A Tale of Pure Misery!...

Mumbles

OK so all I need now for the expert of war cheevo is 88 C4 kills, which doesn't bother me because they will come no problem just from playing...and a 10 killstreak with the M200. So far I have done everything legit..no boosting. Now first of all I would like to say that I think the M200 is quite possibly the worst gun I have ever used in any video game. The fact that it is in this game in its current state baffles me. Its supposedly the more accurate and powerful of the two snipers yet it will be beaten hands down everytime by the M110. Last night when I was playing I was using this gun to try and get the killstreaks. I got a few kills in, we lost the first area but I moved back in good time, set up, got a few more kills and at the point that we won the second area to tie the game I was 9-0 with one full round left to play. I was all alone back in the last area and all I had to do was move slowly up and get one kill with plenty of time to do it...ONE KILL! That was until some obviously butt sore individual decided to scour the whole back area and use an air strike just to kill me!....seriously why?!..WHY?!..I've never felt so frustrated at a video game.

I hate sniping..I'm not that type of player. I prefer to get involved right in the thick of it capping bases, blowing vehicles up, killing folk and generally just trying to win. But now because of this I'm probly gonna have to spend another countless age trying to get this damn killstreak and playing the game in a completely un-enjoyable way to me. Which brings me rather long windedly to my point. Why do the developers put these achievements in MP that force you to play in a certain way?. I don't like deathmatch, I prefer objective based games but they force me play at least 100 games of DM, which takes away my enjoyment..WHY?! I don't like sniping or snipers (with the exception of BFBC2 which took skill) but they force ridiculous challenges on me so that I have to snipe..which basically renders me useless to the team, forces me to camp like a girl and makes me of no use to the people that actually want to win the game. MP cheevos should not force people to play in a certain way because whats the point in playing how you dont want to..It just takes away the fun, creates frustration and makes it seem pointless. By all means make MP cheevos hard to get but not in way that alienates the user from the game.

I was all alone back in the last area and all I had to do was move slowly up and get one kill with plenty of time to do it...ONE KILL! That was until some obviously butt sore individual decided to scour the whole back area and use an air strike just to kill me!....seriously why?!..WHY?!..I've never felt so frustrated at a video game.

Lol. I did that to a few someones today. I don't have a problem with people getting killstreaks or earning stars in battle commander, but when it's annoying me or making my team lose, then I do something about it.

For example, if the parrot is marking me repeatedly then I pull out the Rhino. I don't care if you have 4 stars already and two marks away from your achievement. If you keep marking me and getting me killed, your parrot is dead. If you spread the lovin and mark other people, then I'm likely to ignore you.

Going back to your case, I always watch the "killcam" to see who killed me. If it's someone sniping from afar who has a good view of the battlefield, is highly unlikely to get killed by my teammates, is not near any of my teammates, and has a high probability of killing me again as I'm heading to whatever objective I was going for when I got killed, then I pull out my hellfire and go after them even if I have to waste both hellfire missiles on them. Sorry.

To the rest of your post, yeah I am basically going to pass on that last achievement because I suck at sniping, especially when it takes two shots to kill. And I have 0 kills with C4s so I'm not even sure where to start with that one. Lol.

Yeah don't get me wrong I agree totally because I do the same..I'll kill folk regardless of what threat level they are and enjoy taking down those pesky parrots cos they are a major pain in the arse. They are challenges and as such are challenging. My point was more that this cheevo forces people to play in ways that doesn't suite them and may not help the team but if you want to get it then you HAVE to snipe etc. The cheevos could be skill based ie. gain a certain level of xp per min, gain over a certain K/D or gain a certain rank etc but not ones that force you to play in a certain style cos that just saps the enjoyment. Lol I was pissed at the guy for dropping an airstrike on me I'm not gonna lie but it wasn't his fault, he was just playing the game. I'm just close to getting this cheevo and I suppose I'm just venting some frustration that I have to persist with this god awful M200 if I wanna get it...I thought I had it man..I was so close..then I get my face smashed into the ground lol...Oh well, back to the suck!

Edited by Mumbles

I suppose I'm just venting some frustration that I have to persist with this god awful M200 if I wanna get it...I thought I had it man..I was so close..then I get my face smashed into the ground lol...Oh well, back to the suck!

Yo man, I need 100 kills with it still, I got a way u can get it if you want!

1 certain map, and ill get you your 10 streak.. Theres a spot where chances are u wont be found, and its also on a small map, jus gimme a few kills back!

Add me on XBL, Ill do it right now for you if your on! Msg here if you want to do it right now, otherwise ill help ya today after 8pmest.

Thanks for the offer 'Tha Big D1rty' but I just got this now playing legit!..God that brought a smile to my face!..Don't know what all the fuss was about really lmao (sarcasm)...Now I can get back to playing this game properly..just a few C4 kills and its all done.

Thanks Bounce Tacticz I was buzzing when I got it :) ..I got it on Green Zone on Ground Control. I lay down behind a truck down the road from C and got 5 kills. We won the first round so they got pushed back but I just kinda chilled round the half way line looking to see if I could pick up a kill. They won that round so when we got pushed back I climbed the advertising tower just back from C again and got the second 5. I got it just in the time too. I went 9 on Crossroads on Ground Control yesterday. I think it takes some luck and you need the cards to fall right for you to get this M200 done cos its so bad. You kinda need the game to last all 3 rounds to give you enough time to pick up the kills aswell. I was using the extra ammo and UAV sweep perks. As painful as it is I think you just gotta keep using it until it all falls right for you. Good luck pal!

Thanks Bounce Tacticz I was buzzing when I got it :) ..I got it on Green Zone on Ground Control. I lay down behind a truck down the road from C and got 5 kills. We won the first round so they got pushed back but I just kinda chilled round the half way line looking to see if I could pick up a kill. They won that round so when we got pushed back I climbed the advertising tower just back from C again and got the second 5. I got it just in the time too. I went 9 on Crossroads on Ground Control yesterday. I think it takes some luck and you need the cards to fall right for you to get this M200 done cos its so bad. You kinda need the game to last all 3 rounds to give you enough time to pick up the kills aswell. I was using the extra ammo and UAV sweep perks. As painful as it is I think you just gotta keep using it until it all falls right for you. Good luck pal!

I'll have to try that sometime tonight then. Thanks for the advice. And thanks, I'm gonna need all the luck I can get.lol

Thanks for the tip. I was at 8 when the match ended and saw the elite pop up, had that moment of hope before I noticed there was about 5 seconds left in the match. It's the last gun I need for ghost and is SOOOO BAD. Honestly considering boosting this from the headache its giving me and I find boosting to be the lowest of low of things to do. Only thing I need to boost in this game is full boat though, because i have 2 friends who have the game, leaving 13 empty slots :(. Thanks for the advice though!

Edited by Goldyman77

Never mind...just got it done legit with a friend. Used a good strategy that consisted of one person shooting a selected enemy both people could see and spot first than the guy going for the camo getting the kill by shooting second (Did it on Angel Island in Ground Control to be specific). Had 10 kills and 9 assists with this piece of crap when I got it, but now i can get to the other parts of the game! THANK GOD!

Nice one Goldyman77, well done...That tag team effort is a nice little strategy and sounds as tho it worked well. I should imagine it helped alleviate some of the frustration working as a pair. Thankfully we will never have to use that gun again!..Good luck with the rest of it.

I stopped reading right about there...I'm glad you got killed at a 9 kill streak...

The fact that you stopped reading there means that you pretty much missed the whole point of the post. Having said that I'm glad that you were able to take my comments and form some constructive input into the conversation...so thanks for that!

Edited by Mumbles

Never mind...just got it done legit with a friend. Used a good strategy that consisted of one person shooting a selected enemy both people could see and spot first than the guy going for the camo getting the kill by shooting second (Did it on Angel Island in Ground Control to be specific). Had 10 kills and 9 assists with this piece of crap when I got it, but now i can get to the other parts of the game! THANK GOD!

That's a good idea.

Also what about having a friend not only be a spotter but also be cover, so a rifleman say, sits near your position, hidden or whatever doesn't matter but uses UAV & can generally keep an eye out, pretty much having your back whilst you kill. Basically work as a unit.

The fact that you stopped reading there means that you pretty much missed the whole point of the post. Having said that I'm glad that you were able to take my comments and form some constructive input into the conversation...so thanks for that!

Reading that little sentence, told me everything I ever need to know about you...ever.

Reading that little sentence, told me everything I ever need to know about you...ever.

Your levels of perception and wisdom obviously stretch beyond our realm sir...you know nothing about me or what kind of person I am so there is no need to be condescending. All I meant was that the kid was obviously just getting personal revenge or why else would he search the whole back area of the map and drop an airstrike on one person who wasn't involved in the latest set of objectives unless I had annoyed him?..It's ok tho like I said later on its all part of the game and he was just playing the game...thats just the way it goes. I have exactly zero interest in arguing, making enemies or trading insults so lets just leave it there.

Edited by Mumbles

I really like anonymous ferret's post. I've never been one for clans or whatever (honestly I can't stand parties more than 4 people large) but I've always wanted to be part of a group, a unit, that sticks together from game to game. Unfortunately, my friends tend to be picky about their games and aren't the biggest fans of shooters. =/

Hahaha, high five man, I came up with the same idea the other day but my one friend who actually plans on getting the game doesn't have it yet so I can't really put it into action. Glad to hear that it works!

I definitely agree with Mumbles about the subject; I actually quite enjoy multiplayer achievements, but when they force you to play a certain way, they're basically a ball-on-chain.

It's so simple to fix these things, too. If Expert of War didn't require the Camo challenges, it'd just be a matter of accumulating kills: something anybody can do after a certain amount of time, where-as a killstreak depends HIGHLY on what the other players in the match are doing to you.

Another issue with Expert of War is the Game Mode tally; if you play Battle Commander matches, you only accumulate Battle Commander wins, instead of a Battle Commander win + a win for the gametype you actually played. Personally I'm not big on Battle Commander or Ground Control so I wanted to kill two birds with one stone, but that's just not possible.

Halo 3 was another example of annoying MP achievements, forcing many players to play Lone Wolves if they wanted to "complete" the game. I don't know about you guys, but I don't play multiplayer games specifically to play alone.

Your levels of perception and wisdom obviously stretch beyond our realm sir...you know nothing about me or what kind of person I am so there is no need to be condescending. All I meant was that the kid was obviously just getting personal revenge or why else would he search the whole back area of the map and drop an airstrike on one person who wasn't involved in the latest set of objectives unless I had annoyed him?..It's ok tho like I said later on its all part of the game and he was just playing the game...thats just the way it goes. I have exactly zero interest in arguing, making enemies or trading insults so lets just leave it there.

The fact that you implied that you raped him in his ass and it was sore as a way to say you dominated him....again, that tells me everything I need to know about you...ever.

I actually quite enjoy multiplayer achievements, but when they force you to play a certain way, they're basically a ball-on-chain.

It's so simple to fix these things, too. If Expert of War didn't require the Camo challenges, it'd just be a matter of accumulating kills: something anybody can do after a certain amount of time, where-as a killstreak depends HIGHLY on what the other players in the match are doing to you.

Another issue with Expert of War is the Game Mode tally; if you play Battle Commander matches, you only accumulate Battle Commander wins, instead of a Battle Commander win + a win for the gametype you actually played. Personally I'm not big on Battle Commander or Ground Control so I wanted to kill two birds with one stone, but that's just not possible.

Exactly pal. Its not so much about playing well and having fun sometimes as it is about grinding it out and blind random luck, and like you say it depends a lot on what other people are doing. Multiplayer is supposed to be about having fun and playing as well as you can...not about being forced into a corner in terms of how you play the game. The Devs know how popular cheevos are these days but I just don't get why they release games and then say you have to play how they say if you want those cheevies...I dunno it just baffles me sometimes..I don't think it really does them any favours.

The fact that you implied that you raped him in his ass and it was sore as a way to say you dominated him....again, that tells me everything I need to know about you...ever.

(sighs and shakes head)...So you are able to know everything about me by one sentence?..thats some talent you have there buddy. So if the only episode of Star Wars that someone had seen was 'The Phantom Menace' would they be right in assuming that was as good as it gets?..no that would be a wrong assumption. 'Hero of the Day' by Metallica is a great song but I wouldn't say that it's particularly typical of their general body of work and I would be wrong to assume that it was if it was the only song I'd heard by them...see where I'm going with this?! The first thing that you ever said to me was an attempt at a put down, the second thing you ever said to me was an assumption about my personality based on one sentence..I could make a pretty good assumption on your personality based on those two facts...but I won't...

(sighs and shakes head)...So you are able to know everything about me by one sentence?..thats some talent you have there buddy. So if the only episode of Star Wars that someone had seen was 'The Phantom Menace' would they be right in assuming that was as good as it gets?..no that would be a wrong assumption. 'Hero of the Day' by Metallica is a great song but I wouldn't say that it's particularly typical of their general body of work and I would be wrong to assume that it was if it was the only song I'd heard by them...see where I'm going with this?! The first thing that you ever said to me was an attempt at a put down, the second thing you ever said to me was an assumption about my personality based on one sentence..I could make a pretty good assumption on your personality based on those two facts...but I won't...

Big difference between George Lucas, Metallica and you is they never called someone "butt hurt"...what i find is children who use that term are the same ones yelling into the mic, glitching the game and calling everyone the N word. I also hate the fact that you felt this little story of yours was worthy of a thread all by it's self.

But honestly...who cares what I think....besides you.

Edited by Carmona

Big difference between George Lucas, Metallica and you is they never called someone "butt hurt"...what i find is children who use that term are the same ones yelling into the mic, glitching the game and calling everyone the N word. I also hate the fact that you felt this little story of yours was worthy of a thread all by it's self.

But honestly...who cares what I think....besides you.

LOL so now you are assuming that I am a childish brat, a glitcher and a racist!!...you are wrong again. You are also implying that I am among the things that is wrong with video games today and some of the communities/characters that play them...those things are not me..you are nothing if not consistent. Everybody else who replied to my post seemed to understand and join in. It seems as tho the only reason you posted a reply was to create an argument and get a reaction..it all seems a little ridiculous. If you had taken the time to read the full post before commenting you would have realised that my "little story" was a pretext to the main point of my post...but you didn't and instead jumped the gun. I said 3 or 4 posts back that I have no interest in arguing or making enemies so god only knows why I'm participating in this petty bickering.

Like you said who cares...