a man and a half

phenominality

Or if you don't have any save games close to lvl 10.. Start up the 1st level of the new episode "No Rest for the Living" on what ever difficulty. When you start you will see a big silver sign for UAC. Run up to it. Open it. Get the beserk back inside and run around until you get it. Even if the red effect on the screen is gone. You will still get it if you continue.

Edit: as stated on other posts before. The effects don't actually wear off "the red screen" you got it for the rest of the current level. Every imp and human will turn to a meat pile if you hit em way after with it. So just run around even when the screen is not red anymore and hit em. You will still get it long after. Just keep the 20 kills on the same level. No time pressure or anything. 1st level on the new episode got plenty of mobs in the 1st area. I got it way after the red was gone.

Edited by Balc0ra

MAP10 - Refueling Base is a good place assuming you are playing on Ultra Violence, 2 Berserk packs in 2 different rooms packed with low level enemies.

I found it easy on level 9.

3 berserk packs, once you know where they all are you can just kill as many enemies with each until it pops.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/facepalm2.gif

Once again, you do not need more than one Berserk power-up. Once you have one, you are Berserk until you exit the level. The effect does not end once the redness on your screen goes away. You have it for the duration of the level.

The only benefit to multiple Berserk packs in a single level is if you are low on health: Berserk packs also give you 100% health no matter how low on health you are. But once again, the first one gives you the strengthened fist attack for the duration of the level, you do not need to collect more when the redness fades.

EDIT: In case anyone doubts me, this video proves it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVrEZMswUjo]YouTube- DOOM II - "A Man and a Half" Achievement[/ame]

Edited by mjc0961

It's totally true. In all my years of Doom-ing, I never knew about that. Very nice to know, considering I'd rather use the fists than the chainsaw...

So, a very easy level to get this would be the first stage on No Rest For The Living. Simply run straight up to the UAC wall in front of you and there's a pack in there. Grab it and just punch everyone you see until you get the achievement ... and again, because it doesn't wear off feel free to take your time!

It's totally true. In all my years of Doom-ing, I never knew about that. Very nice to know, considering I'd rather use the fists than the chainsaw...

So, a very easy level to get this would be the first stage on No Rest For The Living. Simply run straight up to the UAC wall in front of you and there's a pack in there. Grab it and just punch everyone you see until you get the achievement ... and again, because it doesn't wear off feel free to take your time!

Yep, and play better than I did in the video. :p

Normally I'm much better than that, but put me on camera and apparently I choke. Ah well, still popped the achievement and that's all that matters.

They DON'T run out...

I fear we are fighting a losing battle here... :(

lol

btw I play Doom since 1994 and I NEVER knew that the berserk pack keep its effect all the level long. in fact I had my "a man and a half" achievement killing 20 enemies in red screen mode XD

I suppose it's easy to see why people would be confused over that. But no the Berserk power-up last for the rest of the level you are on and disappears at the start of the next level.

The Red Tint as far as i know is merely to signify that you're literally "seeing red" and "berserk" and so you can't even really see if you're taking damage or not (at least at first).

From memory a good level to use the fist on is MAP13 (Downtown) in the normal Doom II "episode". The berserk is right near the start and as soon as you get it the wall lowers and a line of Lost Soul's slowly float out. Then if you go into one of the buildings (where you get the Rocket Launcher and some rockets), a couple Pinky Demons will teleport in - and if you're quick enough you should be able to run toward the door in time killing 2 or 3 along the way and then finishing them carefully after you're in a safe position.

if that isn't enough for the achievement you can always go up the steps near the Berserk pack and inside the warehouse with the crates where a few Imp's are scattered too.

I wasn't trying to be mean, I just didn't understand why you felt the need to remind us that you were the OP. Just weird, that's all.

Also, I lol'd. :p

I'm just playin' with you. i don't remember why i put that. It probably made sense to me when i posted. :p