Don't Buy! Full of bugs! BS Glitches! AHHHHHHFFS!H

meltinzone

Was 1200MSP the other night. Today 800MSP. Ah cool. I'll get 400 easy achievements.

Forget it.

You get up to the 4-5th level, a cop level, and playing it on hard it's broken.

Right after you do a button combination and the cops health is basically gone, the next 2-3 combinations don't load with buttons. Like the first button is just greyed out where normally it would say something like "A" or "B" but instead it's just empty.

No problem when it's empty for a hold combination, but when it's the first button of the combination, it's BS!

I've just spent the last hour YELLING at the screen, literally because of the BS that keeps glitching and happening.... was this game even tested FFS!?

On top of that, the "power combos" (up, up or up, down, up etc) are very unforgiving on that same level. You literally have to have a new controller that resets/centres perfectly or it can throw you off. The super quick timing I can deal with, but when it's left-right-left-right, by the time you see the combo on the screen you've run out of time to do the combo. They either need to put the combo up earlier on screen or be more forgiving with the time/centreing of the thumbstick.

I was going to change difficulty and try again, but suprise suprsie...you can't.

On top of all this, ironically it feels like where Snoop himself would have played up to (or one of his people) and gone cool. Then they just made it bullshit hard, very unforgiving, full of glitches, bugs, thumbstick problems and the worst part - grayed out buttons and timing that is INCONSISTENT.... HOW the F did this get through MS? Huh?

I want my 800 MSP back. Very very unhappy with how buggy it is considering the money Snoop has to make games :/

You've all been warned. Buy at your own risk.

MS dropped the ball on both picking games to approve for the service, and how well they bug test for certification, several years ago. It's like they just don't give a single fuck anymore. We've had more games with unobtainable achievements in the past 6 months than we had in the 5 years preceding it... Maybe not but it's damn close.

The things I personally hate in this game:

- Framerate is really crap and causes you to "miss" inputs that you actually didn't miss, the game just couldn't keep up with you. This is the worst one for me - how the fuck did that pass MS? That's like if Meat Boy only jumped 50% of the time you press A.

- Tempo changes within the same beat line with absolutely no indication that it's coming. What the fuck is that?

MS dropped the ball on both picking games to approve for the service, and how well they bug test for certification, several years ago. It's like they just don't give a single fuck anymore.

The things I personally hate in this game:

- Framerate is really crap and causes you to "miss" inputs that you actually didn't miss, the game just couldn't keep up with you. This is the worst one for me - how the fuck did that pass MS? That's like if Meat Boy only jumped 50% of the time you press A.

- Tempo changes within the same beat line with absolutely no indication that it's coming. What the fuck is that?

Yeah man. I actually stopped buying arcade games after I bought Bloodforge and was amazed that made it through That game was one I started a thread on because I was so pissed off with all the bullshit in that. This game is one of the only other ones I've felt so inclined to warn othes about since I've been buying arcade games again more recently.

I wonder if they realise they lose sales because of shitty games being allowed through. I've had 8 accounts over my time and some games have been bought 3-4 times for the different accounts, stuff like Geometry Wars, Cloning Clyde, Contra. I loved arcade and got all 200GS in Contra on one of my accounts, was super proud.

Lately however I've played some really cool arcade games like Comic Jumper and the few Deathspank titles (all with great humour) and on completely different levels to trash like this game. I'm truly amazed and horrified this abomonation of a "Dogg" shit game was allowed through.

I guess the point I'm making, awesome games like Comic Jumper for 1200MSP aren't getting bought because people don't know if it'll be another bug ridden piece of garbage. So great developers are missing out because people aren't willing to risk what they'll get, one hand an aweomse fun wicked sense of humor game, the other hand a bug ridden POS.

Unfortunately it appears I'm not the only one conned into buying this POS. Hope people take heed in our warnings mate and save themselves wasting money. Spend another 400MSP and get Comic Jumper or spend only 400MSP and pick up Cloning Clyde. Or try a Deathspank game for probably the same 800MSP (don't know how much MSP they are currently).

This sucks...was looking forward to this.

Yeah man, totally. Hopefully you haven't wasted your money yet...

Fuck this abomonation of "Dogg" shit

The Deathspank games are 1200MSP and, honestly, I think people should avoid buying them too. The first two games were developed with the same budget and project time and when they were finished with the game, they decided to just chop it in half to double their profit. The games are fun but that's a scummy move that shouldn't be supported either.

I think XBLA's downfall (everything except for massive hits like Trials and Minecraft is selling less now than they were a few years ago) is a combination of people being tired of this console generation, MS flooding the service with too much shit and the price points going up (1200MSP is the new standard, 400MSP games hardly exist anymore). It's a perfect example of rampant greed leading to LESS profit than a less greedy attitude would've.

While I didn't really like this game that much at all and it has its technical issues, it wasn't buggy enough to prevent me from S-ranking every song on Hard my first time playing through it last night. I read a post on here that there's a bug with one of the challenges but I haven't started those yet, but tonight I'll investigate and see if it is messed up for me.

While I didn't really like this game that much at all and it has its technical issues, it wasn't buggy enough to prevent me from S-ranking every song on Hard my first time playing through it last night. I read a post on here that there's a bug with one of the challenges but I haven't started those yet, but tonight I'll investigate and see if it is messed up for me.

Don't worry, it will be. I wasn't the only person with the problem. It's definitely broken, and I worked out why.

it wasn't buggy enough to prevent me from S-ranking every song on Hard my first time

And that's exactly the problem, I'd also "S" ranked everything first time too, then I got to the cop level and the bugs started and stopped me. As the bugs appear to be random, well it's no suprise some people get through without a problem. For me though, it just kept showing greyed out buttons for multiple combinations in a row.... over and over...... and over again.

Perhaps now I've given it a day and the 360 has had a chance to cool down I could reload the game and see if it works 2nd time around. Even if it does, that's beside the point, it shouldn't be allowed to be released when it's so inconsistent... it feels like it wasn't even tested after it was all compiled... :/

I noticed that sometimes my button prompts would be greyed out as well. I was wondering what that was supposed to be. I also hated the lag that I would experience sometimes when putting in super move inputs.

I went back to the tutorials the first time I saw a button prompt where there was no button, and couldn't find anything! Only then did I realise that it wasn't supposed to happen.

It was a nightmare while trying to 100% the song on the glitched challenge as I had to learn every prompt because it would randomly remove some of the graphics.

I also hated the lag that I would experience sometimes when putting in super move inputs.

Or how the super move buttons would fall behind the picture and almost be greyed out themselves...

I wonder if it's just the hard difficulty or normal and easy as well?

I went back to the tutorials the first time I saw a button prompt where there was no button, and couldn't find anything! Only then did I realise that it wasn't supposed to happen.

Yeah, plus it's a real shame the devs seem lethargic in the response they wrote you. Surely if they (devs) played it and had any soul they'd realise this shit wasn't anywhere near ready for release. Don't game testers exist these days?

I suppose I'll be holding off on this one until a patch surfaces. :/ It's a shame, here I thought I'd be getting a Parappa The Rapper inspired Snoop Dogg game with an easy list with no kinks at all.
It's a direct ripoff of
, actually.

Yeah, plus it's a real shame the devs seem lethargic in the response they wrote you. Surely if they (devs) played it and had any soul they'd realise this shit wasn't anywhere near ready for release. Don't game testers exist these days?
I understand your frustration, man, but you seem a little confused about the scale at which this game was produced. They're very likely a studio of 5-10 employees; they can't afford a fleet of game testers. That's what Microsoft's certification team is supposed to be for XBLA.

Did anyone else notice how the game only has 12 achievements? That usually means that the game was originally submitted to Microsoft before last year's achievement policy change, which in turn means that they've spent probably like 8 months fixing up the version they originally submitted... Imagine if we had gotten the first version!

very likely a studio of 5-10 employees; they can't afford a fleet of game testers.

Did anyone else notice how the game only has 12 achievements? That usually means that the game was originally submitted to Microsoft before last year's achievement policy change, which in turn means that they've spent probably like 8 months fixing up the version they originally submitted... Imagine if we had gotten the first version!

I understand if they can't afford game testers, I just feel at the very least playing the game on hard straight off the bat isn't much to ask of a developer testing their own game. I mean the broken screens and what not are something anyone, anyone, would be able to pick up just by looking at the screen. Perhaps they ran out of money and forced it through...

anyone else notice how the game only has 12 achievements? That usually means that the game was originally submitted to Microsoft before last year's achievement policy change, which in turn means that they've spent probably like 8 months fixing up the version they originally submitted... Imagine if we had gotten the first version!
I too, also found it odd achievements were 25 GS and 50 respectively. The fact there is 12 achieves and it's "Dogg" as oppossed to Lion and his new reggae work.... the game was probably made 24 months ago and even though they were cleaning and cleaning it up, it's still an abomonation... If the first verison was what we got, omg... o.O

I fond an interesting and helpful glitch. Whenever the Special Move inputs show up, get a quick look at them and pause the game.

Now input them. You will hear a sound effect(behind the pause screen) signifying that you inputted them properly. Now un-pause the game, you will successfully hit your Special Move every time.

Make sure you at least see the first input show up before pausing and pressing random buttons. After hitting many successful notes, pause once it's your turn to input a complex Special Move input(on higher difficulties) then just press random buttons and directionals until you hear the sound confirmation in the background that you got it. First input must have at least shown but you can do the trick without seeing the whole Special Move input

Many people complain about their inputs not registering for the special so I thought this would help. Nothing groundbreaking, but it certainly takes away the stress of messing up inputs up allowing the CPU to get a free hit on you instead.

Edited by ChoZen 1

And that's exactly the problem, I'd also "S" ranked everything first time too, then I got to the cop level and the bugs started and stopped me. As the bugs appear to be random, well it's no suprise some people get through without a problem. For me though, it just kept showing greyed out buttons for multiple combinations in a row.... over and over...... and over again.

Perhaps now I've given it a day and the 360 has had a chance to cool down I could reload the game and see if it works 2nd time around. Even if it does, that's beside the point, it shouldn't be allowed to be released when it's so inconsistent... it feels like it wasn't even tested after it was all compiled... :/

Yep, same level, same problem. Greyed out buttons. Ridiculous.

I fond an interesting and helpful glitch. Whenever the Special Move inputs show up, get a quick look at them and pause the game. Now input them. I thought this would help. Nothing groundbreaking, but it certainly takes away the stress of messing up inputs up allowing the CPU to get a free hit on you instead.

Thanks man, this definitely helps, I booted the game back up and tried this and beat the cop level and another few, but the part that sucks really hard is when you have greyed out buttons at the start of building up the combo and you can't get even get to that point because of the buggy pos game.

Again, thanks for the tip, works a treat :)

....but unfortunately the game is still a POS. :/

Yep, same level, same problem. Greyed out buttons. Ridiculous.

Hear, hear! Nice to see I wasn't the only one that it happened to at the EXACT SAME FUCKING SPOT!

Makes me and no doubt you wonder "How the FUCK did this past testing if two diffrent people come across the same fucking problem just by playing the game through?" What's that devs?... you didn't actually play it yourselves once through before releasing it, well....

I had the greyed out blocks too.

Sometimes the word "move" would appear and block the view. It stayed on the screen until I quit out of the game.

Yep, and it's not just that level "move" pops up on, it stays there throughout. I don't understand how they don't 'reset' the popups at each level. With what I know about programming, through causally being interested, it makes me wonder if the devs even know what they're doing. I mean surely some of this stuff would have been picked up if they just ran the code through "automated-error-finding-tools (that are industry standard - even for noobs which the devs obviously are)" Guess even that was too much effort for these devs... If they were given degrees in anything related to programming or IT, the people who handed them there degree should fall on their sword in shame of seeing they helped create this abomonation.

Nothing against the graphic devs, graphics are nice, it's the programming that sucks, real hard, on this POS.