievements but this just hasn't been my style. Was hoping for something after Dark Souls but I'm afraid I've been tainted. Even Skyrim hasn't been as fun

I know people are upset with the maps, but I think I see why CD Projekt Red decided to not give too detailed a map. Having played many an RPG over the years they have become much less about exploring the world and immersion and more: go here, kill that, speak to this person. Even worse, there are entire Wikias devoted to games now, even though I used them on occasion, I hate myself for it as having an exact location and walkthrough ruins the challenge of the game.

Having just a marker on occasion is all we need, you will most likely end up attempting to explore anyway so you'll eventually find what you are looking for. Make sure to pick up every quest you find and when you walk past doing other quests, you can kill two birds with one stone.

If you don't like it, thats fine, but I'm sure you can persevere a bit more if you try and look at it from a different viewpoint. This isn't a game that is meant to be methodical, or a walkthrough, but is trying to engage you in not just the story, but the world.

I think the second chapter mining city is horribly designed, been there for a few hours now and just trying to get across the map to the first arm wrestle guy seems to be to me at least to be impossible, it is on so many levels and the icon doesnt show at what level he is on. i think if u are going to make a mining city like this then the map has to be very good and maybe a direction arrow or something to help which this has neither. Which doesnt mean more exploration it just makes for massive frustration as u cannot navigate to where u want to go which is a little bit of a game breaker for me. I do love the game and will stick with it but just drives me mad sometimes.

Edited by Suki

I think the second chapter mining city is horribly designed, been there for a few hours now and just trying to get across the map to the first arm wrestle guy seems to be to me at least to be impossible, it is on so many levels and the icon doesnt show at what level he is on. i think if u are going to make a mining city like this then the map has to be very good and maybe a direction arrow or something to help which this has neither. Which doesnt mean more exploration it just makes for massive frustration as u cannot navigate to where u want to go which is a little bit of a game breaker for me. I do love the game and will stick with it but just drives me mad sometimes.
Yeah the start of chapter 2 was tough for navigation but it gets better as you learn the map. Also if you are trying to arm wrestle first don't. I tried this as well and the update was unreachable (atleast it seemed to be). I did the mining quest first with the dwarfs and after that quest they all went to the inn and i got all of them there, one after the other.

Hope this helps.

I know people are upset with the maps, but I think I see why CD Projekt Red decided to not give too detailed a map. Having played many an RPG over the years they have become much less about exploring the world and immersion and more: go here, kill that, speak to this person. Even worse, there are entire Wikias devoted to games now, even though I used them on occasion, I hate myself for it as having an exact location and walkthrough ruins the challenge of the game.

Having just a marker on occasion is all we need, you will most likely end up attempting to explore anyway so you'll eventually find what you are looking for. Make sure to pick up every quest you find and when you walk past doing other quests, you can kill two birds with one stone.

If you don't like it, thats fine, but I'm sure you can persevere a bit more if you try and look at it from a different viewpoint. This isn't a game that is meant to be methodical, or a walkthrough, but is trying to engage you in not just the story, but the world.

This.

Modern Games have made Us(Players) Lazy and Uncreative. Unable to think on our own.

This is why I enjoy The Witcher 2 and its game Design.

It's not an open world like Skyrim or Fallout, but the stages are rather big. See it as a combination between Mass Effect and Skyrim. The story is more on rails like ME, but the world you can explore is more like Skyrim.

To put it simple:

Story on rails: Mass Effect > The Witcher > Skyrim

Open world to explore: Skyrim > The Witcher > Mass Effect

I found the map helpful. The only time I had a problem with the map was during the Nekker and the Endrega contracts because the individual nests aren't marked and I ended up running around the whole forest looking for them. But I love games that make me work for a reward instead of holding my hand all the way. In real life you don't get an X to mark the spot - why should you get one here all the time? I agree with previous post that claim games are turning us (the players) lazy and whiny. So, to all of you out there that don't like this game or this genre - there are a lot more games and genres out there. All you need is to choose the one for you.

I never really had a problem with the map and really enjoyed this game. It had some grunt in it which alot of fantasy hasn't got these days a real fantasy game for adults. The combat is pretty good and the way they did the non-linear aspect of the story was great. It has a steep learning curve I found combat wise but after I got used to it I fully enjoyed my three playthroughs including the dark mode one.

I wouldn't say Im disappointed in this game, it's just to damm hard and complicated. Im a hack and slasher...so Dragon Age and Skyrim were perfect for me. I like the story, im just too impatien to play this. My buddy was telling me you have to apply oils to your sword and armor before a battle....I never did that and died...alot. So Im ok with moving on, this game just isn't for me.

I'm interested in this game, since the videos I've seen look pretty detailed and I like that. But I want to see more, maybe a demo. It's being compared to Skyrim and that's good...I just hope it's not glitchy as it was for me.

NOPE..NOTHING like Skyrim. Skyrim is a hack and slash compared to this.

So many bitching about the map and quest markers

If you have an IQ higher than 5 it inst really that difficult to navigate..

No need to be a dick, either make your case with reasons why you feel the way you do like a grown up or move on. Edited by Carmona

• 1 month later...
I'm interested in this game, since the videos I've seen look pretty detailed and I like that. But I want to see more, maybe a demo. It's being compared to Skyrim and that's good...I just hope it's not glitchy as it was for me.

I didn't experience a single glitch when playing! This game is about as solid as they come. I'm in awe of how a small independant Polish studio was able to come out with something so brilliant on their first attempt.

(Anyone corrent me if they have done more games?)

This.

Modern Games have made Us(Players) Lazy and Uncreative. Unable to think on our own.

This is why I enjoy The Witcher 2 and its game Design.

Tell me about it! I loved how in depth it was. I love RPGs were I can spend up to an hour reading stuff and examining my inventory to optimise my battle performance. I loved how in this game (unlike Skyrim) potions were actually useful! The enhancements and mutagens too were excellent. Having the right combination of bombs/traps/potion active effects/resistences and sword play makes for one hell of a satisfying combat system!! I really can't get over how impressed I was with this game. I will happily say that I rate it in my Top 10. It's a game the isn't affraid to make people think about what they're doing, it's challenging (to say the least) and it doesn't insult your intelligence - So many games insist on holding your hands throughout and giving endless tutorials and message alerts on what to do - not here! It just lets you get on with it in your own way. I really respect the developers for not watering it down like so many other games. The Witcher 2 is certainly for RPG fans, not just any old gamer.

One of the only other RPG's that I truly fell for - and which I still rate above The Witcher 2 - is Lost Odyssey! That game was incredible! :)

its an alright game,no where near as great as people say

Voice Acting is damn terrible as well

Hardly, I thought it was pretty good to be honest!! You can't say there are games out there that aren't miles worse! Sure, it doesn't have the actor names that Mass Effect games boast, but the actors/actresses in The Witcher 2 are certainly not incapable. Remember, it's a big cast with loads of main characters. I can understand what you mean with some of the secondary characters but in the long run this game did well for its voice acting quality.

• 1 month later...

I hate RPGs, but I LOVED this game. I was convinced to give it a go, and I did, but I really disliked it at first, yet something compelled me to play on. it was a good 6-8 hours of play before it just suddenly clicked with me, and then I couldn't put it down.

I ADORE the game. My game of the year without a doubt. I thought it was incredible. It had issues. I didn't think the map was the worst one. Also I thought the voice acting was some of the best in games.

Its even inspired me to try other RGs now, like Amalur.

• 2 weeks later...