+Spoilers+ Max Payne refrences

Jabbawocky

So far I found a few particulalry at the begining of Episode 2.

• Is set Three Years before, much like three years before the pain started in MP.
  • A killer storm in New York.
  • Bottle of Pain Killers in the bathroom.
  • Wake's novel is basically the plots of MP 1 and 2 (read with a James McCaffery sound alike)
  • The building texture next door to Wake's apartment is similar to the ones seen in MP 1

So far I found a few particulalry at the begining of Episode 2.

• Is set Three Years before, much like three years before the pain started in MP.
  • A killer storm in New York.
  • Bottle of Pain Killers in the bathroom.
  • Wake's novel is basically the plots of MP 1 and 2 (read with a James McCaffery sound alike)
  • The building texture next door to Wake's apartment is similar to the ones seen in MP 1

Pretty sure something is read out in Max Payne's voice too, manuscript possibly, cant remember now.

Noticed the painkillers, good spot on the rest though.

Both the locked door and opening door sounds are the same (I know its little but meh)

and also the protagonist in Alan's book is called Alex like the DEA agent killed in the first few moments of Max Payne.

The band something of the Elder God's played a tour called Ragnarock like the nightclub in Max Payne.

The home of the Andersons' is called Valhalla which is also mentioned in Max Payne.

Wake's novel is basically the plots of MP 1 and 2 (read with a James McCaffery sound alike)

It is James McCaffery, he also plays the part of Tom Zane (with a practically normal voice this time).

Slightly off-topic but I've only just realised that all those years I've been watching Rescue Me, I've been looking at Max Payne! Thought he sounded familiar...

Good I wasn't the only one that noticed this! The first 2 manuscripts you find in chapter 2 are obviously read by MP voice actor, and based on MP:)Love Max Payne, love Alan Wake, love Remedy! One of the best developers ever!

Someone will complain about being too far fetched, but in MP (can't remember if it was 1 or 2) one of the TV shows was called "Address Unknown", with even a theme park in MP2.

Wake's latest book is called "Return to Sender". Seem to be the logical consequence after sending something to an unknown address.

Also, the "do your face" by Sam Lake really made me LOL loud.

The screams from a baby during the visit to the trailer park are very similar form the baby in MP.

Sam Lake is the Lead Writer for Alan Wake, as well as Story and Script writter for the original Max Payne (as well as lending him his face.)

There was reference to Max Payne at the Brothers farm where the dying drunk says, 'Its like a cheesy script where in the sequel the heroes best friend turns out to be the enemy.' Which I think is a joke to Max Payne 2.

TV show when Alan talks about killing of Casey in his newest novel, saying the characters gone through some rough times and it was time to start something new might be a joke for Remedy about moving on from Max Payne.

Sam Lake is the Lead Writer for Alan Wake, as well as Story and Script writter for the original Max Payne (as well as lending him his face.)

There was reference to Max Payne at the Brothers farm where the dying drunk says, 'Its like a cheesy script where in the sequel the heroes best friend turns out to be the enemy.' Which I think is a joke to Max Payne 2.

TV show when Alan talks about killing of Casey in his newest novel, saying the characters gone through some rough times and it was time to start something new might be a joke for Remedy about moving on from Max Payne.

i never played max payne, but even these little find still amuse me, tha fact they went through time to add little odds and ends for people to pickup on is great.

Not Pat Maine, she was talking about her father, also named Breaker. He mentioned the DJ later on in the same conversation tho, maybe you mixed it up :)

yeah probably, that sounds like me. still though cop in new york :) max payne was a cop in new york