Problem with first achievement

PaxyTheGreat

Hi guys,

I've completed the first mission (and several others) and it gave me the achievement, but I got disconnected from XBL somehow and now it's disappeared.

I tried replaying the mission, but it didn't grant me the achievement again.

What can I do? There doesn't seem to be a way to "reset" the game.

I tried looking around for where the save is, but the only thing in the Documents folder is Saved Free Flights. It doesn't use the "Saved Games" folder, and doesn't put anything helpful in %APPDATA%.

I'm hoping it's not all synced on a server somewhere... because that would basically mean we're out of luck forever. :|

Aha! Found it.

The game saves progress in: Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Flight\Players

You can delete the none-default folder there, then start up the game and fly the first mission, get the achievement, then restore the folder to how it was to get back your progress. :)

Find the following file (which will be a hidden system file) 4d5308d2.gpd

then delete it & when you logon back to GFWL it will let you re-earn it. Obviously make sure your not in the game when you do this just be on the Windows desktop.

The .gpd file is just a temp GFWL achvs marker downloaded from GFWL servers & no matter how often you delete it whenever you logon back to GFWL it will get redownloaded to your PC.

Its there someone on your hard disk it may be hard to find but every GFWL game has a different .gpd file. One thing to mention is whenever you delete the .gpd file & you first logon back to the game ALL achievements will appear locked in the GFWL client but as soon as you reearn any achv they will all magically unlock again as they were before.

Nothing you can ever do to the .gpd file will affect any unearned achievements on the GFWL/Xbox.com servers either!!

Find the following file (which will be a hidden system file) 4d5308d2.gpd

then delete it & when you logon back to GFWL it will let you re-earn it. Obviously make sure your not in the game when you do this just be on the Windows desktop.

The .gpd file is just a temp GFWL achvs marker downloaded from GFWL servers & no matter how often you delete it whenever you logon back to GFWL it will get redownloaded to your PC.

Its there someone on your hard disk it may be hard to find but every GFWL game has a different .gpd file. One thing to mention is whenever you delete the .gpd file & you first logon back to the game ALL achievements will appear locked in the GFWL client but as soon as you reearn any achv they will all magically unlock again as they were before.

Nothing you can ever do to the .gpd file will affect any unearned achievements on the GFWL/Xbox.com servers either!!

This worked thanks!