Good FREE MMOs to play?

Joker0fLife

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9Dragons is pretty good, while it's a lot of grinding like most Korean MMO's it still has some pretty cool stuff about it. It's basically set in ancient China, and revolves around martial arts, and nine different clans.

Also try Anarchy Online, you can play the main game for free, but the expansion still requires a subscription, but it's still wicked. It came out 8 years ago to much praise, and was designed as a pay-to-play and only became free afterwards, so it's quality. The only thing about it though is it has a pretty steep learning curve.

You can also try Silkroad Online, although it requires grinding...and a lot of it. It has some pretty wicked cool stuff, but before you can access most of them you have to play a lot, and you have to play for much longer before you're high enough level for it to actually be able to do the Theif/Trader/Guardian (I forget what the last is called exactly) without being ganked by the high levels. Also what I have to say about this game is based on what I played years ago, and I know they've added a lot since I stopped. (Like being able to play as a European and dual-wield (as a European) But I can't say to just how much it's changed.

Edited by Hero Of Acre

I'm always looking for good MMOs and can never come across any, paid or free.

I had found a decent one a few months back but about a week into playing it the servers went down for like a week for some severe maintenance and I ended up just forgetting about the game...if I can find it again, I'll come back and post.

Ultima Online has some pretty awesome free-shards. Although, if you've never played the game before you are probably going to be confused as hell.

Crikey, not played runescape for years! I agree with the suggestion though, it's unbelievabley addicting and will take hours upon hours of your life away :p

It really will, I use to love runescape a couple of years ago. I'd suggest giving it a try :)

I know you dont want to pay but City of Heroes and Villians is well worth it!

You just pay for the game and every thing else is free, even the new updates and patches! I got hooked on it for a year and a bit and it was fun! Who doesnt want to create there own Hero and fly?

I recommend it and you'll have a blast!

I've played RuneScape for about 4 years, and it was fun. Most of the time, anyways. It seems stale now, though.

If you don't like that, try Fiesta. It's more of an anime MMO, but it's still got all the fighting elements in it.

And I've also played Conquer Online, but I found it repetitive. I quit after a while because the download would randomly shut off my computer and my mom got pissed at me for that. :mad:

• 1 month later...