When you unlock infinite ammo does it disable achievements?

CDAWGYDAWG911

If you think about it, infinite ammo would throw a rather vital stat "accuracy" right out the window. Just spray and pray..:uzi:

It's fun to enter 'God mode' in videogames but it never presents a challenge. I think Max Payne 3 and Ninja Gaiden are cut from the same cloth; punishing difficulty and a steep learning curve.

If you think about it, infinite ammo would throw a rather vital stat "accuracy" right out the window. Just spray and pray..:uzi:

It's fun to enter 'God mode' in videogames but it never presents a challenge. I think Max Payne 3 and Ninja Gaiden are cut from the same cloth; punishing difficulty and a steep learning curve.

Are you saying this is a hard as ninja gaiden the hardest games every made?! Maybe i wont start on hard then.

Neither of those games are impossible to complete, but I was advancing through trial and error so much on hard it was making it difficult to appreciate the pacing and story.

I missed out on MP2 and it's been ages since MP, so I am no expert but I plan to replay the missions on Hard and probably dabble in the arcade.

The higher difficulties assume you are familiar with the set pieces, guns and combat methods, you might want to play through on medium and collect golden guns for an edge on the harder playthroughs.

Are you saying this is a hard as ninja gaiden the hardest games every made?! Maybe i wont start on hard then.

I started the game on hard and beat it with free aim. The game is tough, but each time you die in the same checkpoint the game starts helping you by giving you up to 3 pain killers and such.

I started the game on hard and beat it with free aim. The game is tough, but each time you die in the same checkpoint the game starts helping you by giving you up to 3 pain killers and such.

Ill start it on hard with free aim if it get stuck (i shouldnt im good at shooters) ill lower difficulty and hope i still get the achiveo for doing it or normal

What's wrong with you guys? The cheats are there as a bonus. If they affected achievements and stats, it would throw things completely out of wack and make the game boring. The achievements are supposed to be a challenge!

It would make it boring to some, fun for others (myself included). If I want to use a cheat then LET ME. I want to play the game the way I want to play it, cheats and all. Devs need to stop making things disable achievements because they want us to have the same exact experience they crafted for us. Some people want to play their own way.

if you want an easy 1k, play Rango!

Rango is dumb. No guns, no awesomeness, no infinite ammo.

It would make it boring to some, fun for others (myself included). If I want to use a cheat then LET ME. I want to play the game the way I want to play it, cheats and all. Devs need to stop making things disable achievements because they want us to have the same exact experience they crafted for us. Some people want to play their own way.

Stop whining. Jesus... Where's the challenge in beating the game on it's hardest mode while using cheats? Achievements should be challenging, not made redundant by cheat usage.

Grow a pair, and play the game how it is supposed to be played.

Edited by KriugerisLT

I understand BOTH sides of this argument. But I can say that I've been working my ASS off with the Strategy Guide to find all the Golden Parts for each weapon, so for the achievements to be locked when I unlock Infinite Ammo kinda sucks, y'all. My plan was to unlock Infinite Ammo and use it to play the Hardcore and Old School difficulties. To tell me that I won't unlock those achievements and I've put all the time in to USE this feature makes it seem POINTLESS to find all of the Golden Parts in the FIRST place, expect to get the 'A License To Kill' achievement for finding all Golden Parts. They should have set it up like Gears Of War 3. You unlock Mutators for completing certain 'Grind' type tasks. You can use those Mutators (Infinite Ammo, ETC.) to aid you through Campaign or Horde and STILL unlock all your achievements. I honestly don't think we as players should be punished for actually putting the time in to unlock certain features. THAT being said, I will still get my 1000 Gamerscore for this game. Just kinda sucks that I now know it will take a bit longer. I PRAY you guys saying these achievements will void out with the Cheats are wrong. (LOL)