Kidnapped Spouse?

MewMew

Anybody know if it's still possible for me to have my spouse kidnapped? I went home after some adventuring, and was immediately attacked by someone named Rochelle the Red. Killed her and thought little else of it as I couldn't find info about her on the wiki. Well, the roommate just got the new, updated Skyrim guide, and in it is mention that Rochelle is involved in the kidnap of your spouse. Since I killed her does that mean nobody will kidnap my spouse later if I move houses? My housecarl attacked Rochelle as soon as she showed up which would have prevented my spouse from being kidnapped even if I hadn't joined the fight. It's not something important enough to me to reload saves and try again as I've had the house too long to reload to before the housecarl showed up, but it would be nice to do the kidnap mission without having to make a new character if moving to a house without a housecarl would trigger it to happen again.

Otherwise I'll just have to wait for Hearthfire to be released for PC, as I don't plan to make any new characters until we get the game for PC.

When my spouse got kidnapped when I looted the body of a bandit he had a ransom note as soon as I read it it started a quest to rescue her. The quest ended straight away though as if I'd completed it, possibly because I killed the bandit. My wife was not in my house so I had to go to the cave the note mentions and she was just walking about she even said good to see you dear as I entered lol. I had to initiate her as a follower then suggest we part ways to get her to return home. I have since moved to solitude and had no more kidnappings