Linking your account

RalliArtEvo

Yes, shit happens, but for an extremely high profile game launch, with an achievement involving their website, this is still a big miss for Harmonix to not have the site up and running ahead of time, let alone half a day after launch.

It's more than just the achievement, though - presumably the instructions to export RB2 songs will be there as well (though I already figured that out from finding it on other sites), and that's going to piss people off as well.

Hopefully it's up soon.

It's not like they had years upon years to prepare for this, right?

^ I fixed that for ya. This really is a big miss for Harmonix. I say that because they envisioned all this stuff back when Rock Band first came out. They've wanted to implement pro-like instruments since day one. This site has no reason to not be up and running right now.

I want to link my account, put band pics up, and more! Gimme gimme gimme!

Yes, shit happens, but for an extremely high profile game launch, with an achievement involving their website, this is still a big miss for Harmonix to not have the site up and running ahead of time, let alone half a day after launch.

It's more than just the achievement, though - presumably the instructions to export RB2 songs will be there as well (though I already figured that out from finding it on other sites), and that's going to piss people off as well.

Hopefully it's up soon.

wow, everyone really needs to relax. There have been many games where some of the achievements weren't available for days or weeks after the game's release date (especially viral achievements). Everyone that is complaining here, show me your 49/50 in this game, and THEN you can bitch about this "mess" that harmonix has created.

Wow, anger issues much, Nath? Comprehension issues, preppy?

For one, I didn't say it was all about achievements, did I? Yes, that is one problem (and it is annoying to be stuck with a gamerscore that ends in 4 or 9) - but overall it's an image/reputation issue for Harmonix. They have messages all over the game saying 'go to the website and link your band', but no website to back it up. I work in IT, and there is NO reason why the transition from an old site design to a new site design should take as long as it has taken them - it should have been programmed and ready to go before launch, then you redirect to the new site. Should take a couple of hours TOPS to make that kind of a switch.

Secondly, even if my comment was entirely about achievements, I think I might just be in the right forum to post about it, given that the site the forums are hosted on is xbox360ACHIEVEMENTS.com.

For the record, I have enjoyed the hell out of the game, having received it over a week ago. The game is not without its flaws (more buggy than RB2, at least), but it is an awesome game, and extremely fun. I like the keyboard controller, though I suck at playing it so far.

Maybe you should be enjoying the game instead of trolling the forums . . .

Craig Christ.

How about you all stop caring about Achievements for two goddamn seconds

True spirit of the community right here, folks..

It's as if people should come to an achievement guiding website to have lite discussions about off topic conversations, and not have concerns for obscure achievements that may or may not be glitched because of a third-party peripheral required to obtain them...

I'm just messing around, dude. :)

This game's awesome, achievements or not.

Edited by RIVE

Not really as angry as I may have come off, not angry at all in fact. Just really curious as to why every community related to RB (here, scorehero, etc) seem to care about the website more than the amazing game that just launced. It makes no sense to me, at all

Trust me, the only reason I'm not playing it is because I'm not home. As soon as I do get home, I'm going to do what I've been doing the last few nights -- Making love to Pro Mode drums. :D

Not really as angry as I may have come off, not angry at all in fact. Just really curious as to why every community related to RB (here, scorehero, etc) seem to care about the website more than the amazing game that just launced. It makes no sense to me, at all

Trust me, the only reason I'm not playing it is because I'm not home. As soon as I do get home, I'm going to do what I've been doing the last few nights -- Making love to Pro Mode drums. :D

i live in manitoba canada, time for me as of this post is 8:04 pm. the site is still not up for me, and for some, the day's is technically over already too. this really bothers me that their site isnt available yet.

they better have a good reason for it.

Wow, anger issues much, Nath? Comprehension issues, preppy?

For one, I didn't say it was all about achievements, did I? Yes, that is one problem (and it is annoying to be stuck with a gamerscore that ends in 4 or 9) - but overall it's an image/reputation issue for Harmonix. They have messages all over the game saying 'go to the website and link your band', but no website to back it up. I work in IT, and there is NO reason why the transition from an old site design to a new site design should take as long as it has taken them - it should have been programmed and ready to go before launch, then you redirect to the new site. Should take a couple of hours TOPS to make that kind of a switch.

This is their biggest release...ever. God forbid something unexpected should happen.

This is their biggest release...ever. God forbid something unexpected should happen.

Yes, true - which is why it's disappointing that something relatively minor and very much in their control, such as the website, is a total fail for day 1. They could have had it done and ready to go months ago (like they did with the game itself) - or at least left the old site up with a banner message explaining what happened, instead of the generic 'we're not ready yet' message it was giving all day.

Website is up!

However linking still isn't.

Oh well, back to playing the game.

Well they'll probably provide a link how soon. I'm kinda anal about having a gamerscore that doesn't end in a 5 or 0 at the moment.

They seem to be releasing news late lately, I find it funny how they released how to get the RB2 songs on RB3 real late. So late that some people had already sold their game and instruction booklet.

Also hah, as I was typing this out there was a RB3 commercial on TV that I hadn't seen before, probably not so coincidental.

Man, people are EXTREMELY impatient. It seems like all "some" people care about is themselves. They're usually the ones that make the biggest noise whining and crying for something that isn't available Day 1 or before then. And.......*SIGH* Some people fail in life. This isn't a big deal that the website, or this or that isn't available on Day 1. YOU guys just make a big deal. If it's too much to take in the first 24 hours of the game releasing, go away. Normal people won't miss you

Come now, everyone, an amazing music game comes out and so many people are worried more about the website being down then actually enjoying the game? =/

I don't know why people are treating this like some sin or crime harmonix has committed, issues happen with tech and timelines in the real world.

There's a huge difference between linking being down for a day or two and issues which are game breaking.