Servers shut?

Wanted to make this my next 100% but when using my silver account to boost the online requirements, the server had issues and kept kicking me back to the main screen.

Have the servers been shut?

They shouldn't be. It's probably your connection as I know people who got the 1000 a few days ago.

I have a strong connection but thanks for the info. Such an amazing game and would be a proud 100% on my list.

Will try again tonight. Does it still get the odd hiccup where you may have to delete and reinstall the patch? I know on PS3 I did it fine on one account, then on the next the contracts money didn't add up until I reinstalled everything.

Also. Heard the auto save screwed a few people over. Can you copy the save to memory stick or was it one of the games that were save protected type thing?

I can confirm that the servers are still good, got my contract achievements yesterday, or the day before.

Also. Heard the auto save screwed a few people over. Can you copy the save to memory stick or was it one of the games that were save protected type thing?

I haven't had any issues with saves, however, i just finished the game and 1 achievement glitched (unlock 20 playstyles). Other than that, it's all good.

I can confirm that the servers are still good, got my contract achievements yesterday, or the day before.

I haven't had any issues with saves, however, i just finished the game and 1 achievement glitched (unlock 20 playstyles). Other than that, it's all good.

Thanks mate. Was you able to rectify the problem with the achievement? I only ever had 1 issue with the playstyles on PS3. It wanted you to do so many of such a thing, but a certain playstyle never announced when it was completed, but when checking it was there.

Looking forward to this now.

So the only online stuff is..

Make a contract.

Make a million.

Vote on a contract.

Play a friends contract.

Gah! Forget the rest.

Thanks mate. Was you able to rectify the problem with the achievement? I only ever had 1 issue with the playstyles on PS3. It wanted you to do so many of such a thing, but a certain playstyle never announced when it was completed, but when checking it was there.

Nope :( I tried redoing some play styles, still nothing. I started a brand new save and im just playing through on easy now to try and get them all again. 10/20 at the moment, so hopefully not long to go :(

Make a contract.

Make a million.

Vote on a contract.

Play a friends contract.

Gah! Forget the rest.

The other one is Contender (You participated in a contract competition), and also the tutorials.

Cheers man. You're a star. Hope everything works out for you.

If not then you could always try deleting the patch and seeing if it unlocks offline.

EDIT:

Just tried 5 times on my old account. Got to the end where you create a competition but then the servers said there was a problem and kicked me back. Iit only cost me about £5 brand new so even if I get a quid or so trade in its not so bad. Kind of gutted though.

Edited by Brako Von Cruel

Cheers man. You're a star. Hope everything works out for you.

If not then you could always try deleting the patch and seeing if it unlocks offline.

EDIT:

Just tried 5 times on my old account. Got to the end where you create a competition but then the servers said there was a problem and kicked me back. Iit only cost me about £5 brand new so even if I get a quid or so trade in its not so bad. Kind of gutted though.

Hmmm very strange. Mine constantly pops up with featured contracts and what not when I pause the game. I wonder if it's regional?

Also, finished my 20 play styles again on a new save and the achievement popped :)

Hmmm very strange. Mine constantly pops up with featured contracts and what not when I pause the game. I wonder if it's regional?

Also, finished my 20 play styles again on a new save and the achievement popped :)

Nice one mate!

What I might do is send a message to the devs/publisher and paste the message I get. It definitely says theres a problem with the Hitman server though when the message pops up.

I'm from the UK with an awesome connection so I don't think its me. Perhaps its because its the bank holiday weekend and servers all over are getting hammered.

Before I bought the game I posted on the official Xbox website asking if the servers will still live. Someone mentioned something about that the servers will only close when XBL is down or closes. So maybe Microsoft has something to do with the server control for this game. I dunno about stuff like that though.

There's no rush though. I will keep trying and there's only a few (and quick) online achievements for the game. So I just need that one good night. Perhaps mid-week next week.

Tell you what was weird on the PS3. The odd trophy would pop without giving that lovely ping noise, that's why I kept doing some trophies, only to find it had already unlocked. You chaps experienced that on the 360?

Before I bought the game I posted on the official Xbox website asking if the servers will still live. Someone mentioned something about that the servers will only close when XBL is down or closes. So maybe Microsoft has something to do with the server control for this game. I dunno about stuff like that though.

That must mean that the game is running off the microsoft servers, and not a 3rd party server, so you should still have quite a few years left to get these achievements ;)

Tell you what was weird on the PS3. The odd trophy would pop without giving that lovely ping noise, that's why I kept doing some trophies, only to find it had already unlocked. You chaps experienced that on the 360?

Nope, always popped for me on screen. Only issue i've had like that is on the Xbox One.

I wonder if its a gold account issue? Doubtful but I've only tried it on a silver account so that I can then get all the achievements for my main gold account.

If you've created all the contests and stuff. Would it be possible for you to add me until I get those achievements. I don't game online other than for stuff like this, so I could get those and then you could remove me.

I wonder if its a gold account issue? Doubtful but I've only tried it on a silver account so that I can then get all the achievements for my main gold account.

That might be the case, just tested it on a silver account and it gave me an xbox live error when trying to access the contracts page.

If you've created all the contests and stuff. Would it be possible for you to add me until I get those achievements. I don't game online other than for stuff like this, so I could get those and then you could remove me.

Added you, hit me up if you need any help when you get around to trying it out.

That might be the case, just tested it on a silver account and it gave me an xbox live error when trying to access the contracts page.

Werrrrrrrrrrry interesting. On PS3 its not a problem as online is free. I'm wondering if there is a glitch to make it work when you're silver. Like doing it really quick because every other game gives you the LIVE notice straight away.

Added you, hit me up if you need any help when you get around to trying it out.

Really appreciate that pal. I'll get the addidge when I get home from work and get started on this beauty. Will remove Darksiders and play that at a later date me thinks.

EDIT

Thanks for the add, but I think the Hitman servers must be having problems because even on gold it had issues. I got lucky because at least I never unlocked any achievements, but I really want this 100% as its such a top class game. I'll contact the devs/publisher when I get home.

Edited by Brako Von Cruel

• 3 months later...

So the only online stuff is..

Make a contract.

Make a million.

Vote on a contract.

Play a friends contract.

Gah! Forget the rest.

Pretty much got these the first time I did online.

I started my own comp, played it, played my friend's contracts, got the million and voted on a mate's contract. Also I'm sure I don't need any of the online cheevos after that one session, wait you need to win a competition but that was easy because noone played my one lol.

I've only got about 4-6 cheevos left but they are single player cheevos.

EDIT: got them on silver too, don't know how it worked

Edited by FireBallZ24

• 1 month later...
Pretty much got these the first time I did online.

I started my own comp, played it, played my friend's contracts, got the million and voted on a mate's contract. Also I'm sure I don't need any of the online cheevos after that one session, wait you need to win a competition but that was easy because noone played my one lol.

I've only got about 4-6 cheevos left but they are single player cheevos.

EDIT: got them on silver too, don't know how it worked

I know how it works. I had the platinum twice on PS3. The problem I had with the 360 version was that I kept getting a message saying the server was down every time I started contracts mode.

It doesn't matter anymore though. Cheers for the replay.

• 2 years later...
Contracts servers will be shut down on May 25th 2018, hopefully only temporary.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-absolution-service-message/

I'd recommend getting the achievements while you can, though. Who knows if they'll come back. They only take like 45 minutes anyway, and you can do it by yourself.

• 2 weeks later...