• I get it through Gamefly or similar ways
    • I wait a few days and see the reaction before buying
    • I wait for price drops regardless of how good it is

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love going to midnight releases. I have a good rapport with my local Gamestop and so its always a blast for me and my buddies to go hang out and talk games for a few hours. Plus they usually do gaming events and have food & beverages available too. Nearby local stores pitch in as well. Cousin's Subs supplies food once and a while, and when I went to the Modern Warfare 2 midnight release Sports Clips was shaving, anyone who asked for it, heads. I'm hoping tonight the new Sweet Frog will supply some frozen yogurt!

I have a good rapport with my local Gamestop and so its always a blast for me and my buddies to go hang out and talk games for a few hours. Plus they usually do gaming events and have food & beverages available too.

This is the same for my local Gamestop, as well.

I voted "I love going to midnight releases for games I enjoy"...Though I would not say "Love". I enjoy going to them, as it is a good time.

The Halo 4 release day events press statement said 10k stores worldwide are doing Midnight openings 7k being in the US alone (so I think Midnight launches are still really popular). They started in Auckland around 5 hours ago with special events going on around the globe like an Austin event including 343i, Rooster Teeth and Certain Affinity staff in attendance, Seattles got all the 343i heavy weights and Master Chief and warthog, California as a prized gaming competition and theres a live event/stunt on the river Thames in London.

Sadly ordered my LE from amazon so I'm going to miss out on all the fun. It'll be a case of impatiently waiting till the postman turns up tomorrow morning.

I took today and tomorrow off of work to prepare and play.

I'll sleep later in the afternoon, wake up, then head to Best Buy with friends. Hopefully we'll manage to do 4 player co-op campaign on heroic, or legendary all in one go.

The last midnight release I went to was for Skyrim...and that was also the first one I went to. :p

But I am really pumped for Halo 4. And 5. And 6.

I don't go to midnight releases because the Play.com pre-order always arrives the day before. Blasting through mission 4 right now and I kinda feel sorry for anyone who is gonna be waiting around til midnight to play this unbelievably epic game. Worth the wait though.

I've gone to EVERY midnight release for a Halo game, as well as Skyrim, Mass Effect 2 and 3, and all of the CODs. I have a good relationship with the guys at my local Gamestop, so its always a blast for me to go and hang out. On midnight release nights for big-ticket games like COD and Halo, my GameStop serves pizza and soda, and we play the multiplayer of the previous incarnation of the game being released. It's always a hoot!

I like midnights. I used to know most of the people that attended them. But with my new job I can't make it to gamestop until about 12:35 because I get off work at 12:30. : <

So by the time I get there everyone is gone. But I'll hang out and chat with the manager and whoever else is working. Since it's usually me they stay open for. Haha.