Battlefield almost.... Lacking?

RollinJello75

So heres my question... anyone else notice that Battlefield seems to be lacking? It wishes to go against Modern Warfare 3 but how can you do that with a game almost worse than battlefield bad company 2? Don't get me wrong i like the game, but the storyline was pretty anti-climatic and reminded me way too much of Black Ops, with the interrogation. Another point is that of destruction, and how DICE claimed there was more of it.... Nope. In Bad Company 2, almost every single building or house could be decimated into complete ruin, while here you can deface a building, and collapse only a selct few buildings. Nothing like what you could do in Bad Company, as i dont walk around aweing at the destruction just everywhere... I dont see that here, which is dissappointing as its one of Battlefields trademarks. Also, i noticed many a time where my game gliched and i had to restart a level, even after reloading checkpoints. I have yet to see any major glitches in multiplayer, although co-op is equally subjected to glitches, especially near the end of any level. Feel free to comment you opinion and remember to be not take this personally if you love the game, i do to too im just kinda disappointed.

So heres my question... anyone else notice that Battlefield seems to be lacking? It wishes to go against Modern Warfare 3 but how can you do that with a game almost worse than battlefield bad company 2? Don't get me wrong i like the game, but the storyline was pretty anti-climatic and reminded me way too much of Black Ops, with the interrogation. Another point is that of destruction, and how DICE claimed there was more of it.... Nope. In Bad Company 2, almost every single building or house could be decimated into complete ruin, while here you can deface a building, and collapse only a selct few buildings. Nothing like what you could do in Bad Company, as i dont walk around aweing at the destruction just everywhere... I dont see that here, which is dissappointing as its one of Battlefields trademarks. Also, i noticed many a time where my game gliched and i had to restart a level, even after reloading checkpoints. I have yet to see any major glitches in multiplayer, although co-op is equally subjected to glitches, especially near the end of any level. Feel free to comment you opinion and remember to be not take this personally if you love the game, i do to too im just kinda disappointed.

Official Bitching Thread:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241035819832/

personally, with this being the only BF ive played, bc ive always played COD.. the only thing i can complain about, but its not a biggie, is that u cant cook grenades.. whats the point of throwing a grenade? the other people have time to get away from it before it blows.... but other than that, im really enjoying the multiplayer.. havent started campaign bc im waiting for my buddy to get it so we can do co op..

What is Battlefield lacking? For crying out loud it had dinosaurs!

What is Battlefield lacking? For crying out loud it had dinosaurs!

I LOLed. That is definitely the most decisive argument in favor of Battlefield 3.

Although to be fair, Black Ops did have a sequence where you were able to kill some asshat who was drinking milk FROM THE CARTON in one of the missions. Who does that?

So heres my question... anyone else notice that Battlefield seems to be lacking? It wishes to go against Modern Warfare 3 but how can you do that with a game almost worse than battlefield bad company 2? Don't get me wrong i like the game, but the storyline was pretty anti-climatic and reminded me way too much of Black Ops, with the interrogation. Another point is that of destruction, and how DICE claimed there was more of it.... Nope. In Bad Company 2, almost every single building or house could be decimated into complete ruin, while here you can deface a building, and collapse only a selct few buildings. Nothing like what you could do in Bad Company, as i dont walk around aweing at the destruction just everywhere... I dont see that here, which is dissappointing as its one of Battlefields trademarks. Also, i noticed many a time where my game gliched and i had to restart a level, even after reloading checkpoints. I have yet to see any major goklitches in multiplayer, although co-op is equally subjected to glitches, especially near the end of any level. Feel free to comment you opinion and remember to be not take this personally if you love the game, i do to too im just kinda disappointed.

Honestly what is up with all this whining? What is this the SPUF forums?

Ok first off Destructibility is not a trademark of Battlefield. Actually its only appeared in the offshoot series, Bad Company1/2.

It seems your only other argument is that the campaign in weak. This is the first game in the main battlefield series(BF 1942, BF Vietnam, BF 2 and Battlefield 2142) to even include a campaign. This is because this is a multiplayer series. The main focus is putting together a great multiplayer experience, which I personally think they did.

Ok first off Destructibility is not a trademark of Battlefield. Actually its only appeared in the offshoot series, Bad Company1/2.

It seems your only other argument is that the campaign in weak. This is the first game in the main battlefield series(BF 1942, BF Vietnam, BF 2 and Battlefield 2142) to even include a campaign. This is because this is a multiplayer series. The main focus is putting together a great multiplayer experience, which I personally think they did.

True, but what about DICEs statements about going up against modern warfare? Do you really think they can do that with an alright campaign? They also did state that destructibility was going to be a large part of the game, im trying to find the specific quote.

personally, with this being the only BF ive played, bc ive always played COD.. the only thing i can complain about, but its not a biggie, is that u cant cook grenades.. whats the point of throwing a grenade? the other people have time to get away from it before it blows.... but other than that, im really enjoying the multiplayer.. havent started campaign bc im waiting for my buddy to get it so we can do co op..

Suppress them before throw grenades if you want a kill. Suppression is the single biggest innovation BF3 has added to the shooting genre, and its an absolutely fabulous mechanic that gives supporting fire real meaning.

Having said that, grenades don't have to kill to be effective...they flush the enemy out of cover and then you shoot them.

True, but what about DICEs statements about going up against modern warfare? Do you really think they can do that with an alright campaign? They also did state that destructibility was going to be a large part of the game, im trying to find the specific quote.

Destructibility is a large part of the game. The buildings just aren't made of paper like they were in Bad Company 2. I've seen many buildings collapse, and many deaths as a result. What more do you want? Or are you just being another typical whiner gamer?

Thank You. Enough with these Battlefield isn't this n battlefield isn't that. If u have that much of a problem with the game then trade it in n put the credit towards mw3.

Thank you as well. These threads are getting completely out of control. Refer to the link CGPsaint included.

Ok lad, we are really beating a dead horse with this campaign. It wasnt great, we get it. But understand this NO 1 IS GOING TO BE PLAYING THE CAMPAIGN OF BF3 3 OR MW3 THIS TIME NEXT YEAR!!! The success of both games lies in their multiplayer. That is where the longevity is. When mw3 comes out n you've had a chance to play that multiplayer then you decide which 1 you prefer. If you were following this game up until release you would know that DICE mentioned that you would not be able to lvl an entire map the way you did in bfbc2. Buildings that house m-comm stations cannot be totally destroyed. It makes gameplay more tactical.

Suppress them before throw grenades if you want a kill. Suppression is the single biggest innovation BF3 has added to the shooting genre, and its an absolutely fabulous mechanic that gives supporting fire real meaning.

Having said that, grenades don't have to kill to be effective...they flush the enemy out of cover and then you shoot them.

ive noticed that ive gotten supress kills an supress assists, but what exactly is that? is there a certain way to do that? im new to BF series..

ive noticed that ive gotten supress kills an supress assists, but what exactly is that? is there a certain way to do that? im new to BF series..

Suppression is new to the series also, and probably the best innovation in a shooting game that I have seen in quite a long time.

Basically, have you ever noticed that when you are being shot at, even if the bullets don't hit you, they blur your vision and disorient you? That is the effect of suppression. Suppressive fire is a very common tactic in real warfare, and until Battlefield 3 has never really been implemented in any way.

Essentially, if you just start shooting alot at an enemy, even if you don't have a clear shot, your bullets may be flying all around them, suppressing them. This is the perfect time for a teammate to flank and kill them, netting you a suppression bonus.

Explosives also do the job. The M320 grenade launcher causes massive suppression to anyone around it. So launching a few of those at an enemy position before attacking can give you a nice advantage.

Why people complain about DICE's single player is beyond me, they only started doing it with the Bad Company series and now the main series so cut some slack :p

As for the game, i've just ordered it for £29.71 so i'm happy.

Because the hype for this game covered all aspects including single player.

On topic though, I have an Official Bitching thread, go post your complaints in that thread stop making news ones about every little complaint.

Suppression is new to the series also, and probably the best innovation in a shooting game that I have seen in quite a long time.

Basically, have you ever noticed that when you are being shot at, even if the bullets don't hit you, they blur your vision and disorient you? That is the effect of suppression. Suppressive fire is a very common tactic in real warfare, and until Battlefield 3 has never really been implemented in any way.

Essentially, if you just start shooting alot at an enemy, even if you don't have a clear shot, your bullets may be flying all around them, suppressing them. This is the perfect time for a teammate to flank and kill them, netting you a suppression bonus.

Explosives also do the job. The M320 grenade launcher causes massive suppression to anyone around it. So launching a few of those at an enemy position before attacking can give you a nice advantage.

Now I really love this feature, but I have to say its not really an innovation. Red Orchestra Two implemented this feature before battlefield.